Natures and Runecrafting.

Inuashakent

Yea its terrible i just got my runecrafting to 44 so i could make some money and know i can barely make any compared to what i would have made a year ago ... i guess i should've thought of making money sooner #-o

T_K_A_M_B_.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 800k an hour?!

Try any other skill and tell me how much you make an hour.

Why are you comparing it to a skill?

Because its a skill? Why would I compare it to monster hunting...

If you were to train for 91 rc you would understand the repetative work that goes into it without ZMI and well its was such a good milestone 91 now its getting less worthwhile everyday

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I wouldn't blame 'the graahk' for this: sure it made the rune price drop a bit more: but it apparantly made also rcing a bit faster (still I doubt 3k is possible: I've timed everything since I turned 54 rc -now I'm halfway 89 rc- and I only get around 2k an hour, that's with the "traditional" abbys runecrafting though)..

The main thing I blame is the removal of wilderness: formerly people were (not that there was any reason for...) afraid of pkers: sure you would die quite a few times.. However in the end you made more back. (people still don't get that: they think that if they can die it's always worse, but you should just take the chance to die into consideration when determining profits)..

Now suddenly since the wilderness removal people started to runecraft... a lot! Ever since then the price of all runes were bound to fall (and the price of essence to rise).

It's just that the best barrier (people were afraid of dieing) is removed from the skill. Now everybody "can" do it!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I stopped reading about halfway through this thread so someone else may have already mentioned this, but the price difference is a result of the guild, but not the death of runecrafting profits.

Right now, there are a lot of people doing RC trying to get to 50 to get access to the guild. They want to try out the new game and they've heard how profitable the essence can be from it when you're winning. On your way to 50, you can start crafting Nats at 44. This means the majority of players who are RCing right now are probably buying their essence and selling their nats for 6 levels worth. (45,684 xp) As a result, a lot of players are making somewhere in the area of 5000 nats (9xp per essence) to get access to the guild. Sooooo because everyone wants to do it fast and profit they buy the essence on the GE (prices high because theres more demand even though you can get hundreds of essence as a reward in the game) and then sell their nats so they can either afford to buy more essence or just because they didn't need the 5k nats they just made.

So I'd guess probably in about a month this will wither off. Nats will go back up and essence will drop.

KingJD36.png

Times change, if 91+ RC isn't as profitable as before then people shouldn't do it for money should they? Prices of various things are dropping currently, and the price of raw materials is hiking. It doesn't take a genius to work out skilling and profit might not go hand-in-hand anymore. So what if GWD is the only means of making quick cash now? Unless you are really lucky it won't be like you're getting 200m a week..

Before I took a year long break nats were something like 330gp per... I'm not gonna dissect this but let's just say i'm not surprised they've dropped so steadily over the past year. It'll be interesting to see how it continues though.

sig3bh7.png

What's scary is that I sold some of the natures I crafted (5k of them), I tried to sell them high and they could not sell, same with med, but they bought instantly at low. Low sadly is 205 gp each, so 5 gp until it breaks the 200 mark. :?

I tried buying natures at max, no one would sell, same with med. But people were plenty willing to sell them at lowest price possible.

Mr_Smarty_1.png

I'm sorry but where did you pull 800k an hour from? You said at 91 he can craft 3000 essence an hour if he is fast...

3000 x 2 = 6000 nats

160 per ess and 230 for nats = 70 gp profit per nat

70 x 6000 = 420000gp

and as others in the thread have said you will rarely get 230 per nat.

I'm sorry but where did you pull 800k an hour from? You said at 91 he can craft 3000 essence an hour if he is fast...

3000 x 2 = 6000 nats

160 per ess and 230 for nats = 70 gp profit per nat

70 x 6000 = 420000gp

and as others in the thread have said you will rarely get 230 per nat.

You get 2 nature per 1 pure essence, not 2 for 2.

I edited the prices because you can't sell nats for mid.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I miss the 1.2m profit per hour :(.

Ah well, it'll still be profitable, but the lower profits will give me a reason to train other skills for money, rather than thinking "If I spent that much time Runecrafting instead I'd make this amount of money", etc.

