22 August 2008 - Jagex Store - Official Launch!

@Dan3HitU

I would never wear a runescape T-shirt at school.

The WOW-fanboys would kill me :D .

rofl....that made me chuckle :lol:

I ordered an RS T-Shirt for my dog aswell as myself so we can advertise a game that noone when outside of their house likes when we go for walkies.

Yeah..

"And today in the news, a gamer from a popular game, RuneScape, and his dog have been killed while going for a walk. Police say that they were killed by a group of small children wielding crayons, and calling them 'no lifers'."

This one made me smile and laugh inside :lol: :lol: :lol:

On topic even though some people might like wearing or using things like this: if Terrorists asked me if they should scare Jagex Crew Totally (With false bombs), id say "Go for it..., and make it for 5 months =D> "

I mean, come on! How lame can you get?

It's one thing adverting on net, but another intefering with peoples life.

I can imagen this

* Next time on Jagex Store! Brand New "Antifire" Perfume!!!!"

This dosen't work.

Few people would buy products and if they did: the products would not do what they had in mind:

Which is :

1: Earn cash from the sale

2: Advertise...

But then again people aren't that stupid.

But a mug is nice to have (But i doubt any1 would buy one lol, when they can just go to Town and get one lol.)

Please let me know what you think about my oppion

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. That merchandise is... not good. The mouse looks incredibly uncomfortable, the mouse pads are more expensive than need be, and I'll buy a Trogdor Hoodie LONG before I get any Runescape brand clothing.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Oh, and one more thing, F2P probably won't even have the cash to buy anything on the store. Think about it- someone who's mom won't pony up five bucks a month won't be willing to fork over 20 dollars so their son can buy a Runescape themed t-shirt.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

l0l

jagexshop.jpg

I challenge someone to contact them :D

Lol, in other words:

"Yes, we are aware about that stuff, but we are not telling you where they are made because we fear people won't buy them from us."

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

I don't know... To me it seems that the clothing brand is illegal, it costs loads to create your own brand, why didn't they just use "Fruit Of The Loom" like most bands generally do?

They'd of saved a hell of a lot of money.

Yeah I'd buy the dragon slayer T-shirt if it didn't have RS plastered all over it. BUT WHERE ARE THOSE HOLIDAY ITEMS? WE WANT HOLIDAY ITEMS!!!!!!

Want a holiday item? Buy a christmas cracker, and find some RL friends to pull it with :thumbsup: you'll both get a partyhat and can revel in geekish delight for several hours /offtopic.

I think the shirts and hoodies in the store are ok, but I'd never buy them simply because I don't like clothes with advertisements on them. The RS Mouse and Mousepads sound interesting, but I think the RS Mug was a last minute attempt to incorporate any customers that aren't under the age of 25 :-#

Tbh, they would maybe have had a bit more success if they had brought out some figurines, maybe? People can by them for display, and none of their RL contacts need to know they own them :thumbsup: .

Maybe even partner up with Lego or something for the younger kids :ohnoes: so they can recreate the most dangerous of battles .

Amazing that everyone is saying what a stupid idea, before saying "Well I might pick up one of those..."

I don't waste my money, that's just me, but don't go around saying that anyone who buys this stuff will get assulted while going to buy some yourself.

Jagex are smart people, they arn't going to invest all this money in manufacturing a bunch of products if they think anyone who buys them will get rolled.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

I may buy a shirt in a few years and wear it for the lulz (I think I may get a shirt from every Major MMORPG, and maybe a trogdor sweatshirt <3). But probably only when I'm a senior so I don't have to transfer schools. *Of course I could get it now and just wear it when I'm mowing with pride*.

But I probably won't buy anything else. My kitty mouse pad shall be my computer buddy for life. And it looks like the mouse would give me carpal tunnel at an even faster rate. The mug? Maybe.

Shaniqua.png

if i had't just bought a mouse i would buy one from jagex :D

ps. hai guys 2 weeks since i was here last. i shaking like a drugadict :lol: (i know drugs aint funny -.- )

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

• [*:5228haj4]T-shirts - lol, who would wear a RuneScape shirt?

[*:5228haj4]Hoodies - lol, who would wear a RuneScape hoodie?

