Granite is going up.

Mr_Recci

You probaly have seen it Granite have gone up

Change in price:

7 Days: +117,455.5% 30 Days: !!!!+176,233.3% !!!!!

But why!? only for summoning? I just went to the Quarry for a fallen star. There were like 50 people mining it!

Discuss

recci-518.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's how it is:

At first, granite was only worth something when it was 500g.

Then Jagex gives us the ability to cut down chunks of granite, therefore a 5KG chunk will be worth 10 times 500g. So the price of a larger chunk has to go up, it's common sense.

Actually, granite as a whole will not go up but down because it's so much easier to get large quantities of it.

Noble_Skull.gif

Proud member of The Slayer's Guild

WHAT? We now have the ability to Chisel large blocks of Granite into 500g pieces :shock:? I tried that back in April or so after the Summoning update when I couldn't buy Granite 500g on the GE and had to mine my own.

Edit: Looks like I missed the part about it, and about the new way to make 4 dose potions. That's what I get for just skimming updates.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

It didn't really go up.. well it did, but in a way it didn't.

Think if they added 6-dose potions, they'd have to make them double the cost of 3 dose potions because you could add two 3 dose potions for a 6 dose. They basically did something similiar here. 5kg granite is roughly 10x the cost of 500g, because you can make 10 lots of 500g granites from it.

I kind of lost my point while pointing out the obvious, but oh well.

If anything this will make it go down, since you won't need to drop the ones that aren't 500g

I didn't read any of the other posts before this, but still

I think granite is now gonna be a new junk...because of the new uptade granite is worth not even close to what it once was. also the rise u saw is a jagex changing it...its not possible for players to make any price go up that high lolz.

You're right there. However, I think they'll be bought often enough to make them go down, so they wont last very long as junk.

Because you can now break the granite into smaller chunks...it was announced....

Ok here's how it is:

Then Jagex gives us the ability to cut down chunks of granite, therefore a 5KG chunk will be worth 10 times 500g. So the price of a larger chunk has to go up, it's common sense.

Actually, granite as a whole will not go up but down because it's so much easier to get large quantities of it.

Thats wrong because the granite prices have been steadily going up the 2 weeks before this update so it seems to me to be Jagex raising the prices, so people didn't see the update and try to buy all the big chunks for a small amount of cash and then wait until after peak times and make a huge profit.

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08

Ok here's how it is:

Thats wrong because the granite prices have been steadily going up the 2 weeks before this update so it seems to me to be Jagex raising the prices, so people didn't see the update and try to buy all the big chunks for a small amount of cash and then wait until after peak times and make a huge profit.

How does that disagree with the first quote at all? You explained why the price was artificially raised, while the first quote explains it in a different way then states that 500g granite will go down.

2496 Completionist

Ok here's how it is:

Why don't you just read what I typed before replying. Just like the rest of us do.

Noble_Skull.gif

Proud member of The Slayer's Guild

guess who likes collecting random junk and has bought 7.5k 5kg granite for like 100k? :thumbsup:

sold for ~15M so far and got loads left

I knew someone had done it :D Lucky.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

But whats tre whole point? what are they used for and are people buying them?

Basically used for Summoning, most people tend to make Granite Lobsters all the way to Level 85, or atleast I did.

It's now pretty much impossible to sell any of the 3 sizes of granite. Still, if they do sell, I just made 3m in two hours, which isn't too bad.

I personally see this is a great opportunity to gain a lot expensive junk fast for expensive trades, such as godswords, phats and so on.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

On a thread about cutting up granite into chunks dated 29-Aug-2008 17:35:59

I return!

I can confirm that this is something the developers intend to implement into the game soon.

Thanks for your thoughts, it's always great to get constructive feedback.

~ MMH ~

Boo hoo hoo. Stop whinging people.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12