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

rc guild is ruining rc. even though there has been over 30m p ess sold on g/e (up about 11m since rc guild came out), the price hasnt drop drastically. (also, why are laws dropping?)

i blame many factors:

1. assisters helping 2x and therefore putting more nats into the economy

2. rc guild giving p ess as a reward wayyyyy to easily

3. p ess prices are wayyy to high, thanks to g/e

4. graahks/altar tabs make rc too fast and too easy, and rc is not to meant to be a fast and easy skill. you cant make money by doing virtually nothing, thats not how it works

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

oops srry my browser was lagging so i guess i posted this twice

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I blame RWT and Jagex's actions.

The amount of alchers has gone from thousands of pures plus a million main accounts to afew hundred thousand main accounts - much less demand because of the removal of PKing and the GE restrictions.

I am at a loss why Jagex has not yet merged the types of essence; certain GE precautions would have to be taken, but it is doable. They originally split them to 1) reduce the amount of bots mining but really 2) make money off p2p bots. The price of essence went from around 40 gp each to 20/160.

Merging the essences would end in a price of about 60 each and the addition of PKing will drive the nature prices up. Just be patient.

2496 Completionist

double astrals, double cosmics, deaths, laws, nats, bloods. rcers have it good.

As for grahks, " a first resort" with unlimited energy is a much bigger factor imo.that works for all the other ways of rcing as well for fastest results.

green drags are an easy 500k an hour with games necklaces teleing to bh, using a spirit terrorbird. that's also revenant free 100% guaranteed.

can't wait for new pvp. that might give a reason for earning money again :P, or earning money having fun again.

I blame RWT and Jagex's actions.

The amount of alchers has gone from thousands of pures plus a million main accounts to afew hundred thousand main accounts - much less demand because of the removal of PKing and the GE restrictions.

I am at a loss why Jagex has not yet merged the types of essence; certain GE precautions would have to be taken, but it is doable. They originally split them to 1) reduce the amount of bots mining but really 2) make money off p2p bots. The price of essence went from around 40 gp each to 20/160.

Merging the essences would end in a price of about 60 each and the addition of PKing will drive the nature prices up. Just be patient.

I have to say I agree, there really is no need for the divide between essence, since the removal of free trading, auto'ers have gone. I've only ever RC'ed about 5k nats, and found it pretty pointless. I could have made much more money via other skills. Runecrafting isn't all that it used to be, but will undoubtably be back to normal again soon. I haven't tried the RC guild, and I'm not sure exactly how it works so I can't comment there. For now, I'll stick to hunter as a source of income! :D

I've got a great idea for the runecraftng skill, mining your own ess... That update would pwn

:o

Were you attempting to be funny? Cause Fozzy Bear does better on a regular basis. The reason why RC'ers don't want to mine ess is because 1. it doesn't give runecraft exp and 2. you're not actually making more money, due to cost effectiveness.

Although, looking at natures compared to Pure essence, one could make more mining ess than runecrafting. At least until you hit laws... But that is only if the law running is faster than mining in Varrock.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Wow, nature runecrafting is suddenly coming back to life. Pure ess just dropped 7 gp on the exchange and nats rose by 5. But it's even better than that. Pure ess is selling a min price of 133 and nats won't sell at anything but max, 238. Looks like double nat crafting is back up to over 1m an hour at top speed. :thumbsup:

I've got a great idea for the runecraftng skill, mining your own ess... That update would pwn

:o

I'm pretty sure that single nats are still better gp/hour than mining pure ess.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Wow, nature runecrafting is suddenly coming back to life. Pure ess just dropped 7 gp on the exchange and nats rose by 5. But it's even better than that. Pure ess is selling a min price of 133 and nats won't sell at anything but max, 238. Looks like double nat crafting is back up to over 1m an hour at top speed. :thumbsup:

And I still have like 5 days till 91. :(

:wall:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

And I just hit 98 rc with college starting in 6 days. :wall:

I'm glad nats are going up, though.

Update: Nats rose by +10 and pure ess dropped by -6. I doubt this can continue for very long; it'll probably drop off at like 260ish per nat and stay around ~120 for pure ess. Just a guess.

And I just hit 98 rc with college starting in 6 days. :wall:

I'm glad nats are going up, though.

Update: Nats rose by +10 and pure ess dropped by -6. I doubt this can continue for very long; it'll probably drop off at like 260ish per nat and stay around ~120 for pure ess. Just a guess.

Ooo, good luck, you and RSW where both my inspirations. I was going to start here in a few weeks, but since it's an international program, I can start in Jan as well. Which is the date I choose since it would seem pretty illogical to start right after I had moved, and then move again. :?

hopesolopatriot.jpg