[*:5228haj4]Mousemats - lol, I can get a mousemat that works just as well for less money

[*:5228haj4]A wireless optical mouse - lol, it's funny looking

[*:5228haj4]Mugs - lol, such a difficult dilemma, should I buy a month's membership or a mug?

In short, my opinion on the Jagex store is simply "lol".

I wonder if the TCG will be any fun... :P

MSSW4TI.png

Well atleast it helps us to not pay up to $15 a month for membership :) I won't be needing anything from the Jagex Shop, but I would want a runescape hoodie to wear in a foreign country to see how many people know what it is :P

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

Wow, runescape clothing is a very bad idea, not only they look expensive but a freaky normal t-shirt with just "Runescape" on the front?

They should sell some toys or figures to collect, that would be nice, like for example from the Barrow Brothers, not action figures, but those toys for collector, i dont know the name. ::'

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

It's sad to me that everyone here thinks they are too cool to / would destory their reputation by wearing a Runescape shirt. Maybe that tells you something about the company you keep. All false pretenses, hmm? I'm glad that I have friends in real life who don't care or judge me for playing a MMORPG sometimes.

I would buy a RS shirt if they came in womens/fitted sizes. The logo wouldn't matter to me but wearing a potato sack would.

It's sad to me that everyone here thinks they are too cool to / would destory their reputation by wearing a Runescape shirt. Maybe that tells you something about the company you keep. All false pretenses, hmm? I'm glad that I have friends in real life who don't care or judge me for playing a MMORPG sometimes.

I would buy a RS shirt if they came in womens/fitted sizes. The logo wouldn't matter to me but wearing a potato sack would.

A hoodie is commonly associated with chavs, gangsters and the like. Imagine walking around town with a hoodie saying "Runescape"... Runescape is commonly associated with nerd, fail, and "The game which Andrew Gower created whilst [bleep] to Animal Rescue"...

In other words, your reputation would go downhill to people who disaprove of Runescape. I know lots of people who joke about Runescape, and seeing some guy walking around with a Runescape shirt would crack them up.

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

I don't really plan on buying anything, 'cept maybe the mouse pad. Like already stated, cannot be seen in public with anything Runescape related, it just isn't sociable acceptable in High School lol. :D

I don't know if this has been stated yet, as I didn't read every comment, but I personally think that a GREAT product would be a Runescape modified keyboard. I know that other games have done something like this where they make a regular keyboard, which has a theme to whatever game it is, and then like a little attachment thingy with all sorts of helpful hotkeys and such. This would be cool in my opinion because little buttons like, run, inventory, etc., would be nice and helpful (Also it would be Runescape themed, so it would look nice too... :thumbsup:)

Big_Stingman.png

I wouldn't wear/buy anything with any type of game name on; it would be really embarrassing and my gangster self + friends would lose big reputation.. :|

Its just yet another attempt from Jagex to make a bit more money. I reckon that maybe 0.05% of RS may buy something.. if that.

Remadin.

Please visit our forums !! Click the link!!

Register; and get posting!

CLICK! ---> http://dantay800.com/forum1/index.php <---CLICK!

it would be really embarrassing and my gangster self + friends would lose big reputation.. :|

Remadin.

Oh, fo'shizzle! Stay true to your gangster roots. :roll:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

A hoodie is commonly associated with chavs, gangsters and the like. Imagine walking around town with a hoodie saying "Runescape"... Runescape is commonly associated with nerd, fail, and "The game which Andrew Gower created whilst [bleep] to Animal Rescue"...

In other words, your reputation would go downhill to people who disaprove of Runescape. I know lots of people who joke about Runescape, and seeing some guy walking around with a Runescape shirt would crack them up.

So I guess everybody in my school, both middle and high, are gangsters? I know a lot of people, including myself, who wear hoodies because they are comfortable and warm. Not everybody is a gangster.

If I had the money, I would actually buy the hoodie or shirt. Nobody at my school gives a crap if somebody plays RS or not. It's just another MMORPG on the internet. Sure, there is the occasional bully, but I don't give a crap what they think of me.

Point: Don't care what people think about what you wear, think about if you like the game or not.

Plus, the book is really good, XD.