Corpereal beast solo with cannon + spirit shield? + message

Squisher_33

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soloing it is simply out of the question. You can't hit it often enough to keep it from healing itself. Like someone said earlier, if you eat or pot up, your cannon will STOP.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It's probably solo'able and someone will probably do it. I'm just not sure how much risk would be involved in killing it.

Yeah. Soloing, if possible, would be insanely risky/expensive/difficult, and on top of that the drops aren't worth the effort (unless you get lucky).

wl7w9j.png

Would the Keris Dagger be the weapon of choice? Weakness in the armor...reminds me of finding a [weakness] in the armor of Kalphites. Also, has anyone even attempted the Ghostly Sword on him?

Yeah that's what I thought right away too. The Keris is strong againt the Kalphites and Scarabs because it can take advantage of [racist term]s in it's chitin (armor). As I recal one of the Elder's made a [racist term] in the armor during the quest. Somehow I doubt Jagex would do that though. During contact they made it pretty clear that it was only supposed to affect Scabaras followers, Scarabs, and Kalphites

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Would the Keris Dagger be the weapon of choice? Weakness in the armor...reminds me of finding a [weakness] in the armor of Kalphites. Also, has anyone even attempted the Ghostly Sword on him?

Yeah that's what I thought right away too. The Keris is strong againt the Kalphites and Scarabs because it can take advantage of [racist term]s in it's chitin (armor). As I recal one of the Elder's made a [weakness] in the armor during the quest. Somehow I doubt Jagex would do that though. During contact they made it pretty clear that it was only supposed to affect Scabaras followers, Scarabs, and Kalphites

Besides, only crustaceans, arthropods, mollusca and insects have armours made of chitin, and the Corporeal Beast looks like its made of bone.

The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide

Don't hate me, just let me ride.

Lord, just give me life.

the beast cant hit 62 whoever was teh wise guy that said it, by my math (62 - (62 x .3) = 43ish)

thats why i said divine shield would help, i also never said it would make it easy to solo, im just saying it makes it less impossible since it solves "1 or 2" of the problems, the 2k hp part is up you, ruby bolts would be good till 300-500 hp but then you need some def ingnoring high damaging things like either diamond bolts, verac, or possibly vengeance, even with all these it will still be hard.

NOT IMPOSSIBLE -> IMPROBABLE

[hide=big image]beast5cp4.jpg[/hide]

Is it just me or is that a 62?... :^o

the beast cant hit 62 whoever was teh wise guy that said it, by my math (62 - (62 x .3) = 43ish)

thats why i said divine shield would help, i also never said it would make it easy to solo, im just saying it makes it less impossible since it solves "1 or 2" of the problems, the 2k hp part is up you, ruby bolts would be good till 300-500 hp but then you need some def ingnoring high damaging things like either diamond bolts, verac, or possibly vengeance, even with all these it will still be hard.

yes, but if you wield a devine shield it gets reduced (as shown above) to 43! - really can't you read?

Still 42 is a lot: I think it's safe to say that with the current weaponry: even the shields it's impossible to solo! - We need some more damage reducing armour and some other ways of healing/hitting a lot!

Also karambwans might be usefull to use as healing here? - since they heal 18 and can be eaten without delaying your weapn!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

yes, but if you wield a devine shield it gets reduced (as shown above) to 43! - really can't you read?

Still 42 is a lot: I think it's safe to say that with the current weaponry: even the shields it's impossible to solo! - We need some more damage reducing armour and some other ways of healing/hitting a lot!

Also karambwans might be usefull to use as healing here? - since they heal 18 and can be eaten without delaying your weapn!

Oh sorry, I haven't played rs in a while and honestly dont know anything about this update. Didn't know that those shields had anything to do with it, I thought he was just saying that because of the def bonuses it wouldn't hit as high or something...

It probably can be done, but with the insane amount of time to solo it would take and the rare chance of a good drop is it even worth soloing it? :|

If you could manage to solo it I think that speaks for itself as a reward, good drop or not.

Creator288.png2763.gif

Oh sorry, I haven't played rs in a while and honestly dont know anything about this update. Didn't know that those shields had anything to do with it, I thought he was just saying that because of the def bonuses it wouldn't hit as high or something...

Karambwans don't do that! It was disproved by a group on zybez.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Seems impossible.....

If someone actually attempts to solo, and accomplishes it, and vids it......they will officially be the god of combat in rs :lol:

Strategy would probably include a divine/elysian shield with great range gear and pots and pray, using a familiar(possibly, if you can do this without it getting eaten?) but I don't think you can because you have to run under the beast sometimes. Onyx bolts...I don't know if they heal enough, or if you can constantly do damage without stopping and having it heal to full life. There would be an insane amount of luck involved in timing, lag, and the sort. It would also take a hell of a lot of skill and a detailed method. Hmm....this is a fun idea though :)

heh, i suddenly got obsessed with this. Not that my mere 79 could do much. :lol:

Hmm, how well does magic work on the dark core and the beast itself? The idea of barraging the core has already been made, but what about the beast itself? Someone try blood barrage and ice barrage on it, and see if they do anything.

