Impact on Runescape after pvp worlds are released

Yomyth105

As many of us know, Jagex has promised us pvp worlds sometime before the year ends. This seems exciting for many of us pkers and skillers for many aspects. Now my question is ... what kind of impact do u think it will cause on runescape?

will all the pkers come back?

will the empty f2p worlds come back with full of life?

will rs be more than just skilling?

rs economy will be fixed or back to normal?

i need ur opinions.

btw im not looking for exact answers to my questions i just threw those up in the air incase u werent sure wat exactly to say. just to give u some ideas.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there will be no doubt a lot of changes when pvp worlds are released, but RuneScape might not ever be the same - not that this is a bad thing. The economy is now controlled by the Grand Exchange, not the players, I bet that the economy will never be the same in that respect. Sure, potions and food will be on high demand again and skillers will be rolling in Coins and Partyhats (if they're still not frozen). I have a feeling free worlds will remain empty unless some of them become Pk-ing servers, the reason people left was because they couldn't PK.

Though I do expect to see changes, I don't expect RuneScape to be like it used to, there's too many restrictions on it for it to be the way it was. Nevertheless, this is one update I can't wait for! :thumbsup:

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

^^ great observations.

as for me:

why is jagex making pvp worlds. will this be rwt? yes! wat jagex is hoping is to make a couple of pvp worlds and hope that this will stop rwt because there r too many pkers that could intercept their trades because of the few pvp worlds. but it really first depends on how this new style of pking works.

Well, GE prices are already seemly effected. I'm sure a bunch of people will still remain against it and not return, but a bunch of people will come back. For the most part, nature runes, potions and whatnot are expected to rise due to the new high demand.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

It all depends on how similar it is to the old pking style. If the rewards aren't as spectacular, close to no one will come back I think.

I agree and disagree with that. Many people will come back, even if the rewards are lousy, simpling because they can actually Player Kill again. I suppose a counter-argument to my statement would be the new Clan Wars Update... <.<

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Why discuss it now, when there will be multiple threads for each theory or reason that has been listed previously and in this topic. Waste of time to speculate. Regardless though and to be a hypocrite, it'll depend on the update as it alway is, keep the excitement from creating useless topics.

The same old market are going to be flaring up again:

-Food.

-Potions.

-Runes.

-Rune armour.

-Barrows armour (specifically Ahrim's and Dharok's.)

-Whips.

-Dds.

-Granite Mauls.

-Dark Bows.

-Crossbows?

-Arrows/Bolts.

Probably others that I've overlooked too. The prices of these things have all fallen quite a bit since PKing left us, noticably whips went from 1.5m-1.2m, herblore became unprofitable, cooking levels cost more, etc etc. I just hope this pvp update will stimulate the market back to the place where both skillers and killers can make decent profits - at the moment it's very combat orientated for money making.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

The same old market are going to be flaring up again:

-Food.

-Potions.

-Runes.

-Rune armour.

-Barrows armour (specifically Ahrim's and Dharok's.)

-Whips.

-Dds.

-Granite Mauls.

-Dark Bows.

-Crossbows?

-Arrows/Bolts.

Probably others that I've overlooked too. The prices of these things have all fallen quite a bit since PKing left us, noticably whips went from 1.5m-1.2m, herblore became unprofitable, cooking levels cost more, etc etc. I just hope this pvp update will stimulate the market back to the place where both skillers and killers can make decent profits - at the moment it's very combat orientated for money making.

Good point! buy up an extra whip/gs/darkbow/etc. now! We'll be filthy rich muahahahahahaha!

...hang on I'm a free player <.< :x :lol:

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

there will be no doubt a lot of changes when pvp worlds are released, but RuneScape might not ever be the same - not that this is a bad thing. The economy is now controlled by the Grand Exchange, not the players, I bet that the economy will never be the same in that respect. Sure, potions and food will be on high demand again and skillers will be rolling in Coins and Partyhats (if they're still not frozen). I have a feeling free worlds will remain empty unless some of them become Pk-ing servers, the reason people left was because they couldn't PK.

Though I do expect to see changes, I don't expect RuneScape to be like it used to, there's too many restrictions on it for it to be the way it was. Nevertheless, this is one update I can't wait for! :thumbsup:

How is the economy run by the Grand Exchange and not the Players? WE are the ones who buy and sell materials on it thus lowering and raising the prices. Back in the days before the Grand Exchange, the reason the market was the way it was is because Autoers brought in a majority of the materials (Fish, Ore, Essence, Logs). Now that the Exchange is here and it is never leaving (THANK GOD) players must adjust to this new economy.

xxteargodxx.png

will all the pkers come back? Not all, because the pvp worlds arne't worlds that are as easy to lure+kill lol

will the empty f2p worlds come back with full of life? YES

will rs be more than just skilling? YES

rs economy will be fixed or back to normal? well, weapons/armors will go up. Maybe full rune will go back to 200k >O

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

if there are no graves (which really there shouldnt be) then lots of combat equipment will completely disappear, pk'ers cant pic it up, dead guy cant pick it up, so with all the whips and rune sets totally dissapearing, if the rewards are worth it plenty of people will be doing it forcing prices of basic combat gear up quite a lot

baileydafrog.png

Pots, runes, food, etc. will go up on the release... players will find something to complain about... items will plummet... Varrock will be filled with internet protesters... Jagex comes up with new PVP idea... the cycle continues.

