Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Compfreak is gone, so theres no point in trying to prove him wrong anymore, even though there never really was. Just thought I'd mention that seeing as some of you haven't realized that yet.

Good riddance. The last twenty pages are just him saying "I'm right and you're wrong because you are." Saying something with a lot of conviction does not make it true.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compfreak is gone, so theres no point in trying to prove him wrong anymore, even though there never really was. Just thought I'd mention that seeing as some of you haven't realized that yet.

what happened?

We had a debate and one thing led to another. I wouldn't have done it if I knew it would cause him to quit though. :?

Actually it was a dispute between him and a couple of the mods. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=793010

Aww, I'll miss him.

Well then, not that this will matter, but the plural of "monkey" is "monkeys" not "monkies".

Slayer's a great way to train. You never really get bored, and you basically get free total levels. I know this is going to read as an insult, but to see someone with your stats. Almost all 99 melees with 76 slayer, it really disgusts me.

You... Get... Free... Total.. Levels...

I can't really argue there, I guess.

Well, look at it this way Comp. Spend 10 hours on Slayer at 50k exp an hour for a Melee skill (totals at 500k exp) and about 15k Slayer exp (totals at 150k exp). Spend 10 hours at Armoured Zombie at 100k exp an hour (totals at 1mil exp). At higher levels 500k exp isnt even going to get you a level and even 150k exp might not get you a Slayer level. 1mil Melee exp on the other hand will get you atleast 1 level for certain (unless you are on 98 in which case it will put you 120k away from 99). Anyway, so for 10 hours of Slayer you have nothing to show but a measly 620k in total exp and maybe 500k cash were as with the Armoured Zombies you will have atleast 1 level and 1.5mil cash to show. 1.5mil Cash can now be used for some of your lower buyable skills. This could get you upto 5 more levels. Even if you spend the 500k gained from slayer on a buyable skill you still wont reach anywere near the total levels gained while doing Armoured Zombies. its 11 total levels with armoured zombies again 5 at most with slayer.

Therefore i must conclude that slayer is not only a waste of time, but it is a waste of money. I hope i made my point clear enough.

That's a good argument.

Wait, your slayer xp rate is entirely incorrect, no it isn't.

Hellhounds task * tear * :cry:

"da na da naaa... maarp

da na da naaa... maarp

da na da naaa maarp muurp" - Mark York

"But Mrs. Ciccone, a triangle! No Jordan, that's what normal people call a straight line."

"even that life you thought you had... just kidding, you don't have a life!" - Frank Fontaine

Andrak3.png

This debate can still go on, and some are willing to help out.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

It's amazing how people can continue to discuss something that is all a matter of personal choice.

Eh? Ydrasil is/was making the argument that slayer is in fact the most efficient way to train. Hardly personal choice.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

This debate can still go on, and some are willing to help out.

It can but it won't.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Here is one thing that pisses me off about slayer, ridiculous assignments!

91087385.jpg

Seriously, why so many fricken many Blue Dragons? I'm lvl 79! Are they trying to piss me off? I went and changed it. I got 26 goblins. A stupid 5 minute waste of time.

single_skill1165818883.png

It's amazing how people can continue to discuss something that is all a matter of personal choice.

Eh? Ydrasil is/was making the argument that slayer is in fact the most efficient way to train. Hardly personal choice.

It all depends on if you like slayer or not. Personal.

Here is one thing that pisses me off about slayer, ridiculous assignments!

91087385.jpg

Seriously, why so many fricken many Blue Dragons? I'm lvl 79! Are they trying to piss me off? I went and changed it. I got 26 goblins. A stupid 5 minute waste of time.

Then go to an other slayer master. Chaeldar is one of the highest ones. Higher level people do appreciate such tasks.

I agree with you that there are better ways to train combat. Which is what i understand to be your point. That's 100% correct.

And, im sure you totally understand this, but here is my opinion on slayer...

Slayer is a way to train combat skills with variety. It unlocks new things for people to train on (although none of them are worth training on unless they are in fact your slayer task), it provides enjoyment to many people, and for people who like to fight things that have a chance of dropping loot worthwhile. Now, slayer itself is like many skill in runescape, it has its uses, yet in the end its mostly worthless. For example, woodcutting. Woodcutting earns you about the same as slayer does. Even when you are 99. So why raise woodcutting? Because people enjoy it, and there is a skill cape involved. If we were just going by terms of efficiency, then we would all be training rc until our arms fell off (of course thats assuming we dont realize that working the ge takes less time and is therefore more efficient than any skill.)

