Behind The Scenes - October Edition

darkjab

Any particular reason the 3hit system would 'suck [wagon]? It worked great before.

It worked in classic because they had weapons like Rune Scimitars. Nowadays you have Dark Bows, dds, godswords, whips, full Dharoks (sp?) and more which would basically be unbalanced. I don't know about you, but I'd hate to have to wait 3 turns of dds spec in order to move.

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any particular reason the 3hit system would 'suck [wagon]? It worked great before.

It worked in classic because they had weapons like Rune Scimitars. Nowadays you have Dark Bows, dds, godswords, whips, full Dharoks (sp?) and more which would basically be unbalanced. I don't know about you, but I'd hate to have to wait 3 turns of dds spec in order to move.

Especcially since godswords could probably 2 hit K0 you, and Jagex removed it for a reason.

Fair enough, could still work in f2p - but I see what you guys are getting at, may not work the best these days. ::'

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Fair enough, could still work in f2p - but I see what you guys are getting at, may not work the best these days. ::'

Well the 3 hit system was implemented to created a challenging factor into pking -- correct? Jagex has replaced the tactics used in the 3 hit system with the various binding/freezing spells and teleblock. Therefore, we have sufficient tactics for use in pking already and the 3 hit system is no longer needed.

This may be different from f2p, but I've always believed snare (10 second bind) should be f2p, and teleblock also now that revs have teleblock and f2p'ers understand how it works.

rsle5.png

I was interested when they talked about a new armor but then i looked at the picture. it kind of looks lame to me.

what they need to do is remodel 1-2 cities/areas/caves a month like they used to. there are still a lot of areas that could use improvement.

4e0Vn.png

New pvp worlds is enough to please me for the rest of the year.

I like the sound of the new update system as well, seems like it will work better.

pan.png

I'm worried about people paying RL money to get good kills.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

rsle5.png

I was interested when they talked about a new armor but then i looked at the picture. it kind of looks lame to me.

what they need to do is remodel 1-2 cities/areas/caves a month like they used to. there are still a lot of areas that could use improvement.

is that a new familiar????

rsle5.png

could just be armor used in the mini game.

Adizzle3131.png

rsle5.png

could just be armor used in the mini game.

Could be a reward from the mini-game.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The pvp servers are something I've been hoping for since 2003 when I started. Sadly, I was not playing RS when every server was pvp everywhere :( It holds a lot of potential, and over months of time it could be very challenging and level indeed.

My primary concern though is that when they come out there will be tag team pkers in non-multi like there were on World 18 before the wilderness was gnarfed. Hopefully though, they remedy this with a simple solution of having it be 20 seconds after a player stops attacking you before a new one can. That would be 10 seconds longer than now, and would give the person not tag teaming a more level playing field.

I think that if you killed a player while they're low and health and supplies, fresh out of a fight, your reward would probably be very minimal. With that said, I doubt that any PK'er who fights for loot would want to partake in PJing. It wouldn't be profitable in the least.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

rsle5.png

You forgot theirs a mage in the background with new armour, and who say's that's the only armour.

Dark_Jab.png

Hm.. New armour. If it's tradeable I'm going to save my little cash pile for the update. Only thing that interests me really. I'm pretty bad at pking :-#

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I found this bts very weak. I know someone will question me why.

Im no fan of PvP and arent really exited about the worlds.

The halloween update should be interesting.

A new f2p quest? sounds like sheep shearer 2 or something.

Il just have to wait and see if jagex can prove me wrong.

I thought they said the quest would only be out for 2 weeks?

Opethorchid0.png

I won't be on PvP worlds until probably next year. Have to get my wc cape, and thats a while off since I barely get on during the school year. I'm a while off from Pking again. But when I do...Oooh I just want to tickle myself. ::'
Just tickle yourself in the right places ::'

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Stealing Creation

Not long to wait now for this crazy combination for skillers and PKers. Can you and your team work together capturing resources and equipping your warriors? Will you avoid the multitude of threats bearing down on your safe haven? Will you try to make your own way to the higher level gear, or will you just PK and destroy your opponents hard work? Will you be able to keep the enemy at bay while stealing creation?

StealingCreation.jpg

I think this might be why there's new armour in there. Smithing, crafting and fletching might be the 3 big skills to have for this.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Second, I am ecstatic about PvP Worlds...

But... I don't see why all content from October onward is PvP based... They are giving the loudmouth minority a large chunk of content with the PvP World.... Shouldn't that be enough?

okay this is way off topic but you seriously dont understand how the world works, that is how it always is, and this may sound racist but i am from waukegan il. (look up the demographics if you want) and the highschool is minority white, it used to be majority white. then the african-americans and hispanics started complaining so more and more stuff was made to suit them, while the majority only lost, now my school is like 50% esl(cant speak good english basicly) so yea and now when white people try to speak up to get better stuff for us and the rest of the school we are pushed aside as we are still seen as "majority" even though we are not.

ot: i just want my freaking ginormous quest already

Y_Z.png

But... I don't see why all content from October onward is PvP based... They are giving the loudmouth minority a large chunk of content with the PvP World.... Shouldn't that be enough?

okay this is way off topic but you seriously dont understand how the world works, that is how it always is, and this may sound racist but i am from waukegan il. (look up the demographics if you want) and the highschool is minority white, it used to be majority white. then the african-americans and hispanics started complaining so more and more stuff was made to suit them, while the majority only lost, now my school is like 50% esl(cant speak good english basicly) so yea and now when white people try to speak up to get better stuff for us and the rest of the school we are pushed aside as we are still seen as "majority" even though we are not.

Off topic: Waukegan is close to where I live =)

On topic: Got to start working on my pure for the pvp worlds =)

Off topic: Waukegan is close to where I live =)

On topic: Got to start working on my pure for the pvp worlds =)

I'm a step ahead thats what ive been doing this month while I wait to get my p2p back :thumbsup:

Adizzle3131.png

wut.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

wut.

If the minority complains they will become bigger and greater then the majority.