Behind The Scenes - October Edition

darkjab

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damnit.. why can't they wait until December to release PK worlds? I want those losers to suffer as much as they can.

If theres really winners and losers in this incident... I guess now that you are the true loser. =D>

I like mess massing so much. Probably the update this time will be even better than the old wildiness for me. ^^

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

May annoy people having campers around safe spots but then it's a waste of the camping persons time when they could be going out and attacking people who can properly defend themself and gain much better rewards.

And besides people could easily get around campers by equipping all their gear, logging on a safe world, go to where they want to be and then log in on a pvp world.

Camping in RS is just silly.

Dark_Jab.png

I never said they needed to be tradeable or make us earn on it. I said it should be useful.

I doubt your using Holiday items daily...

A holiday item should be useful or fancy so people will use it.

Chicken Outfit: That outfit even though funny is mostly ugly.

(Saw a guy in Clan wars FFA: Running and i attacked him and he said "why does ever1 attack chickens>.<?"

hey I think that would be me.... I went in there couple days ago... might be a bit more then a week... with chicken costume & rubber chicken.

F2P Free for all cLan wars (SAFE)???? :o

i cant wait for this :D

im gonna catch chins on these worlds and kill those stupid spot taking noobs -.- :lol:b

im really curious about new rewards. I'm getting 82 magic for a blitz+darkbow noob pk now :D :mrgreen: :lol:

and the one i want most is the equip your armies, i hope you can only add stuff you can make as that would bring smithing a use, hoep use can use flecting,(herblore?),crafting and even runecrafting as well with this.

can we make noob skiller armys as well >.<

possible slayer could be used to kill monsters to give unique drops to your army

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I predict a lot of very unhappy people when the new PK worlds are released. :)

Because this is the sort of update where the devil truly is in the details, and I imagine there will be lots of details people will not be happy with...

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Honestly, one of the most exciting updates in a long time. I'm not a PK'er, but this will really give the RS economy a kick in the [wagon]. Whips, Dark Bows, etc, could raise in price, which is great for Slayers. =D>

Also, I seriously doubt that camping at spawn points and banks would give any sort of reward, and I'm sure that Jagex thought of that. Sure, you could do it just to piss people off, but is it worth the barrage runes?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

So, starting from this month, were changing the way we release content. From now on youll see one massive headline update (such as a Recipe for Disaster or a Castle Wars) every month. On top of that, there will still be a secondary release, much more like the size of update youre used to right now. Were also still committed to making sure that no two weeks pass without something new.

Basically, from now on our releases will be like this:

* Four week months will have two updates: one big headline release and a secondary one.

* Five week months will have three updates: one big headline release and two secondary ones.

So, on to this months updates...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I want two big updates, and two small updates a month. The Jagex team is certainly big enough!

Eh I think I might perfer the updates once a week. Because I would perfer steady small updates instead of massive ones. Kind of the reason I devote so much time to Runescape and 1-2 days a week to WoW. If updates slow, my time played might as well, as I will lack things to motivate me to accomplish other things.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Am I the only 1 who dislikes their new "update" system?

Really: for GWD I couldn't care less (if I want the thrill of beating boss monsters I could just goto the kq).. Or new skills don't matter for me at all (more pointless clicking)..

It's actually those "small" updates that keep me playing: quests! - Previously 2 quests a month was perfectly normal (1 quest every other week).. However with this I don't hink quests count as headline update so less time will be put into quests..

So you don't like GWD... well if they've just said there's going to be a big update every month then soon there probably will be a big update that you like. They aren't just going to clone and relocate GWD every month you know.

Ow, I love the gwd: I spent most of my time here. But I wouldn't be sad if the bwd was removed, nor was I happy that the bwd started! - I fail to see what made it unique above other bosses: I like to do unique things.... And quests are unique (if only for the stories), so that's why I like questing especially lately. (well maybe you could change that "especially" by "only": I only log in nowadays if a new update happens that opens a new quest).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Because this is the sort of update where the devil truly is in the details, and I imagine there will be lots of details people will not be happy with...

