Behind The Scenes - October Edition

darkjab

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the pvp update to come out and I REALLY hope the H'ween item will be the flying broomstick which lost by like 1% in the 07 poll to the stupid Grim Reaper Hood. Come on people!!! A stupid Grim Reaper Hood when you could fly!?

Haha yea and the Grim Reaper Hood doesnt even match anything hardly... Thats the sad part.

Mud_Man55.png

Grim reaper hood, priest robes, skeletal clothes and Scythe... this looks awesome!

[404] Signature not found.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted the bones ring :(

people choose the lamest rewards

a stupid hood and a (properly) very lame santa suit which will properly be sickly green or something -.-

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The broom would have sucked. It wouldn't have been able to fly, it would be a wieldable item like a staff with an emote which made you hover for 3 seconds.

Jagex do need to add a flying ability in this game though. Maybe through a new spell. Be awesome to fly across water via spells. I don't think the game engine can cope with flying though. Even the Avianese don't really "fly".

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The broom would have sucked. It wouldn't have been able to fly, it would be a wieldable item like a staff with an emote which made you hover for 3 seconds.

Jagex do need to add a flying ability in this game though. Maybe through a new spell. Be awesome to fly across water via spells. I don't think the game engine can cope with flying though. Even the Avianese don't really "fly".

Actually, the way the game engine works now it's not "impossible": the only thing that would be impossible, not impossible it just requires a bit of a programming challenge, is to do (certain) cross-interaction with "ground": fighting is a good example.. But also the ability to rightclick on another human player is an example.

Well it's very easily possible to make it working, however it uses another way to either transfer, or calculate user input. (the first method is prone to hacking, the second method requires a bit more serverload).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

If JaGeX did make a flying option you would obviously need a very high magic level to do it or Teleporting would be pointless. :/

If JaGeX did make a flying option you would obviously need a very high magic level to do it or Teleporting would be pointless. :/

Not really. Flying would be much the same as walking/running cept you could do it over water/fences. Would still be quicker to use an elf crystal to get over those mountains as you wouldn't be able to fly that high.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the pvp update to come out and I REALLY hope the H'ween item will be the flying broomstick which lost by like 1% in the 07 poll to the stupid Grim Reaper Hood. Come on people!!! A stupid Grim Reaper Hood when you could fly!?

Haha yea and the Grim Reaper Hood doesnt even match anything hardly... Thats the sad part.

Mud_Man55.png

Grim reaper hood, priest robes, skeletal clothes and Scythe... this looks awesome!

Haha yea when I wear my hood I usually use that costume although I dont have a [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] :cry:

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png

i wanted the bones ring :(

people choose the lamest rewards

a stupid hood and a (properly) very lame santa suit which will properly be sickly green or something -.-

Yea I wanted the bones ring too... Most people probably chose the santa suit so the price of santa hats would go up... But id rather have a Pet Reindeer :thumbsup:

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png

Did anyone else notice this:

Well, youll have to wait and see, but expect some funky decorations to start appearing.

I'm hoping this is referring to the Zamorakian festival in Canifis that the bartender talks about.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well, youll have to wait and see, but expect some funky decorations to start appearing.

I'm hoping this is referring to the Zamorakian festival in Canifis that the bartender talks about.

Ooh I'll be sure to check this out after my Abby Demon task. Sounds like a great idea!

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Ooh I'll be sure to check this out after my Abby Demon task. Sounds like a great idea!

haha... yea I saw that a few hours ago when i was exploring places trying to get songs ::' Well im wcing atm but trying to find stuff that are suppose to be decorations. But I hope the Item this year isn't clothes.

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png

I can see it now...

Noob: Phr33 st00fz pl0x!!!1!!!!!

Noob: Phr33 st00phz pl0x!!1!!1

Level 120: *Pulls out Godsword* :twisted:

Noob: *Finds self in Lumby*

---

Also, beware of High-levels with suspicious lackage of combat gear.

---

This. Will. Be. Awesome!

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

October is traditionally a month of scary surprises and toothache. This month will be no different when it comes to scary Halloween content. And for scary surprises: how about entire worlds where you can PK and hunt other players to your hearts content? Thats right, PvP worlds are coming!

gah... toothache - it just had to remind me of my trip to the dentist this week :(

edit: *high lvl mage announces party drop* noobs crowd around...

ice barrage noobs ftw!!!

plat_silver.png

Quest Cape first achieved 11 April 2009

October is traditionally a month of scary surprises and toothache. This month will be no different when it comes to scary Halloween content. And for scary surprises: how about entire worlds where you can PK and hunt other players to your hearts content? Thats right, PvP worlds are coming!

gah... toothache - it just had to remind me of my trip to the dentist this week :(

ice barrage noobs ftw!!!

:twss: I'd get the mage level just to do that.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

ice barrage noobs ftw!!!

Unlawfully awesome.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

*Goes off to reach the level for Ice Barrage+Does Desert Treasure*

Win.

Hey, the Party Room will be interesting...

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Win.

Ooo. I suppose it would be. Unless its safe, i'd put 1mil in there myself, just to own some noobs.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Win.

Ooo. I suppose it would be. Unless its safe, i'd put 1mil in there myself, just to own some noobs.

Sounds like a new place to train ranged using chinchompas! =D

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I'm excited for the Halloween event aswell. Although it'll be a small little thing, maybe a quest, it's still worth collecting the piece of loot at the end of it. And after all, last year's Halloween event wasn't THAT bad.

I'm also glad they're going to start doing at least 1 main update per month. The updates really add to the game and things to do.

I also think the PvP worlds are gonna be interesting. I think I might actually go on there every so often and actually kill some people randomly. It'll be fun to be able to slaughter people in the middle of Varrock or Seer's.

Some people complain about any updates whatsoever, I think that's complete BS. Without updates to an online MMORPG, nobody would be playing and therefore RuneScape would not exist in the first place.

47234.jpg

New to Tip.it - Lvl 54 combat on RS as of 10/10/2008