What are your opinions on no-lifing?

Goldenjkered

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything wrong with no lifing, so long as you're taking care of your real obligations. :thumbup:

It really changes though when you get older and have more responsibility. I've only no lifed once, and that was two summers ago. I was playing 10+ hours a day for about two months. I had nothing else to do! Nowadays, I'm just consumed in school, finding a job, managing my money, spending time with my girlfriend, and countless other little things. I don't have time to play Runescape anymore. I really wish I did, cause for some reason, I don't feel like playing unless I know that I can sit down all day and just relax. But, whenever I sit down to play, I'm always thinking "well, I have two hours, then I have to get up and do such and such..."

It's a little stressful to be honest. :|

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Summer = No life tbh. If you really think about it, sports don't benefit us financially, and although you do get exercise, you have a higher risk of injury. I do occasionally go outside and play a little soccer on the weekends, but all in all, I no life it a loooot during summer.

Yeah but sports can benefit you in other ways, and who knows you could get to the top and get paid playing a game if you work at it (Odds are very unlikely though). Then the scholarships chances are even greater, I have a friend and she is in the same grade as me (Jr.) who already has a full ride to a college (Very good college around here, its called Lyon doubt anyone has heard of it though) and she isn't incredibly gifted she just works at it harder than most people. I almost quit basketball going into my Sophomore year of high school, but I'm glad I've kept at it. Kind of hard to explain how it benefits you, it's something you have to go do yourself.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

You can be safe, you havnt beaten my no lifing.

So yea, my summer break is ending in 3 weeks, and yea, i have spent most of my days here. I have been outside a maxium 15 days, rest of the time, I have been here, playing from 10 am to like 12 pm.

I realy know it's not healthy, but this is a one time experience.

You must have a really nice, socially active life.

Oh wait-

I no-life a lot.

What else have i got to do?

I have my violin which I practice like 1 hour a day.

isiting friends that live locally gets boring after a while.

Orchestra is on summer break.

Choir is on summer break.

I have cricket but that is just 1 match a week and 1 evening training session.

I actually look foward to school becuase it will give me something to do.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

So yea, my summer break is ending in 3 weeks, and yea, i have spent most of my days here. I have been outside a maxium 15 days, rest of the time, I have been here, playing from 10 am to like 12 pm.

Oh wait-

2 words: [bleep] you!

on topic: i am like this guy i believe i been out less then him :) but i got a great social life. and if i want to i can call one of my friands and be with him in 1 how long i desire(out record is 1 week at my place :D ) the rest of the time i been inside playing as soon as i got up till i went asleep 12-15hours later. so [bleep] you again and don't judge what you don't know. [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed] -.-

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Well back when I played, I used to play alot and I never lost "touch with the social and real life" if that's what you want to know. It's not really about the amount of time you play, it's about priorities.

You could play 8 straight hours and not be considered no lifing (in my opinion) AS LONG AS, by doing that, you didnt leave other more important things behind

Problem is that people who start playing too much lose the ability to distinguish things properly lol

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

Yes there is, it causes addiction in a game. When you get a job and no life you will almost have to cut it cold turkey. Right after band camp i felt like not playing rs at all and i am proud of myself for feeling this way. It means a possible 4.0 sophomore year not a 3.85 in freshman year (damn runescape).

The hours that you put into this game could be put into something else. When you are about to die, what would you of used those hundreds to thousands of hours for?

I have a job. So piss off. I can no life AND have a job. AND have a meaningful relationship with my girlfriend. AND keep my grades up. AND PLAY THIS GAME AS I PLEASE. So next time you feel like bringing up jobs and such, get them and see if you have time. I do.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

Oh wait-

2 words: [bleep] you!

on topic: i am like this guy i believe i been out less then him :) but i got a great social life. and if i want to i can call one of my friands and be with him in 1 how long i desire(out record is 1 week at my place :D ) the rest of the time i been inside playing as soon as i got up till i went asleep 12-15hours later. so [bleep] you again and don't judge what you don't know. [bleep] [developmentally delayed] -.-

Your opening words + your avvy = me loling :lol:

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

I agree with those who say that no-lifing is when you put Runescape above your real life responsibilities. If you have time to play Runescape without it interfering with your responsibilities, then great, play away. Personally, I play Runescape a lot during the summer because there really isn't anything better to do but I do go out when I am asked to hang out with friends and such. During school, however, I do not play at all because I am way too busy.

acsstarlight.png

acsstarlight.png

I think it's pathetic that someone would dedicate their lives to something so pointless. It's a game that earns you no respect in the real world no matter how good you are in the game. That's why I always see no-lifers as losers who try to cover up their worthless lives by being good at a game.

memorysignaturesx7.png

I think that no-lifing is okay sometimes, but I don't like it when you spend the majority of your time in front of the computer screen, playing runescape. You don't need to have loads of friends and a very good social life, but you can have a few friends and not only play all the time. But playing quite a lot is okay, I think.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

A normal person is awake for 16 hours a day, playing for 10 hours still leaves you with 6 hours for other things.

