Manga/Anime Discussion

Warrior_B666

That Lucky Star OVA had so many cameos that my brain went into awesome overload. Is it just going to be that one OVA?

My school has an apalling amount of manga in their library.

Anima volume 1 and 2

Aria volume 3

Fushigi Yuugi volume 4 and 12

Naruto volume 1 to 5

Ravemaster volume 1

I complain enough so I think the librarian may take in some of my suggestions \' She won't, however, remove the Naruto manga because they're in new condition and so many people take them out.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

That Lucky Star OVA had so many cameos that my brain went into awesome overload. Is it just going to be that one OVA?

My school has an apalling amount of manga in their library.

Anima volume 1 and 2

Aria volume 3

Fushigi Yuugi volume 4 and 12

Naruto volume 1 to 5

Ravemaster volume 1

I complain enough so I think the librarian may take in some of my suggestions \' She won't, however, remove the Naruto manga because they're in new condition and so many people take them out.

Naruto's awesome like that. On that note...new manga is out and nice. I swear though manga chapters are so small...especially when released every week. In the 5min it takes to read em, you get really into them and then alluva sudden they're done, and you gotta wait a whole nother week! makes me sad. :(

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Okay I just watched the first episode of Lucky Star and was kind of sitting there the whole time thinking wtf is going on I mean they had like a 10 minute discussion about food :-s though I did lol a few times so probably keep watching it :?

Also is Afro Samurai any good I've been looking at it a little bit and the fact that Samuel L Jackson is in it just sweetens the deal :lol:

lucky star gets better after episode 4

and it starts getting really properly good once they introduce all the side characters.

Okay thanks for that guess I'll definitely keep watching then :)

Btw Here's the new Melancholy of Haruhi-Chan if anyone cares about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7_80zTM3Dg

Okay I just watched the first episode of Lucky Star and was kind of sitting there the whole time thinking wtf is going on I mean they had like a 10 minute discussion about food :-s though I did lol a few times so probably keep watching it :?

Also is Afro Samurai any good I've been looking at it a little bit and the fact that Samuel L Jackson is in it just sweetens the deal :lol:

and it starts getting really properly good once they introduce all the side characters.

Btw Here's the new Melancholy of Haruhi-Chan if anyone cares about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7_80zTM3Dg

The Haruhi-chan is boring until you see the sheep counting.

I was disappointed of the upcoming 2nd season of the series was an actual re-airing of the first season.

{For those who haven't seen the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya *and* Lucky Star, I suggest you watch the Haruhi series before the Lucky Star. All the jokes are related to the previous series in every episodes.}

The only new stuff I'll look forward in the spring will be FMA.

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...

I just finished through watching Berserk. Start to finish in just a couple days; damn, it was addicting. I found the ending to be rather... abrupt, I think would be the correct word choice. Even though it was aired nearly a decade ago, damn, this anime is something else.

[hide="Berserk" - Possible Spoilers]What exactly happens at the end with Griffith? He becomes reborn, the armor he wears is back, but it's red now. In the first episode it shows Guts attempting to fight him but he seems rather to be an illusion of some sort, does the story continue in the Manga; and how much does the anime skip out on?

How did Guts escape the ceremony with Griffith at the end, and is Caska alive too?

Damn, the ending lost me. #-o[/hide]

[hide=quotes]

The Haruhi-chan is boring until you see the sheep counting.

I was disappointed of the upcoming 2nd season of the series was an actual re-airing of the first season.

{For those who haven't seen the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya *and* Lucky Star, I suggest you watch the Haruhi series before the Lucky Star. All the jokes are related to the previous series in every episodes.}

The only new stuff I'll look forward in the spring will be FMA.

[/hide]

Oh, I get it! Since Lucky Star always did parodies of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, now MHS is doing a parody of Lucky Star?

Lucky Star sort of reminds me of my life. lol (I tend to procrastinate and play video games when I should be doing my homework.)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I just finished through watching Berserk. Start to finish in just a couple days; damn, it was addicting. I found the ending to be rather... abrupt, I think would be the correct word choice. Even though it was aired nearly a decade ago, damn, this anime is something else.

[hide="Berserk" - Possible Spoilers]What exactly happens at the end with Griffith? He becomes reborn, the armor he wears is back, but it's red now. In the first episode it shows Guts attempting to fight him but he seems rather to be an illusion of some sort, does the story continue in the Manga; and how much does the anime skip out on?

How did Guts escape the ceremony with Griffith at the end, and is Caska alive too?

[hide="Berserk" - Definite Spoilers]I've read most of the manga, and only seen parts of the anime. Guts and Caska do survive, but Caska has a mental breakdown after being raped by Griffith during his ascension to becoming the fifth God Hand, Femto. I think she recovers sometime after volume 25, which is as far as I've gotten. They were both saved by Skull Knight who's rumored to be a king from a thousand years previous in history (he consumes each behelit he finds, somehow making him more powerful against the God Hand).

The Band of the Hawk is absolutely obliterated except for Pippin, who wasn't around when it happened. Pippin and Caska stay with a hermit/blacksmith Guts met sometime previously; this is also where Guts gets all his tricked out demonslayer gear like his mechanical hand/cannon and a new six/seven foot sword. Then he leaves to go slay demons. Because there's an old elf home (abandoned) nearby to the blacksmith's cottage, Caska can stay there and her mark won't attract demons.

