How do you view the RSOF?

axeraider194

Do you view the RuneScape official forums as an area where the common player can have a nice, open discussion with thousands of other players, along with the occasional input from a moderator or Jagex mod?

Or, Do you look at it as a pit full of illiterate, immature, young children who can't find their way around a cardboard box, let alone RuneScape?

Or perhaps you view the RSOF as something else entirely?

I'd like to hear all of your opinions, good or bad.

In my own opinion, I believe the RSOF has always had good intentions, but over time its became something so controlled by many new rules, wannabe moderators, and English-challenged children, that it's just difficult to have a really good discussion about a certain topic without upsetting somebody(Not to mention, tons of accidental filter screw-ups can destroy a decent post). But my main quarrel with the RSOF is the wannabe moderators. You know, the kids who have no power moreso than you and I, yet talk down to us on each and every one of our threads and posts. Yes, them. There seem to be more of them on the RSOF than players nowadays, and quite frankly, that's the main reason why you see me here on Tipit, rather than there on the RSOF.

Now, about those children.

RuneScape has always been a game that has appealed to the younger aged (13-) crowd, I'm sure we're all well aware we technically need to be 13 to play Runescape. But c'mon, if somebody sees a warning that says they need to be 13, and they ACTUALLY STOP their intentions, just because of that warning. Well, I pity the person who would do that, since it means they'll probably do or believe just about anything that anybody says to them. So really, I can't blame the 8-12 year olds making accounts on RuneScape from miniclip or whatever, and managing to lie about their age when making an account.

The problem is their inability to type properly, stay on topic, or even READ what the original poster says, examples are below:

080819154918vs2.png

runescape-69.jpg

runescape-56.jpg

runescape-57.jpg

runescape-55.jpg

Enough said.

/Discuss.

axeraider194.png

My opinion is a mix between the two.

If you go to, say, future updates forum, the gulf between the players who know what they're talking about, know the rules, type in an understandable manner etc, and the seemingly illiterate ones who cannot read a simple sticky at the top is insane.

At least 3 or 4 times, every time I visit the RSOF I think: 'You [cabbage], is it not possible to read one sentance at the top of the bloody forum?' [cabbage] is normally replaced with a rather colourful word.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I think the RSOF hired most of their forum mods from the local juinor high school.

Aside from that, I believe a good majority of the posters there, know what they're talking about and are quite effective in getting Jagex to understand what the players really want.

I always ignore the whiny whiners and I know Jagex does too. However the immaturity, rudeness and child like behaviour comes on ALL forums.

There's a man up on that ledge....he's only cleaning windows.

What a shame.

Who's to blame, for the pain we're missing?

I'm gonna lean back on my wall and pray for him to fall.

c75672af73.png

deviloch.png

b4ng.gif

It all depends on the thread. If it's in them rants, I think most of the are hilarious. (BEFORE the change). But some of the ones i've seen are pretty sad... but just reading them is funny. I've read a thread that had the guy admitting he rwt'ed -.- and nice name cropping skills :thumbup: :P

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

For the first few months it was ok, you could generally pick up some useful bits of info on new updates quicker than on Tip It, since there were hundreds more people on there and most of them wanting to learn everything about an update as quickly as possible.

Now, the RSOF is just a festering hole full of infantile teenagers with an inability to type, the reading age of a 2 year old and fingers that spew sewage onto the keyboard quicker than a clogged public toilet. It's a mystery how they even learnt how to breathe, let alone abuse a computer to such a degree.

blazesigbq9.jpg

i like the rsof. tip mods are worse. it's taken some time but tip has fewer posts but more moved threads and locked threads percentagewise. a little favouritism and not very friendly to new posters. but the rs fmods are pretty bad and are usually picked for their undying enthusiasm for jagex moves even when jagex does something dumb. the tipit help and advice forum is very successful as well as the player made guides section; the rate this is reasonably ok.

i really have to say i do not care for the fmods on tip at all. if you're semi-retired or dont even play you dont belong here. simple as that imo. and at least there is some reasonable accountability from time to time on rsof. tip is getting more like rsc.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Haha the rsof are a fun place to mess around at. I posted some censor evasions, got a temp ban (on the forums), but most of them still work :D

And btw I got a jagex mod to mention my name. I'll see if I still have the screenie.

wl7w9j.png

I'm pretty sure you could post the dumbest post ever and still have people take you seriously. "I propose we add runeskates in teh game. its like a skatebord but it flies and its powered by runes. like, red runeskate have fire runes in it, and it floats and glows red, etc. its a new transportation system to walk etc agree????"

• 1 month later...

Well, the RSOF is good for finding teams for monster hunting.... But seriously, if you try making a topic about anything else, it will dissapear to the next page within the hour, because there are so many people posting...

So RSOF>Tip.It for monster hunting

Tip.It>RSOF for EVERYthing else ::'

Greene8535.png

i agree with the thread starter..it may have been made with good intentions but some people say..the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Wow :shock: I find most RSOF threads to be good, but some are just not readable at all.

I once tried to decipher someones suggestion, but in the end gave up because it made no sense whatsoever :(

At the moment I have a thread in the suggestions forum and i'm getting pretty good feedback and support so I don't think there are immature people in all forums, some are very mature :thumbup: I must say though when the rantz forum was there, I avoided it completely as it was like a mass debating session with hatred towards others flying left, right, and centre :?

2vuhgcn.png

My opinion is a mix between the two.

If you go to, say, future updates forum, the gulf between the players who know what they're talking about, know the rules, type in an understandable manner etc, and the seemingly illiterate ones who cannot read a simple sticky at the top is insane.

At least 3 or 4 times, every time I visit the RSOF I think: 'You [cabbage], is it not possible to read one sentance at the top of the bloody forum?' [cabbage] is normally replaced with a rather colourful word.

This is exactly what I think.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

RSOF is good for a few things:

* trading - I got most good deals before GE from there... and even after, although junk has ruined majority of trader's minds now

* teams for anything - pretty self-explanatory, since more people browse the official boards than TIF for example

* laughs - you can't just help be a "meanie", by laughing out all the [developmentally delayed]ed threads and comments found in nearly half of the forum space

Still, my opinion about it hasn't changed, and it's not surprisingly - negative. There are a few mature and respectful posters (~100-150) but they are dwarfed by the sheer mass of... kids with brain tumors. Looking at some threads they make, I can't help but wonder... did they fall off the operating table on birth and landed on their heads? #-o

dontfearthereaper2.png

I've seen plenty of people on TIF who can't find their way around a cardboard box.

Lol, that's true as well but RSOF is probably worse...

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

It's almost Tip.It without the pictures. Really, look around and some of the more intelligent posts are far dumber than the serious RSOF posts.

Plus, I'm sure Tip.Iters at least tend to run people they don't like off the forums. You can't really do that with the RSOF.