Void Armor- it's a disease!!!

fenrir321

That's right!!! But before I tell you how we need a cure for the void knight disease more than a cure for the cold, I'll you about void knight armor in general.

Void Knight Armor comprises of the top, bottom, gloves, and a helmet of relevant attack style

Except for the gloves, the defense are exactly same the across the board (2 difference in magic in gloves) and no piece gives statistical bonuses, but doesn't give any negatives either. Therefore, it is the most versatile of all armors since it has a helm for either point of the combat triangle.

People keep telling me I'm wrong because Range void is the best ranged armor for exp/safe spotting/low lvl monster tasks . That's not what I'm talking about . I'm talking about pvp in bh, the pits, clan wars ,adn the duel arena where a mere -10 defense can get you 1 hit koed.

General: the defenses are pathetic when compared to the other armor (with the exception of magic, which is equal to blk dragonhide armor.) There are other armors for defense than vastly exceed the void knight armor.

melee: the maximum hit of normal equipment with salve (e), sup str, piety and AGS spec is 83

Using void melee, your max hit is 80. There is an obvious dip in damage for selecting, what, +10%? I'm not sacrificing 250 defense just for +10% accuracy...

magic: possibly the most useful of the three. It gives a +30% in magic accuracy (I believe it outperforms ahrim's in this department). But because of the defense, it is still not a viable option when compared to Ahrims.

range: +10% ranged accuracy and damage. Except for high damage special attacks, like dark bow spec and rune bolts (and for anti mage with the seercull spec), there is no point in using this armor over blk dragonhide. Hitting an 80 + 10% is one thing, but hitting a 12 + 10% is another...And the accuracy only barely makes up for the massive drop in ranged attack. And since blk dhdie is easy to obtain and gives much better ranged and melee defenses, it is better for pvp (unless you're using ice barrage, but then they could range too...)

The void knight mace is possibly the most useful staff of all. With 80 magic, you can hit 30, lower the target's defense by 5%, hold them for 15 seconds, and lower their att, str, and def by a further 10%. And Claws of Guthix is cheaper than ice barrage. The mace is also slightly stronger than a rune mace, so good for lower lvls in melee.

My rant really isn't about pointing out the weaknesses of the armor. My point is that why the hell do so many people use it SOOOO much when the weaknesses are almost blatantly obvious?! I understand just funning in the duel arena, but in the 9 days at pc I spent for prayer lvls, I met 12, TWELVE, people getting full RANGED void...AGAIN. Why? Because they had used it in bounty hunter. Why risk something that takes literally hours (~8.9 hours with an average of 2.5 mins per veteran game.) to get when you could get something that is almost as good (in the case of dbow specing with blk dhide) or something that is better (ahrims)? Another thing that seems odd is how people will sometimes just wear pieces of the armor expecting to gether the bonuses :roll: .

My final thing is mainly venting some frustration, so you can stop reading passed here if you like ;)

[hide=if you wish to read on]Thanks for reading more! ::'

Ok, I got full void armor (all pieces from the helms to the mace and even 5 seals) 6 days after the update last July. So, now I feel like I'm "one of the crowd", which I hate incredibly :evil: . I probably feel like the fletchers and chefs who got 99 fletching and cooking before the achievement capes. Now, almost everyone has a fletching/cooking cape it seems. I guess since so many people have void armor, it kind of devalues it for me :cry: . The annoying thing is that the "blast" of void armor went up around the time of item lending. Gee, I wonder why? -.- -.-

I expected more people would get void armor, but not this many so soon...

Anyway, thanks for reading this far, again ::' ::' !!![/hide]

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I think a lot of people wear it to show off. They bust their butts for hours on end playing Pest Control, so they decide to wear it to show off. Its a crap armor, but when you work a lot to get it, it tends to make people wanna be show offs. Just like F2P and anything that is only for members. The noobs flock to you like a god, while all the higher levels start calling him a show off. Sam thing with when skill capes came out. Members would flock Lumby and noobs would follow them like they were some kind of war general...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I think a lot of people wear it to show off. They bust their butts for hours on end playing Pest Control, so they decide to wear it to show off. Its a crap armor, but when you work a lot to get it, it tends to make people wanna be show offs.