I dont "no life" according to myself but you can judge that for yourself, i am a very fit person that manages alot of exercise and my work is also fairly physical too, i do very well at school and have a good social life and i can't recall being ever called a nerd.

I find runescape to be educational in a way, my maths is very good, the maths exam/tests we have ranks me in the top 1% of my state does anyone else believe runescape has helped their maths?

Im mentally sound, i have good self-esteem and enjoy my life, so i do have a life (don't we all?).

Arzian.png

I think it's pathetic that someone would dedicate their lives to something so pointless. It's a game that earns you no respect in the real world no matter how good you are in the game. That's why I always see no-lifers as losers who try to cover up their worthless lives by being good at a game.

there will always be the same people that'll respect you in the real world. getting respect in a game isn't something to scoff at. you're benefiting from skills you've put in the game and not the social status that you have in real life. so how is it a bad thing?

I am completely fine with playing a moderate amount of time, provided it does nothing to intervene on aspects of real life that you should spend more time on.

In my opinion the name "no-lifing" should tell you the sheer problem with it. ;)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Yet you have a signature that says RS is worth the memories and you have a picture of you and your "best bud". Hypocrite much?

I think if people want to no-life that is up to them. We have no idea of their health issues, or social problems etc so why should we judge them?

I rarely play more than 2 hrs a day on the computer, not all of that rs, however I have a 'get bored easily makeup', so I can't do anything for long at once.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

it realy depends on your idea of no lifeing for insance i spent 8+hours playing rs on monday AFTER being at work 8am -5pm then did the same the next day and then about 15 on wed (was off work) i also went out on thur and still got 5 hours in rs yesterday i got about 6 today so far 2 (im off to work now but when i get back ill probably do another 5-6 hours) in this case am i real no lifeing as far as i can tell im not => im fine with it

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Sometimes people have some good reasons to nolife too, at least as far as I'm concerned. I'm currently going through a breakup. As such, I'm going to spend lots and lots of time over the next while playing Runescape so I can keep my mind on something else.

I don't think there's any problem with nolifing, if you can maintain your social life and health too.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Someone brought up the point of when you are near death, you wish you would have done something more productive. To which I say, why do you even care? You are about to die!

In the end, life doesnt matter about getting the most success, the prettiest girlfriend, the best status or the best character. Its about having fun. If I had a degree in medication, but I felt like I wanted to be a truck driver, then by the god's Ill be a truck driver.

If I were to crash in a fatal car accident, and I was stuck under a tree. I wouldnt think: Atleast I had money and girls. No. I would think "Bummer, now Im going to miss that party next saturday".

Life is the question which holds no answer, just have fun along the way. If you find nolifing fun, then who are you to follow the mindless mass who will judge you on everything you do anyway.

For example, if I would drive from my home two blocks away to order a pizza, and people would comment on it, they would say something along the lines of this:

You went out in those clothes?

You should be ashamed, pollunting the enviroment for your own sake!

Why didnt you order on the telephone?

God, if you keep up like this you'll be a fat and bold, and die of heartfailure.

You [puncture]! You eat that whole pizza by yourself, take some friends with you too!

Instead of doing that you could have done something more useful.

Hah, if you had studied more you would have been able to purchase a fish cuisine.

Don't drive this slow, you aren't a slug are you?

You know that car you have? Its a known brand to use asian children for its production.

Don't people say hello any more?

To all the whiners whining about the whiners, Don't listen to peoples opinions on your lifestyle. 95% of the time it will be negative and will only get you down. Get a beer, Listen to rock and have fun.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I think no lifeing is different for every person, because spending 10 hours on runescape to someone who sleeps from 10pm to 12 pm is alot, but someone who plays 10 hours a day but sleeps from 5am to 9am is not really nolifeing, Sure hes not healthy, but he still is spending the majority of his day doing other things.

Mister Fish

deathodie1.png

deathodie1.png