CLOSE - People misinterpretted the post... -.-

Seanthorn

Like when im playing, i have a chat with people, and we get talking about the graphics, i say I'm on fullscreen HD, they're like OMG, DON'T YOU LAG?!

I have a fast comp, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX with 4GB RAM, maybe thats why i don't get lag? =/ lol

EDIT: Well if they don't like lag, then why bother trying to play HD mode with out the recommended requiremnts? People who can't stand lag should just play normal Runescape, why do they still feel annoyed about other people playing it?? They like.. take it out on us who can. :S

3916.png

3917.png

Bit if you 'do' lag, then why bother trying HD at all? All I'm saying is, if you feel that you computer doesn't run smoothly with the HD version, then stick with then normal version. For some reason, people don't udnerstand that and still play on the HD version, hoping that the lag will eventually go! =/

3916.png

3917.png

Also because if you lag a lot in HD, you'll immediatelly notice it! - while in normal non-HD/"fullscreen" the runescape client is much less "invasioning" into your browser: so you don't really notice the lag a lot as there are other things to look at!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Who exactly is complaining about HD lagg? I don't hear people complaining about it at all. Everyone with a brain has pretty much figured not to use HD if its slow on their computer. Isn't this just wonderful, you're ranting about people who don't exist.

2480+ total

Err... just 'cos it isn't lagging for you doesn't mean it's not lagging for them rofl, are you really that short sighted? Other people just have slower internet connection and/or worse graphics cards etc on their computers than you so it's lags for them. I know it certainly does for me, but I have a crummy computer, so there we go lol.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Topic summary:

OP: Why does peeps lag on HD lolz they not hav 1337 comp leik me.

Every poster with half a brain: Some people don't have great computers and internet connections therefor they lag. This should be common sense.

Sorry couldn't hold back.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

honestly, i understand how some people on really old desktops or old cheap laptops lag on hd, but i've said it on here before, i'm on a $500 toshiba laptop and i only lag when i go to the GE on populated servers. and my computer is FAR from good and handles hd fairly well. even with all the options turned on (except anti aliasing, i dont have a dedicated graphics card) i dont lag much if at all

Like when im playing, i have a chat with people, and we get talking about the graphics, i say I'm on fullscreen HD, they're like OMG, DON'T YOU LAG?!

I have a fast comp, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX with 4GB RAM, maybe thats why i don't get lag? =/ lol

EDIT: Well if they don't like lag, then why bother trying to play HD mode with out the recommended requiremnts? People who can't stand lag should just play normal Runescape, why do they still feel annoyed about other people playing it?? They like.. take it out on us who can. :S

Is this really worthy of being a thread..? Take it to rants. :shame:

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

that actually sums it up well, why you DO NOT lag. Some people, i am not sure if I am one of them, i assume i am tho. Have integrated graphics card, that cause your RAM to be used by because of the graphics you are trying to display. Hence, more RAM useage when better graphics come alone from say, this site then back to RS, and HDRS.

TRYING: keyword here...

ever had an argument "i can do anything you can do, better." ? this is alot of childrens mentalities, [cabbage] im still like that.

They like.. take it out on us who can.

well, I am SOOOOOOOOO SURE YOU TAKE SO MUCH GRIEF from people who can't play on HD.

honestly, grow up.

btw, i can play HD, I MEET the requirements, however the movements of items are not smooth. Infact if watch the screen when i goto fishing trawler the combined up/down movement with jerky animation at times makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I wonder if jagex will ever make a resizeable window for low detail, that would be really good i think.

OP: Why does peeps lag on HD lolz they not hav 1337 comp leik me.

OP: Why does peeps moan about lagg on HD lolz they dont hav to use HD if they dont hav a 1337 comp leik me.

2480+ total

I lag on HD because I use Satellite. People with Satellite tend to lag more on online games than people without and this has nothing to do with the quality of the computer or the internet provider.

Found that out thanks to WoW.

Oh, and the reason why people complain about not being able to play HD lag free, is because they meet the requirements and are being forced to play on old detail modes. Plus, there is a 95 cent increase in cost of Runescape membership, for new subscribers, in a month or so, and I believe HD caused that.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Why do they moan?

Because when you lag it interrupts whatever is that you were doing at that moment for an undefined amount of time causing your blood to boil and spill out of your nose.