I wouldn't call playing Pest control "busting their butts". It's more like "get 40 damage, wait. Call a guy with a Granite Maul a noob. Cash in and get 500k exp" And it's definetly not something to show off. Showing off that you play pest control is just sad. They played an exceptionally easy game to get exceptionally easy combat levels. Yay?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

You realise half the people don't even look at the stat bonuses for armour? Tonnes of people don't know that a Rune Kiteshield offers better defense than an Obby Shield, & the only reason OS is more expensive than an RK is because of the +5 Strength Bonus.

People look at skill guides & assume that one weapon/piece of armour is far superior to the one below because it requires 5 or 10 more Atk/Str/Def levels to use.

Since the Void Set takes a while to get, some assume that it must have incredible stat bonuses.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I think a lot of people wear it to show off. They bust their butts for hours on end playing Pest Control, so they decide to wear it to show off. Its a crap armor, but when you work a lot to get it, it tends to make people wanna be show offs.

I wouldn't call playing Pest control "busting their butts". It's more like "get 40 damage, wait. Call a guy with a Granite Maul a noob. Cash in and get 500k exp" And it's definetly not something to show off. Showing off that you play pest control is just sad. They played an exceptionally easy game to get exceptionally easy combat levels. Yay?

There's some irony in the exp rates: I got more str and att exp by killing stuff than redeeming pc points for prayer exp. ~600k exp in attack and str combined. Before the pc update, the game was rather easy, too easy. Now, it's actually quite strategic. Don't believe me? Play Warcraft and try to hold off 3 fronts on the same position by just bashing in skulls.

Trivia: the exp rate for prayer per point at lvl 99 is 288, the same as dragon bones at the ectofunctus!

And it's a minimum of 50 damage. And for every person who just waits, the chances of survival drop about 15%, so you'll get flamed for doing nothing and you'll lose fairly much.

I can't believe I'm defending pest control since I hate it so much :wall: :wall: :wall:

First of all, be proud of the accomplishment it took for you to receive your void armor when and how you did. It is that sense of pride that the people who are wearing the armor so much now believe that they have, although they know that it was not as hard to receive as it had been. And, as has been mentioned, people look at the requirements to wear something and judge how strong it is by that. It's also a way of showing off that they do have the stats to wear it. Perhaps it's silly, but such is pride, both the desire for it, and the poor judgments because of it.

General: the defenses are pathetic when compared to the other armor (with the exception of magic, which is equal to blk dragonhide armor.) There are other armors for defense than vastly exceed the void knight armor.

Its not used for the defense.

melee: the maximum hit of normal equipment with salve (e), sup str, piety and AGS spec is 83

Using void melee, your max hit is 80. There is an obvious dip in damage for selecting, what, +10%? I'm not sacrificing 250 defense just for +10% accuracy...

Well, void melee is used for duels and magic based monsters normally. In a duel, two 50 specs wins the match. Void's magic defense is plenty for killing bloodvelds or whatever. Heck, at 90 mage it can do well at waterfiends!

magic: possibly the most useful of the three. It gives a +30% in magic accuracy (I believe it outperforms ahrim's in this department). But because of the defense, it is still not a viable option when compared to Ahrims.

No offense, But I really stopped taking you seriously when you said void magic was the most useful. One of my friends tested it out at Steel Dragons and ahrims/infinity outdoes it by far. Unlike range and melee, void mage does nothing to your damage. It just adds a tiny tiny bit of accuracy, which is nothing compared to standard robes.

range: +10% ranged accuracy and damage. Except for high damage special attacks, like dark bow spec and rune bolts (and for anti mage with the seercull spec), there is no point in using this armor over blk dragonhide. Hitting an 80 + 10% is one thing, but hitting a 12 + 10% is another...And the accuracy only barely makes up for the massive drop in ranged attack. And since blk dhdie is easy to obtain and gives much better ranged and melee defenses, it is better for pvp (unless you're using ice barrage, but then they could range too...)

Void Range is arguably the best void set. I'm not sure about it in PvP (But hitting a runner with a void 45-45 Dbow spec sounds neato) but in training it helps your XP alot. Your bow gives enough accuracy to hit stuff like Bloodveld or Yaks consistently and the extra damage is great. Plus you won't be taking damage either way because of safespots.

The void knight mace is possibly the most useful staff of all. With 80 magic, you can hit 30, lower the target's defense by 5%, hold them for 15 seconds, and lower their att, str, and def by a further 10%. And Claws of Guthix is cheaper than ice barrage. The mace is also slightly stronger than a rune mace, so good for lower lvls in melee.