If not, then vengance with ruby (E) bolts AND onyx (E) bolts and a dark bow, along with ALOT of sweet, a cannon, and of course the spirit shield. At the start, bring a DD++ and try to posion it. Then extra 6 damage would build up over the quite possibly 3 hour fight it could become. Wear spirit shield when not using the dark bow; use the dark bow special when possible. Use Barrage on the core. Run out when you need to heal; i'm not sure it restarts or not, but i don't think so. Ruby bolts for the first part, onyx for the second. I want to see a breakthrough though, I'm fairly uncreative. >_>

The fight wouldnt last 3 hours. 28 brews + 30 more in a summon wouldnt let you tank this thing for 3 hours. And im pretty sure it will get solo'd. Everyone through gwd was impossible to solo. Someone will get really lucky and do it, i guarentee.

Also, who says armor is ineffective against it? Did jagex? I dont know because i didnt do the quest yet >_<

LOL

the beast cant hit 62 whoever was teh wise guy that said it

2nu40na.jpg

KWTHXBAI

Ps: This isnt my pic, ill go post the url for the thread with it.

are you a complete dumb### or are you just acting liek one?

DO NOT EDIT MY POSTS IN YOUR QUOTES as i said above, it doesnt hit 62 if you have shield, which if you READ THE TITLE OF MY THREAD is the key point on avoiding 62s, now tell me mr illiterate if he is wearing a divine shield? unless your blindness to reading applys to this too then no hes not

either leave my thread or learn to read (if you can even read this too)

a_final_name.png

how is the zammy spear effective against this? is it the speed/attack options? It couldnt be the special could it? honestly, if its the special... ill be amazed like crazy.

The monster is weak to STAB. I just read that. Possibly a good weapon of choice after the ruby bolts?

To all those who bring up the "GWD wasnt thought soloable"

Big differences people.

GWD Bosses have 255 hitpoints, and can all be prayed on to defeat 90% of the damage.

Now, with this one, I dont know much about it, but what Iv heard to be true is that it has 2,000 hitpoints, hits up to 65 in multiple combat types, means it CANNOT be prayed on to defeat 90% of the damage, even still, Iv heard it hits through prayer.

So, even with these new uber shields, I dont think it will be solo'd. At all. Evar. GWD is a TOTALLY different story, with TOTALLY different monsters, so, lets stop brining it up, kay? thnx.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

also the message jagex gave was "can you find a weak link in the beasts armor?" meaning i think theres a better way to go about this that could be devestating and prove soloing possible

I think that refers to the fact he's weak to stab attacks. It MIGHT mean something else but it seems to me that's the most likely answer.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

HAHAHAHA..... PLEASE! I would love to see you solo it.... Let me know, so I can come and watch your [developmentally delayed] pathetic self get absolutely destroyed.... It could 2hit KO you at any time, let alone, if it hits 60, by the time you eat 3 sharks, you would of gotten hit again for another 60 possibly. I can see one person doing maybe 50-100 damage max.

Your stats says it all, though mines arn't much higher, I've gone boss hunting before, got a bit of experience. Anyways, get a noob who has read no guides and has had NO previous encounters with Zilayana, no advice from friends either. imagine him to be lvl 120. He comes in, tries to melee her in decent (full torag, dfs and whip), after getting pwned hard by all of them, he will probably be thinking "omfg that monster is strong its impossible to solo!!!!!1!!". Kree'arra had the highest max non-jad before right? It took a while but people learned how to kill them, and WITHOUT THE UBER L33T EQUIPMENT WE HAVE NOW (aka, full bandos, GS, armadyl armour, summoning). Even though revenant jad is a huge step up and nearly unsoloable with our current equipment, it will soon be soloable once geniuses find out the methods. oh and btw, uber damaged it.

Sosolid2k

Defil3d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLDCp9- ... h_response

And this guy got very darn close (Guthans has stab apparently)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7osMd56u ... h_response

also the message jagex gave was "can you find a weak link in the beasts armor?" meaning i think theres a better way to go about this that could be devestating and prove soloing possible

I think that refers to the fact he's weak to stab attacks. It MIGHT mean something else but it seems to me that's the most likely answer.

weakness to stab seems like the answer im thinking yet it just doesnt feel....right

its only like day 3, also i think somebody has found it, on a popular thread here a person (whos name i wont reveal for spam purposes) says his friend has a far better way than ruby bolts that is secretive atm but will be made public shortly, im not going to guess his methods and waste my time, ill wait it out till he reveals or a nub leaks

a_final_name.png