Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Change the title to slayer pwns k just because you stink at killing things doesnt mean a skill is bad if there was no slayer where would the whips... the d bows.... the d boots ect come from
OR those same items could come from the same monsters minus the entire slayer skill.

Also, tell me slayer gives me a variety of monsters to train on after me third or fourth Kalphite task. In a row. Although that shouldn't happen anymore.

Gah, this has got to be the longest thread currently on a front page in this forum.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself am going for 99 slayer (91/99 atm) and I can say slayer definitely does not suck. If you have enough points to ban wastes of monsters (such as black demons and kalphites) you're golden. Also, if you make your own potions like I do, you're golden as well. I almost always make money from slayer, regardless of the task. And as long as I don't get something annoying or out of the way, I usually enjoy slayer as well. And by the time I'm 99, I'll be able to say I wouldn't have rather made the money that I'll have in any other way.

myrincreu.png

I myself am going for 99 slayer (91/99 atm) and I can say slayer definitely does not suck. If you have enough points to ban wastes of monsters (such as black demons and kalphites) you're golden. Also, if you make your own potions like I do, you're golden as well. I almost always make money from slayer, regardless of the task. And as long as I don't get something annoying or out of the way, I usually enjoy slayer as well. And by the time I'm 99, I'll be able to say I wouldn't have rather made the money that I'll have in any other way.

The thread is about efficiency, not fun. Compfreak's math has shown that there are far more efficient ways to do 'whatever' than slay. And since it's a thread about efficiency, making your own potions is actually a utter waste of time as you could be making money then buying them off the grand exchange.

To your second to last statement, please don't use 'fun' as a factor, everyone has their own idea of fun. And I don't understand your last statement, you say 'I'll be able to say I wouldn't have made the money that I'll have any other way', okay, explain to me, what's shameful about making 650k per hour or whatever you get from Green Dragons?

To the OP, I agree with most things you said, too bad you won't reply :(.

compfreak left because he/she got banned for stupid rants cant belive this has almost made 80 pages

so on topic

SLAYER OWNS YOU

since pvp drops got ruined without doing slayer kiss all your whips d bows d boots g mauls anything that is a special slayer reward good bye

OTMSigXD.png

compfreak left because he/she got banned for stupid rants cant belive this has almost made 80 pages

so on topic

SLAYER OWNS YOU

since pvp drops got ruined without doing slayer kiss all your whips d bows d boots g mauls anything that is a special slayer reward good bye

I thought Jagex added in the random-style loot on October 15th? This rant was made in the October 10th.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

so on topic

SLAYER OWNS YOU

Don't spam this thread, please. Compfreak did not get banned, he is still quite active with his friends pmwise. He did not get banned for stupid rants, that's a utter lie and a rumour, he 'unofficially quit' because of mods whom he disagreed with.

This thread is made for a serious debate/discussion about slayer and efficiency, Compfreak himself loves the skill but made the thread to prove that it is not the 'best way to make money, xp, charms, or anything else, except for slayer xp, which is worthless if you hate slayer'.

And you do realise that PvP got the slayer drops removed, making your statement a thing of the past and also obsolete.

Back ontopic, I can't really add much more to what's already been said. Yup, that's it.

Okay.. From OP's very first post i can see that he is fed up with Dragons :P So am I. Oh well.

Slayer; In short, is horrible raw melee experience. I think what gets misguided is the fact that it is experience you gain when not really realising it.

What i mean by this is you concentrate more on "Slaying" the monster(s) that you completely forget you are gaining experience in either Ranged, Magic or Melee.

Slayer in my opinion is not and was not created for extreme money making nor for any excellent combat experience. In my opinion it is the fun of killing new enemies as well as old ones that are unique in their own way. Such as; the fact you need a Rock Hammer to smash and finish off a Gargoyle. Which is what is making me slay at this current time. Just combat with a twist, kind of like finding a severed finger in a Big Mac at McDonalds. :)

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

• 3 months later...

so on topic

SLAYER OWNS YOU

Slayer is fun. Rewards are bad.

I still talk to compfreak a lot, although he has a lot more work and stuff financially. Leave the guy alone, it was his choice.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I still talk to compfreak a lot, although he has a lot more work and stuff financially. Leave the guy alone, it was his choice.

He's not a bad guy, guys..

I dont need a siggy no moar.

287, I agree with you OP that slayer is probably the most useless skill in the game, but that won't stop anyone on tip.it from nuking you because you're account doesn't fit their definition of "good."

Free total levels i guess?

Hmm, slayer is useless?

First of all, I'm 88 slayer at the moment and I'm going towards level 90 slayer. In your post you said that you make roughly 50k coins per hour with slayer. You base that on what? Your own experience? Yet you said yourself that you haven't gotten past level 80.

