What are your opinions on no-lifing?

Goldenjkered

Today I managed to play 6 hours of runescape (not straight in three different parts of the day), and on Tuesday and Wednesday I played maybe 7-8 hours across those two days. I don't think I no lifed however I can safely say I havn't been outside for the last three days. I've always considered no lifing to be true if you play more than 10 hours a day, but maybe the term can be used in other ways such as playing five hours straight without any break whatsoever. I've always been against no lifing, but as I look at other people, I can see how easy it is to fall into a loop of achieving long goals, and to do so not have much of a social life. So have you ever no-lifed, or do you think it is wrong?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with no-lifing. It is your choice to envelop yourself in a game. You can choose to play or not, to play 10 hours at a time or 2.

And I feel it should be fair to tell, that I do sometimes no-life. Only when I know I am close to achieving a respectable level, or a level in which I have been striving for.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

Take lotsa breaks, and play any amount that suits you.

I once tried to no life hunter, and managed 2 hours at a time. Others can do it for 10 hours without a break.

As long as playing does not interfere with more important matters, then play away :)

Not gona lie, i no life alot rofl. Theres nothing wrong with it. Be real, going outside gets just as boring as if staying on the computer. Especially during the summer, sometimes it be scorching outside, not bout to kill myself in 100+ degree heat. I play football for my school, practice only 3hours!! after that i go home and chill, eat, call up my shawti(female) then own on rs. On saturdays im dippin wit my gurl some where mess around wit her :thumbsup: than im at home bored. BIngo! rs.

wish i could advertise my myspace to show that you can have a real life and no life on a game.

nothing wrong with no lifin. if u wanna see my myspace pm me.

Oddyss3us222.png

oddyss3us222.png

I agree with Woodcut Lvr. I can say that i no-lifed hunting today getting 500k exp.

I also got 98 hunting which is a respectable level. (I think soo)

Anyway, as long as runescape doesnt cross with real life work/chores, play away. :mrgreen:

You can be safe, you havnt beaten my no lifing.

So yea, my summer break is ending in 3 weeks, and yea, i have spent most of my days here. I have been outside a maxium 15 days, rest of the time, I have been here, playing from 10 am to like 12 pm.

I realy know it's not healthy, but this is a one time experience.

I guess there is nothing wrong with it. I used to do it frequently a few years back on RuneScape. I do believe it is unhealthy to spend so much time in front of the monitor without a break though (well, it is regardless).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

You can be safe, you havnt beaten my no lifing.

So yea, my summer break is ending in 3 weeks, and yea, i have spent most of my days here. I have been outside a maxium 15 days, rest of the time, I have been here, playing from 10 am to like 12 pm.

I realy know it's not healthy, but this is a one time experience.

oh my, youre just like me :o

tifsbti6oi.gif

I really don't have anything for no-lifers. Anybody would say that sitting infront of a tv for 10+ hours a day would be damaging to your health and would admit it, but when its a computer people don't seem to have the same view, when it is exactly the same. It can damage your health by getting less excercise, less intake of healthy food and nutrients as you always want faster food, and can seriously damage your eyes in the long run, ruling out multiple proffessions in later life (trust me i now cannot do certain things i wanted due to having poor eyesight). People who no-life actually get 0 respect from me for getting certain achievements, take that villandra person who gets all the slayer capes/summoning capes, i have no repsect for that as it is just pointless achievements to show off to people who you will never meet and never have any impact on your life. Having achievements over long-periods and no-lifing say the last 2-3% like getting a 99 in a skill and taking a day to get the last level is fine, its human to want that quickly, but doing that day in day out is something i cannot condone, and have no respect for, it just shows ignorance of the person as to what they are doing to themselves.

Yes i will probably get flamed for saying all that but i know i feel it is all true.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I've done it while skilling but it's not like I do it everyday. If you do it sometimes and not make it a habit to no life alot I'm ok with it but when it becomes your duty to play runescape everyday for 10 hours a day more than twice a week theres something going wrong there and that is were i lose all respect for you and your achievments. As my Band Director says:

The only reason people sit in front of a computer or TV all day everyday is because they obviously failed at Real Life and thats why they are the 300 pound slob you are today
He was talking about quiters and that somehow came up :lol:. Basically I'm ok with it on moderation.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I think staying up all night and being online for 14 hours at a time isn't right. But if you're home, and you want to be on RuneScape, fine. Being on RuneScape is no worse then watching TV.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

this summer, most of my time was spent into games including runescape but i hardly regret it and i feel like i've spent it well. most people are not going to have a chance to no life when they're a few years older so it's reasonable to take that chance as much as possible. i spend about 8 hours a day playing only games and still maintain good health. with all the bad things going on outside, people shouldn't blame no-lifing or how they spend their time inside.

I've never been able to effectively no life (I just can't sit there doing the same exact thing for ours on end, to me it's a huge mental strain) but I wouldn't exactly say it's "wrong". It's your own decision as to how much time you want to devote to a game, and I don't think it's right to rush to judge a person based solely on how they appear to divide their daily allotment of 24 hours. There certainly are limits regarding how much no lifing is reasonable or healthy, but that's for the person doing the no-lifing to worry about, not me.

I'll admit to no-lifing, but I don't really care, I say if you can afford to then 'scape away. Of course never let it interfere with your obligations.

And I get way more out of playing RS then I do with watching TV, I talk with friends and don't have to put up with commercials ;)

LOL.jpg

There's nothing wrong with no-lifing. It is your choice to envelop yourself in a game. You can choose to play or not, to play 10 hours at a time or 2.

And I feel it should be fair to tell, that I do sometimes no-life. Only when I know I am close to achieving a respectable level, or a level in which I have been striving for.

Yes there is, it causes addiction in a game. When you get a job and no life you will almost have to cut it cold turkey. Right after band camp i felt like not playing rs at all and i am proud of myself for feeling this way. It means a possible 4.0 sophomore year not a 3.85 in freshman year (damn runescape).

The hours that you put into this game could be put into something else. When you are about to die, what would you of used those hundreds to thousands of hours for?

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.