Charms - Not always worth picking up?

Lets_3ekout

I've been trying to train my slayer to 85+ (83/85) and attack to 99 but lately I've been very confused about charms. I have 72 summoning and bunyip is all the healing I can find the need for in my slayer tasks. The only place where I could really make use of a unicorn is mith drags, but with piety/slayer mask I can do an assignment in one trip anyway. The point is, I'm starting to think that picking up charms every time harms your xp/hr in assignments, you wouldn't think it, but if you pick up 1-2 drops every time you kill pretty much any slayer task monster, it really seems it.

Has anyone else just left charms on the floor when you're trying to power train other skills? Perhaps it's less apparent to richer characters who can easily afford to use the charms they get?

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all you're truely worried about is training Slayer quickly, than yes not picking up charms will increase your xp rate per hour big time. You save more time in the long run if you pick up charms, so that you have them if the desire to train Summoning pops back up.

But, I fall into the category of "richer players" who have extra money to spend on Summoning. Still, I think it's worth the small bit of time for charms now, rather than "camping" for them later.

i almost always pick up charms buut if i dont have room ill leave greens but all the others are important to me

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

I haven't left one charm on the ground, its best to get them while you can, and usually they come with a drop worth picking up :)

:twisted: YoUr UnDeR ArReSt AnYtHiNg YoU SaY WiLl Be MiSqUoTeD AnD UsEd AgAiNsT YoU :twisted:

Pawan.png

I haven't left one charm on the ground, its best to get them while you can, and usually they come with a drop worth picking up :)

But if you have no need for charms in any sort of reasonable future, would you still pick them up? I've started slaying today and not picking them up and tbh it's so much more relaxing, faster, easier and more generous on your inv space.

slayermask3.png

I just leave on ground till I have to eat and then pick it up.

Ya, but if I was auto healed maybe not.

I usually never leave them though, its hard enough to level summoning.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

If your that worried about maximising your slayer xp rate than picking anything up harms your xp.

But its so minimal that unless ur a bit bonkers leaving useful/good drops behind is a bit silly.

For speed I can see not picking up 90% of herbs or burying d bones straight away to save constant banking.

But charms stack and are an absolute sod to get, so its is always always always worth picking them up.

If I get a drop of blues or crimsons (due to rarity and best for training) I make space for them right off. If I get golds or greens I pick them up once I have a space. And then since cahrms stack it has no impact on your after that

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't bother picking up gold ones.

Do you pick up green? Because that's two already who have said they pick up green but not gold, while their exp is similar but the costs for green is comparable to crimson (from what I've found at my level at least).

slayermask3.png

Do you pick up green? Because that's two already who have said they pick up green but not gold, while their exp is similar but the costs for green is comparable to crimson (from what I've found at my level at least).

gold "stops" at lv 64 though... So at higher levels gold becomes more useless than greens

I myself will always pick up alchable/stackable goods: Don't really care about maximizing the xp ratio...

And titans are for example worth it: and if you can do titans the unicorn is close.. And if you can do unicorns the abyssal titans starts to come close after that the packjack is definately worth the xp.. And if you're that far the steel titan isn't too hard to get!

So as you can see summoning - after lv 52- becomes better and better!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I've stopped picking up golds, I only need Spirit Terrorbirds and I may as well just buy them from the G.E.

I still collect Greens because a bunch of the summons are still useful for me. Crimsons and Blues are also a definite yes to pick up!

Dark_Jab.png

I do pick up green, basicly for Unicorns.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Yes, at the very worst don't pick up gold charms - your really not slowing your slaying down much, but they will help dramatically in the long run. Even if you don't see a need for a better summon yet, eventually you will - be it a combat, beast of burden, or fighter. There could be a new quest\summon\boss monster that a higher level really helps out. It's a good skill to train.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I don't really have a set summoning goal. I'd like 99, of course, but that isn't a reasonable goal for me, as I am short on money. I grab every charm, I know I miss a few when I get in a hurry, but for the most part, i grab them all. I'd rather have them sitting in my bank waiting to be used, than have to go collect them when I want to get some summoning levels.

35b9enp.jpg

Pick up all charms... it doesn't slow you down noticably, maybe an hour for 99?

Whats the point in 85+ slayer?

Dark Beasts, cool Skill Cape, potentional new high lvl Slay monsters, ...

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

+ Overall level and experience :thumbsup:

+ Overall level and experience :thumbsup:

Whats the point in dark beasts? In fact, theres no point in training slayer at all besides it's 99 benifit.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I always pick up all the charms I get. They don't slow you down much and when I start training summoning I don't want to spend as little of my time as possible on collecting charms.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak