Behind The Scenes - October Edition

darkjab

I'm planning on using the pvp worlds to do some skilling.

And by skilling, I mean setting up a f2p noob to go kill people.

..And by setting up a f2p noob, I mean buying f2p materials for my main.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those people like me who are 99 in every combat stat, summoning is just an added bonus. The steel titan really is good in pvp, and it's invisible defence increasing ability is VERY underrated.

Steel titan would be pure ownage. Just imagine your chopping a tree and you do get sprung on by another high level. The look on his face when you bust out a steel titan and use the scroll would be priceless. A possible 96 hit :thumbsup:

Then get out a dds spec or 4 followed by entangle and *hopefully* teleblock :lol:

They wouldn't know what hit em :thumbsup:

Zaroterasu.png

For those people like me who are 99 in every combat stat, summoning is just an added bonus. The steel titan really is good in pvp, and it's invisible defence increasing ability is VERY underrated.

Steel titan would be pure ownage. Just imagine your chopping a tree and you do get sprung on by another high level. The look on his face when you bust out a steel titan and use the scroll would be priceless. A possible 96 hit :thumbsup:

Then get out a dds spec or 4 followed by entangle and *hopefully* teleblock :lol:

They wouldn't know what hit em :thumbsup:

Talking about Lucky Luke :shock:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Even low level combat familiars are useful to a point. Take the 79 summoning Fire Titan. Max hit 15. May seem small, but if you think your fighting melee with someone protecting against melee, 15 hits via magic is going to make an impact in the fight.

Basically they allow you to fight with 2 combat styles at the same time. Sweet.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Even low level combat familiars are useful to a point. Take the 79 summoning Fire Titan. Max hit 15. May seem small, but if you think your fighting melee with someone protecting against melee, 15 hits via magic is going to make an impact in the fight.

I'm sorry to get a little off topic, but can titan scrolls be attached to the types of enchanted helms? I know that Jagex's definition of a "combat familiar" is a little sketchy at best...

Because, well, if they could...Attach scrolls to your helm beforehand and don't summon your familiar. Then, go out a-hunting for some tantalizing prey, summon your monster, and start hacking away at the unfortunate target while your summon randomly beats the crap out of your opponent via scrolls. ^^

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm sorry to get a little off topic, but can titan scrolls be attached to the types of enchanted helms? I know that Jagex's definition of a "combat familiar" is a little sketchy at best...

Because, well, if they could...Attach scrolls to your helm beforehand and don't summon your familiar. Then, go out a-hunting for some tantalizing prey, summon your monster, and start hacking away at the unfortunate target while your summon randomly beats the crap out of your opponent via scrolls. ^^

But the helm changes color when charged, so they'll have SOME warning. That's the reason my helm of neitiznot is always charmed- the glowy look is awesome.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Rune mining in the wilderness may get quite dangerous again \'...

*Expects a rise in Rune Ore prices to compensate for it*

Come on rune miners, don't tell me you've become soft with the revenants babying us for the past several months ;).

Readies her super secret rune mining scout that has been sitting for months collecting a layer of *pixelated* dust.

Don't most Rune Miners use the one near the Dark Beasts still?

*cough* F2P :cry:...

EDIT:

NO they will be mining in non PvP world...

Ahem there was a time we mined with the threat of being killed -.-...

Yep, so rune mining would be more profitable as there will be less competition.

Yep, more profitable if you don't get killed 'cause the PK'ers will be looking for you there...oh where's that evil smilie? I don't see it. I was gonna use it. :( :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Now for my take on the BTS. First off, neither of these updates particularly interest me. I'm no PK'er so check off the PvP worlds. The holiday events have, lately, seemed lackluster. Take, for example, the April 08 one. It was, in effect, an advertisement for Summoning. Anyone remember the infamous Reindeer antlers? I like holiday event items- just not when they look so ridiculous I never wear them. Even items that look good don't often mesh well with any existing set-up.

The new update form, quite frankly, does not look good. Sure, big updates are good. But all too often they're hit or miss or focused only on one section of the game's player base. Plus, I'm worried about burnout- can Jagex's team keep up with large updates every month? Not just the programming, but also good ideas? OR, finding that they CAN'T meet their new update schedule, maybe they'll just start producing slightly-larger-than-average updates and calling them big.

