Theme Parks

Leoo

I don't know one person on TIF who is a theme park enthusiast. I am, I just love theme parks! There aren't many massive ones here in the England like there are in the America, but I have been to Cedar Point, Universal Studios and Six Flags and some european parks like Disneyland Paris and Europa Park.

I live next to a little thrilling park called Thorpe Park, just outside London. I go there often and I also visit Chessington World of Adventures and Alton Towers over the year.

What are you favourite theme parks/rides and what do you love about them. What do you plan on going in the furture? Discuss your experiences here or just generally discuss theme parks.

I like theme parks as well. Roller coasters are of course my favorite part of theme parks. I plan on going to Cedar Point to ride the Top Thrill Dragster someday.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I absolutely love Cedar Point, besides that I've only been to Michigan's Adventure. I love all the rides at Cedar Point and I go once a year, but I have not caught a ride on the Maverick yet :cry: I saw some friends that go to my school there that day and I went on the Top Thrill Dragster for the first time with them, so that was neat.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

Give me season passes and put in front of the line at every ride. Once you can do that, we'll talk ;) .

Overpriced tickets and 30minute waits for rides keep me from being an enthusiast.

30 minute waits? Psh :P , I waited a good 1.5 hours each for the larger rides at Cedar Point, and it can get up to 4 hours for those devoted riders. But then again, I went in August, but it was a Monday. They used to have line passes where you could cut in line at a later time but they took it out. Also the funny thing is that a season pass pays for itself in 3-4 trips.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I don't go to many themeparks anymore.. Last time I did, I got whiplash. :twss:

I just like a ride on a wooden coaster now and then. Good enough for me. ::'

I remember last time I went to six flags there was this one ride that shot people off hella fast and people would be talking with their heads not against the headrest. When it shot off their heads snapped against it and when they came by the second time I could see them rubbing their necks :lol:

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Tbfgraphx14, you obviously went on the wrong day. I live about 45 minutes from ceder point, and I go there several times a year. We go there is never more then a ~15 minute line for any particular ride, even the huge ones like the top thrill dragster.

In general, I have always liked roller coasters. Living so near to the best park in the world for that has been convenient, but it kinda spoils it when you go to any other parks. I have visited several other theme parks and it's just boring in comparison.

i like theme parks i just dont like the crowds there and wierd ppl. no offense but dont u always see wierd ppl in theme parks.

i like going when nobody is there. like when there is rain and the rides still operate but nobody is there.

everyone is weird.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Practically the only theme park in New Zealand is Rainbows End. It's rather small for that matter. Went to the Aussie Gold Coast when I was 9 and went to Dreamworld and Movieworld. Thoroughly enjoyed Dreamworld. Didn't go on many rides at Movieworld. The Pokémon section there was cool tho. :D

Disconformity.png

Practically the only theme park in New Zealand is Rainbows End. It's rather small for that matter. Went to the Aussie Gold Coast when I was 9 and went to Dreamworld and Movieworld. Thoroughly enjoyed Dreamworld. Didn't go on many rides at Movieworld. The Pokémon section there was cool tho. :D

I live in New Zealand as well. And rainbows end is cruddy. Small, and expensive. I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast. Last time I went was when i was 10. I do have most of the roller coaster tycoon games though :wall:

lampost_sig_stark.png

I freaking hate roller coasters! I've never gone on anything bigger than those little kiddie ones where the minimum height is 10cm.

BUT! Ever since I've gone bungy jumping, I've wanted to go on a few roller coasters - bungy jumping has somewhat eliminated my extreme fear of heights.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I love them, but my parents don't so I only go to them now and again with friends. That said I went to Disneyland Paris at young age and just remembered it being so special and magical, and went to the one in California slightly more recently and thought the same. I'm a complete sucker for Disney, it's easy to be cynical but I think they're such amazing places and if you just let yourself get carried away in it it's great fun.

I've only been to Ligh[bleep]er Valley (mediocre apart from The Ultimate) and Alton Towers in England. Alton Towers was great fun despite the rain, Oblivion was pretty intense for a first ride there and Nemesis was probably my favourite.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I live in Florida and have never been to a theme park and it would only take me about 30 minutes to get to one. But you guys live like hours from them and love going to them...I am confused.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008

I live in Florida and have never been to a theme park and it would only take me about 30 minutes to get to one. But you guys live like hours from them and love going to them...I am confused.

Simple human psychology. You're easily able to go to it at any time, so it doesn't seem as special. The rest of us have to pay out the [wagon] in both money and mileage in order to go, so it's very special. Of course, there's always a few exceptions, but most of humanity follows this trend. That said, I live a fairly short drive from 2 theme parks (Kennywood and Idlewild/Soak Zone), but I still love them. I would flip my lid if I got the chance to check out everything in every theme park worldwide. \' :thumbsup: :D

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I like theme parks and water parks =)

Has anyone ever been to Noah's Ark in Wisconsin? Its the worlds biggest water park and it is amazing! \'

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Simple human psychology. You're easily able to go to it at any time, so it doesn't seem as special. The rest of us have to pay out the [wagon] in both money and mileage in order to go, so it's very special. Of course, there's always a few exceptions, but most of humanity follows this trend. That said, I live a fairly short drive from 2 theme parks (Kennywood and Idlewild/Soak Zone), but I still love them. I would flip my lid if I got the chance to check out everything in every theme park worldwide. \' :thumbsup: :D

Makes sense, I see that happen a lot with my friends that live in other states.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008