Basically all im saying is that your point and rant is mostly pointless and is a closedminded way to look at slayer. Why post a thread just saying that you hate people that say its the fastest way to raise combat? Nobody says that, you might as well just post saying "Why do noobs misunderstand combat?" This skill serves a purpose, and plays a large role in the game.

Waste of forum space imo

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

• 2 weeks later...

XP per hour with slayer: 50k

taken from your argument on page 1.

until u have the perspective of a high lvl slayer, how can u really justify that? i myself can easily get 80k exp per hour while training slayer and pull in a quite decent profit.

Danger: Slayer is fairly dangerous; I've lost several dozen million to it, quite a bit from metal dragons. Not paying attention and letting your prayer run out can result in nasty things happening to you.

everytime i have died while slaying it was my own fault, and in a matter of days i had everything back. lost 15m ranging metal drags, made it back in 3 days of slaying.

Training magic using combat, in any way, unless your bursting rock lobsters, is a bad idea. No need to argue that point.

have u ever burst nechryaels for mage exp? its upto 50k exp per 1k casts better than rock lobs. and faster to use the casts too. the charms are not as good as rock lobs but still easily get 100 crims per 1k casts. the loot though makes up for a lot of it. u easily get 500k-1m return. never heard of a person at lobs pulling in that much back.

XP per hour with slayer: 50k

taken from your argument on page 1.

until u have the perspective of a high lvl slayer, how can u really justify that? i myself can easily get 80k exp per hour while training slayer and pull in a quite decent profit.

I super pot and piety most tasks and don't pull in anywhere near 80k an hour... Even with an iron titan in multi, with piety, pots, etc, I'm only doing maybe 60k. Without the iron titan, I break maybe 50k. Not to mention that you can't really claim any reliable hourly exp since you're fighting different things and there's a downtime in between (like the minimum five minutes it takes to get down to dark beasts -_-).

Profit? lol. Between cannonballs, prayer & super pots, sums, etc, I'm lucky if I'm somewhat above a break-even. Even when I get a more valuable drop, it's backdated to pay for costs incurred on previous assignments.

There's no need to calculate anything with xp/hour or stuff like that, if you make one basic assumption:

"RuneScape players will in the end allways go for all skills 99."

If you train slayer before you max out, you'll be faster than when you first train combat and train slayer after you max out. Now, ofcourse, there are exceptions to my assumption, but these are (skill) pures, who focus on non-combat skills or pking, not combat skills in itself.

Aurei_Animus.png

Yes, slayer does suck and you didn't need to put such a long post...

it's just some random idiot, telling you to kill a random monster, for no reason at all <- that's what you do from level 1 to 200mil exp

slayer is just leeching off good skills like combat, if it didn't had the monsters like abyssal demon, you can bet that it would've got removed from the game (or not made at all) but the rewards from slayer monster drops are good so most players don't complain (you wouldn't want whip taken out from the game, would you????)

It's simple:

- If you want high Slayer (for some reason): Do Slayer

- If you don't want high Slayer: Don't do Slayer

Slayer has the big advantage of giving slayer exp. Nothing else except exp lamps and daily minigames will get you that. People who suggest Slayer assume the person who asks for advise doesn't think Slayer exp is useless...

Personally, my goal is getting 99 in every skill. There's 2 ways I could get 99 in all combat skills + slayer:

1) Get maxed, then do slayer -> getting a lot of useless exp on top of my 13 M

2) Train melee with Slayer and limit the time needed -> I'll get 99 in every combat style before I even reach 95 Slayer probably

However, if you hate Slayer and don't care to level it, feel free to train elsewhere and enjoy the better xp-rate and drops.

slayer doesn't really suck. you either love it or hate it. since the black mask for range is coming out soon, i'm hoping it will be revitalized.

71 slayer is quite high for 91 combat so i'm no noob to slayer :o

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

71 slayer is quite high for 91 combat so i'm no noob to slayer

yeah it is. i was 80 slayer at 91 cmb

and wat was said above is true. just cause u have "high slayer" for your cmb doesnt mean anything.

also if u class that as high, u are as bad as jagex and there new bs monster that has a "high slayer lvl req" to kill. 78 is [cabbage]. fill the real gap imo