I like the mace too for DMs and dueling, but Ice Blitz is beter than Entangle+Claws

Go fight some people in full torags and then tell me that it doesn't matter about defense :roll:

As for the magic, I never tried it out on steel dragons, yet I hit more in the pits than ahrims :-k

I ranged with both dragonhide and full void range, and found that the void armour is much better for training. So, useless? Absolutely not.

I never said it was useless. But I wouldn't risk 8.9 hours of game play in pc in bh...when I could just use blk dhide and get similar accuracy results for 15k max.

i look down on people that pc lvs too 99's its just sad...you hardly do anything and your get lots of exp.... when people work like crazy too lv...

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

i look down on people that pc lvs too 99's its just sad...you hardly do anything and your get lots of exp.... when people work like crazy too lv...

[mini rant]No offense, but that's just sad. After having gotten over 2k points at OLD PC, and over 1k at new, I can honestly say that that's the worst statment I've heard in a long time. First of all, pest control consists of running around and killing portals\monsters in attempt to keep the void knight alive, and trying to work together with a team to win XP. Compare that to zombie monkies, where you stand there and click on your prayer and super set potions every 5 minutes. As for XP, under the new PC you get around 65k XP\hour, vs. 108k at zombie monkies (during which you click ~5 times every 5 minutes). I feel sorry for people that PC, but I don't look down on them.[/mini rant]

Agreed, void armor is HORRIBLE. For range training it provides ~7% XP boost in a few rare cases (chins not being one of them, void and d hide are TIED there). But if you just spent the PC points on range instead, or better yet trained somewhere else, you would have way more xp. For any kind of PVP void is total rubbish; for melee, it has only one possible use (waterfiends, and proslyte + piety is far better there anyway), and for mage Ahrims blows it away in terms of accuracy and defense. I can't see a single use for void, much less one that would make it worth 10 hours of PCing.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Go fight some people in full torags and then tell me that it doesn't matter about defense :roll:

Way to twist my words. You're talking to a guy who Duels in full Guthans for the set effect and could easily afford Bandos but prefers barrows. I said people don't USE VOID for defense. I NEVER said defense doesn't matter.

Defence is not needed at all times. With weaker monsters, armour can be easily subtituted with void melee. With ranged, you will use safestops.

2480+ total

you know, i kinda disagree with what your saying about it being useless.

for example, i have 79 ranged. i went on 2 iron drag trips, once with broad bolts, black d hide sara coif barrows gloves etc

and another with full void

i found that not only was i more accurate with void, my max hit also increased by 2.

i agree that the def is horrible, but in a situation such as metal drags, where def does not matter as long as you have antifire shield and pot, i think void can be very useful.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Whell, Void does look good... :|

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Awww, now I pretty much am sure that full void is useless. At least the top and bottom are good mage defence until I get 70 range for black dragonhide. Even then, the robe bottoms have better mage defence than black dragonhide, yay! Too bad it's only by about 2 points...

Now I feel like I've wasted quite a while getting them...

However, is full void mage better than mystic in magic accuracy? Even if they're the same, void has better defence stats. I'd REALLY appreciate help, thanks!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Maces are win though :D

I've heard range is very useful when you're doing team monster hunting and you're not the one getting hit. Melee is great when you're praying such as a barrows in combination to a ss or god sword. Dunno about mage.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'll have to disagree with some of your points.

Use of salve(e) is quite limited it should not be presented as a argument at all. For sure Black masks and Salve overpower void knight melee, you can't use it for every single monster. Many people wear void knight melee for the accuracy it gives (normal armour does not provide any) which can make quite a difference even its just "10%", and when they are barely taking any damage at all or magic damage.

It is not very tactical to mage WITHOUT a safespot, so if you do use a safespot, maging with 0 or 322 def makes no difference. I have no knowledge about the increase of magic accuracy, so I wouldn't talk about that.