Later, Kentaro Miura introduces a brand of crusader knights which is apparently closely related to the Roman Catholic Church. Guts has a run in with them and their hunt to exterminate the upheaval of demonic activity and witchcraft in the Middle Kingdom. Caska also gets involved, and at some point Griffith returns disguised in his old form to gather new followers and conquer the world.

That's the center concept of the manga as far as I've gotten in it. Guts picks up quite a few companions along the way, so about where I am now they've got a group of 6-8 people traipsing around slaying demons. The original arc (volumes 1-13) were the best IMO, but the rest isn't too bad either.[/hide]

eregion2dt7.gif

[hide="Berserk" - Definite Spoilers]I've read most of the manga, and only seen parts of the anime. Guts and Caska do survive, but Caska has a mental breakdown after being raped by Griffith during his ascension to becoming the fifth God Hand, Femto. I think she recovers sometime after volume 25, which is as far as I've gotten. They were both saved by Skull Knight who's rumored to be a king from a thousand years previous in history (he consumes each behelit he finds, somehow making him more powerful against the God Hand).

The Band of the Hawk is absolutely obliterated except for Pippin, who wasn't around when it happened. Pippin and Caska stay with a hermit/blacksmith Guts met sometime previously; this is also where Guts gets all his tricked out demonslayer gear like his mechanical hand/cannon and a new six/seven foot sword. Then he leaves to go slay demons. Because there's an old elf home (abandoned) nearby to the blacksmith's cottage, Caska can stay there and her mark won't attract demons.

Later, Kentaro Miura introduces a brand of crusader knights which is apparently closely related to the Roman Catholic Church. Guts has a run in with them and their hunt to exterminate the upheaval of demonic activity and witchcraft in the Middle Kingdom. Caska also gets involved, and at some point Griffith returns disguised in his old form to gather new followers and conquer the world.

That's the center concept of the manga as far as I've gotten in it. Guts picks up quite a few companions along the way, so about where I am now they've got a group of 6-8 people traipsing around slaying demons. The original arc (volumes 1-13) were the best IMO, but the rest isn't too bad either.[/hide]

Sounds pretty good, I'll definitely have to try and find some of the Manga online. Thanks for a brief outlook on what to expect too, much appreciated. ::'

Dude, I'm in Wolverhampton right now and walk into this shop called 'Forbidden Planet.' Walk around for a while, look at various media and [cabbage] and then all of a sudden BAM. I hit the anime section. Not a crappy tucked away section like HMVs but shelves and shelves of dvds, mangas, yuri (<3), yaoi and figurines.

I've never heard of this place before so I was in awe until my cousin dragged me off for some girly shopping and didn't get a good look at what there were.

I wanna' get some Nanoha figurines and make up my own 6th division unit :P Then buy some Final Fantasy figurines just because I'm a fangirl and probably sneak in some Yuri.

I saw that I had £200 in my bank account so I'm allowed to go trigger happy with the money :P

Just going to ask what Mangas I should definetely get. Like name a few must haves.

Any love for Nodame Cantabile here?

That's based around music right? Should I watch it? I don't know if I should spend my time watching the two seasons :P Sell it to me in a few words.

Also, the latest episode of Toradora! I totally predicted what was going to happen haha. Just waiting for episode 20 to be subbed now...

rc1tzc.png

They took down a helicopter with a torpedo! AHMAGAWD!!!

black lagoon is AWESOME.

Yeah, the torpedo in his face was an awesome move. Black Lagoon remains good with the upcoming 3rd season as well.

[hide=Black Lagoon Spoilers]There will be more Termi-maid-tor. Roberta will go nuts.[/hide]

The series was worth it to watch and to read.

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...

\' I'm kinda happy today, new naruto...finally saw Nagato...he looks nasty as hell. Go read it. IMO, it's about time that dude died, he's crazy!

Dpattle.png[hide=]

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Lol, I bought Negima 1 - 6, Nodame Cantabile 1 and Cowboy Bebop 1 - 2.

I would have got more volumes if they were there :( But oh well.

Also bought Cloud and Vincent figurines. Spent £103 overall, not bad, not bad. There's a shop in Leeds so I'm gonna' get the rest of Nodame Cantabile and Cowboy Bebop there. Negima is in Waterstones so that's cool.

I'm scared of reading Negima at sixth form because of naked gurls.

rc1tzc.png

I'm scared of reading Negima at sixth form because of naked gurls.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ?? -.- ;)

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Lol dpattle, there's a bath scene :P and the manga is 16+.

This is what I watch everyday:

I love you Cirno!

rc1tzc.png

This is what I watch (and listen) to every day. :P

[yt]hUVdA9ABzpg[/yt]

I know Air Man is easy on Mega Man 2, but on Rockman 2 I heard Air Man was impossible.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

But you are forgiven because the song is part of the Kumikyoku Nico Nico Douga.

So is this one. Dr. Wily Stage 1 for the win. :D

[yt]IfzXJxbGEWc[/yt]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0