Dang, I'm so pessimistic today. :oops:

^ what will ppl complain over?

Won't know until it's released. But I'm pretty sure they'd find something to nitpick about. I mean, I know BH isn't perfect but it really does get a worse rep than it deserves.

I'm personally looking forward to the update. I have some training to do in the meantime though. :?

Won't know until it's released. But I'm pretty sure they'd find something to nitpick about. I mean, I know BH isn't perfect but it really does get a worse rep than it deserves.

I'm personally looking forward to the update. I have some training to do in the meantime though. :?

oh i see wat u mean but at least it is there rather then nothing

Eh..., no. It really does suck. :lol: Ok, it could be worse, but it really is just nothing, and i mean nothing compared to the wildy.

Speaking of Bounty Hunter, the flood from that to the pvp worlds will be massive. It'll be so easy to transfer cash. In all honestly, it's pretty easy right now if your patient (and if you have a 40 defence tank at level 53, it's even easier). I'm going to laugh at transfer wars. I may play bh just so I can hunt like that. But seriously, something needs to be done to it. Best solution would be make it on 1 (mabye two for members), make it multi combat, a blanket 20 combat difference, two craters that are a little bit larger (3-80 and 70+ for f2p, 3-80 and 80+ for p2p) and SUMMONING. There, hillz pking. Perhaps just popular enough to fill two worlds. And if pvp worlds are a total flop, well, change it anyway. :P

The Grand Exchange is already being affected. I'll bet a million gold that lobsters will skyrocket to 400 within the first week of the update. Heck, it'll probaly rise to 400 the moment it's annonuced in BTS. Everything that has anything to do with pking would probaly go up at least 50%. The runescape economy would be once again centered around player killing. Other than that, it really depends on how well the update is done. ;)

The PvP worlds will bring alot of changes in terms of prices.... Something which the majority of tipit will be discussing.

Alot of us will be loving the new extra freedom... while GD will be discussing the 6% rise in the price of toadflax :lol:

I'm beginning to think the Free Servers will probably be more active than the Member Servers. No one knows how the Reward System will work. I'm sure it will probably be much better in Members. But I see more people playing on Free Servers for a even playing field. What I mean is that Rune is the best armor, no poisons, limited magic spells, no specials, limited Potions and Prayers. There, you have less to guess on. Your actual base skills will be more of a factor than the armor and other bonuses that can be hidden from view. Not to mention the items are much cheaper to get back than Member's stuff. However, the drawback is that there is less overall map to fight on and usually its over crowded. This means random people may be skirmishing all around you all day. I'm not much of a PKer. I would prefer Free Servers just for training. I don't think I'm ready to put a Bandos Plate in jeopardy yet. I'm not rich enough to lose something like that on a bad fight and just turn around and buy another. And I'm sure alot of other players fall into this category. That's why I think alot of people will be running around in Rune Armor in the Member's Server. However, they will have hidden, unseen advantages waiting in the wings. AND, to top it all off, the ones who are daring enough (or crazy?) to wear high level armors will probably be dominators. People with mad money will be the true kings of the Member's Servers as they can just replace what they loose, because money is not an issue.

That's what I'm predicting will happen.

One major point people are forgetting is that we dont know the new PK system.

Now this is just a guess and not necessarly true, but looking at the clan wars update.. My guess is that the dangerous version of clan wars is sort of like a trial for PvP worlds. (Excpet the PvP worlds WILL NOT have gravestones, or if they do, you destroy them in the process of gaining your reward)

Keeping that in mind, I am guessing it will not be like the old wilderness system where you get skulled. Thus, you will keep 3-4 items on death, and armor/weapon prices will not change as much as people expect.

The only things that we can say 100% for sure will be used are the consumables. Food and Potions. Everything else is up in the air.

Also a note to skillers: Expect non PK worlds to get alot more crowded as people will not go to PvP worlds for skilling and have a chance to be killed while mining, wc, ect..

dawnsigblue-3.png

It all comes down to how they handle the drops when you make a kill as to weather this pvp server will blow or not. I hope when you murder someone it hurts them like a poke in the eye. I hope i can grief people, thats what pvp is all about, player hating.

Fools_Taco.png

I think my problem with it is going to be that NON-pvp worlds in the F2P areas are going to be ridiculously crowded with autoers now, even more so than before, because they will have fewer worlds to play on.

Hmm, well atleast for some reason I had it in my head they were converting some of the current servers to pvp...guess we will see.

Ex_Ploit.png