And one final note. I don't like how they've started showing more of their future updates in the bottom. Last time it was one update. This time, two.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Yep, more profitable if you don't get killed 'cause the PK'ers will be looking for you there...oh where's that evil smilie? I don't see it. I was gonna use it. :( :P

I think the overall point was that Rune mining would become very profitable. Nab yourself a rune miner filling that last inventory space and you're looking at...319k added to the drop generator, allowing space for a hidden DDS and teletab.

:twisted: I believe this is the evil smilie you were looking for?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think the overall point was that Rune mining would become very profitable. Nab yourself a rune miner filling that last inventory space and you're looking at...319k added to the drop generator, allowing space for a hidden DDS and teletab.

:twisted: I believe this is the evil smilie you were looking for?

lol i just hope that halloween event is good *finger cross* devil mask !!!!

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

Not excited at all about this month... JaGeX will obviously muck up the new pvp worlds and the Holiday events aren't fun anymore... -.-

How will they muck up the PVP worlds? And have you played the Hallow'een quest?

I hate people who think everything is doomed to fail because Jagex made it.

Well they always seem to muck up on things now. And for the last 2 years all the Holiday events have FAILED, well not the Easter 1 for ring though. ;)

Jagex is working real hard now, that's for sure. Myself I find it very interesting to see how they will accomplish with these PvP worlds and of course the Halloween event.IRL I don't like Halloween too much, but in RS I love it. So keep the good work up, Jagex, and make this October a scary and thrilling month :thumbsup:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

They're aware of Tip.it, plus it's labeled as a law crafting world. I'd rather they just made new worlds, but I don't know if that's much of a possibility. If they do that, we ban Paul and Andrew from here. :D

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

To all those people thinking it will be just 2 updates per month, you're wrong.

They will surely continue with their 2 quests per month, quests aren't really game-changing things.

Quests would only be one of the two updates if it's reward is some huge new feature. So it will probably be around four updates per month.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

This pvp update looks sweet.

Although, since I've been playing other games lately with true penalty less open pvp, I think a couple worlds that are safe pvp everywhere would be a nice addition as well.

Full pvp worlds have potential, but they're lacking something that a couple safe worlds would allow; the ability to carry on your RS life as normal plus the ability to defend your training spot or whatever. As it is now, people are just going to take the usual rune with whips and protect items and it'll be nothing more than one extended wilderness. Which is fine, but safe worlds (with scorecards or whatever to mark kills) would be even better. The ability to train slayer effectively with all your normal equipment, but with the added threat of being attacked and the ability to defend your abby demons would actually be an improvement imo. Think pvp servers in WoW.

This pvp update looks sweet.

Although, since I've been playing other games lately with true penalty less open pvp, I think a couple worlds that are safe pvp everywhere would be a nice addition as well.

Full pvp worlds have potential, but they're lacking something that a couple safe worlds would allow; the ability to carry on your RS life as normal plus the ability to defend your training spot or whatever. As it is now, people are just going to take the usual rune with whips and protect items and it'll be nothing more than one extended wilderness. Which is fine, but safe worlds (with scorecards or whatever to mark kills) would be even better. The ability to train slayer effectively with all your normal equipment, but with the added threat of being attacked and the ability to defend your abby demons would actually be an improvement imo. Think pvp servers in WoW.

yeah i want this as well

no more noobs taking my spots at chins :wall: :wall:

I think you should get extra kill points for taking down people talking in 1337 or if someone takes your patch

game should give you extra points for removing the most annoying people in the game :wall:

but safe pvp worlds would be amazing as you want the fun of fighting anywhere but dont want to lose your stuff

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

To all those people thinking it will be just 2 updates per month, you're wrong.

They will surely continue with their 2 quests per month, quests aren't really game-changing things.

Quests would only be one of the two updates if it's reward is some huge new feature. So it will probably be around four updates per month.

Basically, from now on our releases will be like this:

Four week months will have two updates: one big headline release and a secondary one.

Five week months will have three updates: one big headline release and two secondary ones.

I guess Jagex is wrong too. Go figure, you must know more than they do on how they work.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the pvp update to come out and I REALLY hope the H'ween item will be the flying broomstick which lost by like 1% in the 07 poll to the stupid Grim Reaper Hood. Come on people!!! A stupid Grim Reaper Hood when you could fly!?

Haha yea and the Grim Reaper Hood doesnt even match anything hardly... Thats the sad part.

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png