One thing leads to another...

NoMoreDead

Have you ever had something go a bit different than normal in your daily life, and that little difference puts you in a completely unlikely situation as a result?

Alright, I understand that's worded about as badly as it could be, so I'll try to give an example:

You usually wake up to go to class at 8:00. You shower, eat breakfast, and are out the door at 8:45. Today goes a bit differently. Today, you wake up at 8:20, and you have to rush everything. You get to your car at 8:48. You're a little late, so you rush a bit to make it on time. As you turn the corner out of your neghiborhood, someone crashes right into your passenger side door. You suddenly realize: "If I had just woken up on time, this wouldn't have ever happened. I never would have even seen this guy."

Has this ever happened to you? Has something altered your daily routine which then led to something awful/(or possibly amazing) happening?

What chain of events led to a pivotal moment in your life?

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

You mean like the butterfly effect?

I suppose the choices I make now for school could/will effect what college I go to, and then in turn, possibly my job, and then from that, how much money I make, and from that...My status in life.

I guess we're aiming for something a bit smaller though. I'm sure I have some...But like usual, I can't think of them.

Too bad life doesn't have a reset button...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Yes, actually.

When I had first gotten my license, I told my boss he could start scheduling me at 3pm because I would be able to get to work on time (school gets out at 2:20). So, the first 3-7 I had to work was a Friday, the same day as my class officer meeting. I decide to skip it because I wasn't sure how long it would take, and I didn't want to be late. So at like 2:30 I got a call from my friend reminding me that we had a meeting that day, and I told her that I had to work so I wouldn't be able to go. I get to the bottom of the hill, make a right, and go past a school bus. Apparently it was stopped and it had its lights flashing and everything, but I'm not really sure. I get pulled over, get a ticket, and have to go to court. I ended up having to take a driving course and pay like a $200 fine (rather than the $500 and the points on my license). For such a long time, though, I was beating myself up for not going to the meeting or pulling over when I picked up my phone, because then I would've stopped for the bus. I would've avoided the ticket and the fine.

I probably have like 100 more, but this one sticks out the most because it cost me lots of money. :(

Years & years ago I was at a friend and was just about to leave since it was late... But just before opening the door and leaving, I went to my friend's room and asked "what are you playing", he said it's a new browser based game called RuneScape which got released a few days ago

I don't see him often, and if I hadn't asked & left instead, I'd never gotten into RS, tip.it, my grammar/english skills would be poorer, god knows how many future contacts/friends wouldn't even exist for me that I first met on related forums/subjects/games... Wouldn't even be writing this post or moderating at all.

this topic helped me to put into persective my decision to study what i am studying, surely there can be no other major decision that has had such a big influence on people as the one they make when they are flicking through the course outline of the uni they want to go to.

that is if they do not have a clear idea what they want to do before they look at the booklet

NICKELEY102.png

You can never know what your life would have been like otherwise. For example, maybe it seems that seeing your friend playing RS was a big change, but then maybe you're just the type of person who gets into online games anyway, and if you hadn't got into RS then, you would have got into it later anyway, or you would have got into a different online game leading to similar experiences. Maybe although there are these events that seem pivotal in our lives, we are almost attracted to the same kinds of experiences anyway just because of what we're like.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

i seem to have those alot, or altest i think i do, wake up and almost feel over i was so sleepy i drag myself to my 8am class to find it was canceled. which was one of those moments, :x but because i did that, i just went to chick fila and ran into a very good friend of mine i haven't seen in awhile and had a very pleasant breakfast with her ::'

legends2.jpg

You can never know what your life would have been like otherwise. For example, maybe it seems that seeing your friend playing RS was a big change, but then maybe you're just the type of person who gets into online games anyway, and if you hadn't got into RS then, you would have got into it later anyway, or you would have got into a different online game leading to similar experiences. Maybe although there are these events that seem pivotal in our lives, we are almost attracted to the same kinds of experiences anyway just because of what we're like.

Nah, the only games I played back 99-2001 were online chess/ minesweepers maybe a few times a week. :P (Only had really played Diablo 1 and some old ms-dos games before that)

Years & years ago I was at a friend and was just about to leave since it was late... But just before opening the door and leaving, I went to my friend's room and asked "what are you playing", he said it's a new browser based game called RuneScape which got released a few days ago

I don't see him often, and if I hadn't asked & left instead, I'd never gotten into RS, tip.it, my grammar/english skills would be poorer, god knows how many future contacts/friends wouldn't even exist for me that I first met on related forums/subjects/games... Wouldn't even be writing this post or moderating at all.

Likewise if it wouldn't have been for Runescape, and TIF, my entire current career choice would be probably wildly different

Yeah, this is pretty much stating the obvious lol. In hignsight you think that you should/could have done things differently but you can't change what's already happened. If he had chosen to go to work the other way for example he may not have been hit, it's just life.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

You mean like the butterfly effect?
Good movie. ::'

~ Captainkidd

I heard somewhere that people who sign their posts have a 30% higher chance of being diagnosed with cancer. You know, the whole butterfly effect an all.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I heard somewhere that people who sign their posts have a 30% higher chance of being diagnosed with cancer. You know, the whole butterfly effect an all.

What are you getting at? You do know cause and effect is real right?

What would it be if it wasn't real???

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

I'm getting at goddamnitpeopleneedtostopsigningthey're[bleep]ingposts.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.