You're probably right, but wait and see! ::'

This is a really great BTS, finally they've decided to drop the insignificant updates and have gone with the big chunky ones which we (or at least I) love!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I never said they needed to be tradeable or make us earn on it. I said it should be useful.

I doubt your using Holiday items daily...

A holiday item should be useful or fancy so people will use it.

Chicken Outfit: That outfit even though funny is mostly ugly.

(Saw a guy in Clan wars FFA: Running and i attacked him and he said "why does ever1 attack chickens>.<?"

hey I think that would be me.... I went in there couple days ago... might be a bit more then a week... with chicken costume & rubber chicken.

F2P Free for all cLan wars (SAFE)???? :o

yup... dunno if I wore my pumpkin head or chickenhead though :twss:

Fighterman_X.png

Looks like one of the best months in a very long time.

Updates speaking.

:twss:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

ahhhh the holiday event!! holiday events are always my most loved update. but what i dont understand is when they say

This quest will be available to our free players for the two weeks around Halloween,
. does that mean that the quest is only available for a 2 week period. also, what if u start it, but u dnt finish it after 2 weeks, will u be able to finish it after? will it also be the same 2 weeks as the halloween event? anyway, im just glad that jagex is finally making another f2p quest :pray: thank you!!

the mini game seems interesting, i hope it is f2p. but i can bet my boxers that its not.....being that it says that your army will be filled with humans and other races, but there arnt that many races available to f2p....... that would be interesting to hav an army of revs, or tzhaar(lol bring tzkok jad), demons (zammy general lol :twisted: )

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

I agree with this guy...

BUUUUT, I'm very pleased about the pvp worlds update, has made my coming back 3monthes ago worth while. Hope for the best - will be trying it out on f2p before I go on p2p to play though. Just to get a feel for it. Also that way its more like the old days.

!!!PLEASE GODS OF RUNESCAPE - FOR THESE WORLDS BRING BACK THE 3-HIT SYSTEM!!!

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

The pvp servers are something I've been hoping for since 2003 when I started. Sadly, I was not playing RS when every server was pvp everywhere :( It holds a lot of potential, and over months of time it could be very challenging and level indeed.

My primary concern though is that when they come out there will be tag team pkers in non-multi like there were on World 18 before the wilderness was gnarfed. Hopefully though, they remedy this with a simple solution of having it be 20 seconds after a player stops attacking you before a new one can. That would be 10 seconds longer than now, and would give the person not tag teaming a more level playing field.

captain_poet.png

i'm looking forward to a minigame with real strategi maybe i agme i cba to get ranked in :D

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Wow, looks like a good month this time. Can't wait for PvP ;)

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I like the new BTS stuff, and Hallowe'en, but I really HATE the PVP worlds, won't use ever and it will make sooo much spam. I'm also looking forward the minigame at botom of page :)

ib7rVm.png

My fears as well. People perfer freedom to anything else. Putting in details limits this freedom. Also, if you count a detail as a seperate update (it's not, but bear with me. Or say it's updates within updates, like pest control), then there's so many more 'updates' that can go wrong. So, word of advice to Jagex, limit details AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Seriously, people would prefer a system where you drop the first 40k of wealth you had, rather than a complex formula for the same task, with only slightly better for higher levels. Well, I guess it doesn't matter that much in this case, seeing you don't really have to memorize it, but you get my point. ;)

I agree with this guy...

BUUUUT, I'm very pleased about the pvp worlds update, has made my coming back 3monthes ago worth while. Hope for the best - will be trying it out on f2p before I go on p2p to play though. Just to get a feel for it. Also that way its more like the old days.

!!!PLEASE GODS OF RUNESCAPE - FOR THESE WORLDS BRING BACK THE 3-HIT SYSTEM!!!

3 hit system would suck [wagon]...

Any particular reason the 3hit system would 'suck [wagon]? It worked great before.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us