I'm level 88 slayer and I can easily say that I've made about 200M+ with the skill. Some of my drops include draconic visage, 2 robins from a clue on a slay task, 4x dragon legs(2M ea back then), 4x dragon skirt, 12 whips, 100+ dragon boots, 4 ranger ammies, dragon junk, way too much rune junk, runes(I even bought 15k death runes with points once), ranarrs, seeds, pure essence, granite mauls,etc

I'll give you a little example... I recently collected all my loot from 87-->88 slayer and my total profit was 12M from that one level and that's not even lucky or anything ;)

It took me around 26 hours for that one level. I average at around 460k cash an hour. That's a little bit more then your 50k an hour don't you think? ;)

Yes, you can train with your 110k xp/h at armored zombies, but I'd rather get 50k xp/h and make 450k cash an hour + collect lots of charms. I get HP, slayer, summoning, melee/ranged/magic xp while I make a decent amount of cash per hour while you get only HP and melee/ranged/magic xp. If you take this in mind then I think that the total amount of exp gained by slayer and armored zombies is almost equal ;)

Another reason why I train slayer is because I get bored easily of killing the same monster over and over again. Slayer gives me the opportunity to train on a variety of monsters.

Another foolish argument you made was how you're too much of a total noob to kill mithril dragon. A mithril dragon task takes me roughly 10 minutes and I got a visage drop on this task once, so it's totally worth it :)

It's a quick and easy task that doesn't even cost me food thanks to my great Unicorn(I got 88 summoning with charms I collected through slayer)

It's not because you're a total noob that gets numbers out of his [wagon] that a skill like slayer is useless. It's far from useless especially if you have fun while training it which is the most important thing in a game right? :)

Go and train afk at your armored zombies, but I play runescape to play the game, not to do something else while I'm playing automatically.

Good bye

For some tasks like Aberrant Spectres, I end up making about 300k per hour, using a ring of wealth and monkfish.

I've heard from higher levelled players that they get apparently a whip every two hours or so, so thats about 1.5m per hour not counting supplies or other drops.

Great exp is also possible through doing slayer...killing lesser demons is great slayer and combat experience, and even more so if you own a slayer helmet.

1247z.png

Hey guys, I just want to recap some of the points that camp has been making over and over again. No offense but some of you might want to read the thread a bit before posting. ;-)

He doesn't hate the skill, in fact he loves it, I believe he stated it was one of his favorite skill. What he is trying to say that many people thought that slayer was a great way for combat experience and money, if not the best, and he is just trying to point out that it is not the case. To soulripper88, you might want to check his stats a bit before calling him a "noob", the guy is maxed combat and has a fairly high slayer level, 90ish something I believe. Anyway in economics there is a term called "opportunity cost". The term basically means that yes you can spend 5 hour doing slayer tasks and getting money and experience, but the alternative ways offers better benefits. Some people pointed out the rare drops such as visage/robins/dragon items and what not, however they did not include the below average drops such as random coin drops and don't forget the ever popular fire rune drops. Comp has argued before that in AVERAGE, the experience and money slayer offers are inferior to other methods, that is all.

Basically, he is just trying to say that the skill is inefficient for training but if you love the skill, go ahead.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Basically, he is just trying to say that the skill is inefficient for training but if you love the skill, go ahead.

Which is exactly what people have been trying to prove wrong. I think I did, actually.

It's a rant on how people THINK slayer is the best split of charms, money and xp.

When it isnt.

It is. I guarantee you I can make more charms, money and experience from slaying than if you would have done each said variable separately the fastest way you could possibly imagine.

It's not. I really have to calc this some day, but I honestly can't be bothered with prices changing etc.

- Better calculations with slayer points:

62.3k melee xp/hour

17.5k range xp/hour

18.7k summoning xp/hour

21.8k slayer xp/hour

140k profit/hour

100k profit/hour from slayer points

Armoured zombies are about 100k melee xp/hour, and gain you about 100k profit/hour. Chinning is like 250k range xp/hour, at a cost of 3 gp/xp. Waterfiends are about 40k summoning xp/hour (only counting crims), and gain you like 72k/h melee xp too. Astral rune crafting is about 900k/hour atm (252ea astrals, 218ea pure ess, 3.2k ess/hour).

You'd need 50 crimson charms to get 18.7k summ xp, 29 minutes. 35k melee xp too. Takes another 16 minutes to finish up the melee xp, about 30k profit too. About 55k needed to pay for the chins, so 18 mins of astral crafting to make back 140k+100k+55k-30k. 5 minutes needed to get 17.5k range xp with chins.

That's a total of 68 minutes. Instead of 21.8k slayer xp, you get spare gold/green/blue charms from waterfiends (didn't calc those in), 6k extra hp xp (chins instead of cannon) and 8k extra runecrafting xp.