Ah yes, the misleading 10%, yet not true. At a base hit of 14 normally, I could hit 17 with void, that's at least 25% increase. The main range bonus comes from the weapon, which is why people still can range effective in tank, even full torags. Also, it has been proven time and again that void range exceeds armadyl in terms of exp/hr for some training methods (even chinning). Comparison of stats between both is insignificant since the difference is only single digit bonuses. In PvM defence is not important since you will be safespot ranging.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I've utilized void knight since about a month or two the armors came out, they are useful. I really enjoy the range for when I don't need the defense of Torag's helm, and Melee is just fun to use. However, I ahven't foudn teh amge helm useful at all. Does it really compare to ahrim's?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The defense bonus of full black d'hide (minus the coif) is:

+92 Stab

+77 Slash

+100 Crush

+86 Magic

+87 Ranged

+91 Summoning

Void Knight Equipment (minus mace):

+87 Stab

+87 Slash

+87 Crush

+85 Magic

+87 Ranged

+72 Summoning

Also has the bonus of : +10% to Ranged Attack and max damage

As you can see, the defenses are pretty much equally matched. Not only that, but Void Knight exceeds Black D'hide in slash, which is a most common weapon attack style used in PvP (whips.)

Also, it adds a 10% bonus to the max damage. When I see people in BH using Ranged Void Knight, they most often use a Dbow Spec and the extra damage comes in handy.

What it does lack, though, is accuracy. Void Knight has a +0 Ranged Attack bonus (+ whatever bow you use) while Black D'hide has +65 (+ whatever bow.)

I don't use my Ranged Knight in training very often because it will miss a lot more than Black D'hide because of the lack of Ranged Attack bonus, and the 10% increase to the Ranged Attack bonus still isn't enough to compare to Black D'hide.

Void Knight also provides convenience. I mostly use my Ranged Void in FoG where all I have to do is switch my helmet and weapon to change my attack style. If you tried to carry all 3 points of the combat triangle with different items, you would be carrying 3 whole sets of different armour.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

As you can see, the defenses are pretty much equally matched. Not only that, but Void Knight exceeds Black D'hide in slash, which is a most common weapon attack style used in PvP (whips.)

Also, it adds a 10% bonus to the max damage. When I see people in BH using Ranged Void Knight, they most often use a Dbow Spec and the extra damage comes in handy.

You are forgetting that not only does void armor include a helm (so you really do have to include the coif in comparison.), but basically no one uses blk dhide vamps (except in Bh obviously). They use barrows gloves and a melee helm (d med or neitiznot helm). The defenses go +100 on all melee defenses with these slots. The n helm gives no -mage defense and barrows give +6. Dhide body and chaps + b gloves and n helm > void armor. And even excluding barrows gloves, the melee defense is still much greater. And yes, adding +8 damage is very nice ::'

Void Knight also provides convenience. I mostly use my Ranged Void in FoG where all I have to do is switch my helmet and weapon to change my attack style. If you tried to carry all 3 points of the combat triangle with different items, you would be carrying 3 whole sets of different armour.

In a death match you would probably be dead because of the armor's lack of defense. And it would be better to just bring the mage helm and a whip + def to mage/melee instead of both mage and melee helm. Same thing with a range/mage hybrid. But the convenience does have its situations (like FoG and castle wars if they allowed helms.)

I'll have to disagree with some of your points.

Use of salve(e) is quite limited it should not be presented as a argument at all. For sure Black masks and Salve overpower void knight melee, you can't use it for every single monster. Many people wear void knight melee for the accuracy it gives (normal armour does not provide any) which can make quite a difference even its just "10%", and when they are barely taking any damage at all or magic damage.

It is not very tactical to mage WITHOUT a safespot, so if you do use a safespot, maging with 0 or 322 def makes no difference. I have no knowledge about the increase of magic accuracy, so I wouldn't talk about that.

Ah yes, the misleading 10%, yet not true. At a base hit of 14 normally, I could hit 17 with void, that's at least 25% increase. The main range bonus comes from the weapon, which is why people still can range effective in tank, even full torags. Also, it has been proven time and again that void range exceeds armadyl in terms of exp/hr for some training methods (even chinning). Comparison of stats between both is insignificant since the difference is only single digit bonuses. In PvM defence is not important since you will be safespot ranging.

1) I'm including the salve(e) in both damages. Multiply both damages by .8 to get "general" max hits.

2) in pvp it's virtually impossible to to get a safe spot because of rangers. Then again, because void armor actually gives mage att AND range def *cough*ahrimsnorangedef*cough*, it might be more useful in these situations.

3) I believe I made a mistake in the formula of damage. Unlike melee with is +10% max hit (28 to 30), the range bonus is just +10% of your base ranged lvl. So, if you have 85 range, you are ranging with 93, which might increase your max hit by +3 ;) . Still not good at lower lvls though.