So, it basically comes down to this: Do you value 21.8k slayer xp and 8 minutes over 6k hp xp, 8k rc xp and some charms? If yes, slayer is more efficient. This is of course assuming you slay a little efficiently, eg. use 10% str pray on most tasks, piety some, cannon most of the tasks, have at least decent combat stats etc (basically do everything zarfot recommends). Otherwise your slayer xp rates will be lower. If no, you're better off training the skills seperately.

2dvjurb.png

To be honest I have no idea what the data is going on right now as I really do not have time to read the whole thread all over again. :smile:

I just wish to restate his points as some people are sort of not getting it. They seem to think that he is too weak to slay efficiently or just hate the skill, which is not the case.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

To be honest I have no idea what the data is going on right now as I really do not have time to read the whole thread all over again. :smile:

I just wish to restate his points as some people are sort of not getting it. They seem to think that he is too weak to slay efficiently or just hate the skill, which is not the case.

Nah, it's my data from another thread (which disappeared during the 'rollback') and doesn't in any way have something to do with the past 80 pages, I wouldn't expect anyone to read all that (even I quit after page 30).

I do agree with you that there seems to be a pretty large amount of people posting here who have just entirely missed his point though.

I just posted that in the hope people would find something wrong with it.

2dvjurb.png

Hey guys, I just want to recap some of the points that camp has been making over and over again. No offense but some of you might want to read the thread a bit before posting. ;-)

He doesn't hate the skill, in fact he loves it, I believe he stated it was one of his favorite skill. What he is trying to say that many people thought that slayer was a great way for combat experience and money, if not the best, and he is just trying to point out that it is not the case. To soulripper88, you might want to check his stats a bit before calling him a "noob", the guy is maxed combat and has a fairly high slayer level, 90ish something I believe. Anyway in economics there is a term called "opportunity cost". The term basically means that yes you can spend 5 hour doing slayer tasks and getting money and experience, but the alternative ways offers better benefits. Some people pointed out the rare drops such as visage/robins/dragon items and what not, however they did not include the below average drops such as random coin drops and don't forget the ever popular fire rune drops. Comp has argued before that in AVERAGE, the experience and money slayer offers are inferior to other methods, that is all.

I recorded my latest slayer lvl. From 87-->88 slayer I got 1 abyssal whip, 4 ranger ammies, 5 dragon boots, rune junk, runes,etc it was a total profit of 12M

It took me 26 hours to get that one level, so that means I got 460k profit an hour and it wasn't even a lucky level. Noob has nothing to do with levels, a noob is a "high level" person that acts like a newb.

I don't know how you guys come up with 100k gold an hour for slayer as I make a lot more then that and I have always made a lot more then that.

I recorded my latest slayer lvl. From 87-->88 slayer I got 1 abyssal whip, 4 ranger ammies, 5 dragon boots, rune junk, runes,etc it was a total profit of 12M

It took me 26 hours to get that one level, so that means I got 460k profit an hour and it wasn't even a lucky level. Noob has nothing to do with levels, a noob is a "high level" person that acts like a newb.

I don't know how you guys come up with 100k gold an hour for slayer as I make a lot more then that and I have always made a lot more then that.

My data was from 2.1m slayer xp (88-92), a considerably larger sample size. I must admit I don't get very lucky with whip/boot drops though, 7 boots and 4 whips total so far. But still, that would only put slayer further ahead of training skills seperately.

2dvjurb.png

He did the math before the mass inflation from 76king so the data is not that reliable right now. Besides if you want to talk about money, there are many many ways to make more than 460k per hour without breaking a sweat. Also he does know the most efficient way to slay, I am pretty sure he memorized zarfot's slayer guide by heart anyway. :grin:

To D Jay, there is just one point I do not understand, why are you using astral rune crafting as an example to make money? :blink: I mean shouldn't gwd/dks be a better example?

11-1.jpg[

Well I've made over 150M(lost a lot of pics, only have 50 slayer related drop pics left or so) I think, but I've lost count on 4.5M slayer xp.

Making 150M+ in 300 hours while getting combat/summ xp isn't a bad thing really. Even though I make up to 7M gold an hour on average at tormented demons(what can I say, I'm lucky)

Well I've made over 150M(lost a lot of pics, only have 50 slayer related drop pics left or so) I think, but I've lost count on 4.5M slayer xp.

Making 150M+ in 300 hours while getting combat/summ xp isn't a bad thing really. Even though I make up to 7M gold an hour on average at tormented demons(what can I say, I'm lucky)

I am sorry but it sounds kind of vague. How did you figure out you made over 150m while slaying for 300 hours? I mean hell I don't even remember when did I start playing. :lol: Nevermind remembering how many hours I spend slaying, unless you decided to keep a huge motherload slayer log?

11-1.jpg[