tif mods?

shooterbob7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always respect a writer when they use correct spelling, puncuation and grammar. If I find lots of technical mistakes then for me the piece just loses credibility.

I've never used the spell check function on FireFox, it never even crosses my mind.

Without (hopefully) sounding like I'm boasting, I've always had a good command of my language and I'd say I have a pretty sophisticated style.

Things like typos don't really bother me too much, that just shows laziness if there are loads.

I have the odd typo, but that's usually because I rush it. I always try to quickly scan my text before I submit it.

Full grammatical errors however always catch my eye, because you can't accidentally make them.

It's your knowledge of how the language works. Of course I know some people don't like to write or were never fully taught it, but still. I guess I'm just a perfectionist (read:grammar nazi).

tl;dr

Nah, totally agree with you. I usually end up skipping posts that show almost no effort towards spelling and/or grammar.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

Tip.It's Moderators are chosen because they are eloquent, diplomatic, amicable and ratiocinative.

We're also a pulchritudinous bunch.

and they use BIG words

I think you mean to say the tip.it mods are grandiloquent.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Tip.It's Moderators are chosen because they are eloquent, diplomatic, amicable and ratiocinative.

and they use BIG words

What if someone has hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (fear of long words)? :?

j0xPu5R.png

Liek oh my god do you ralely wnana raed smtnoheig liek tihs 24/7? Not me! :lol:

When I first started on staff, I had a lot of people ask me how old I was because the way I typed was like "50." :roll: However, with official communications, I like to try to use proper language to try to get the message across.

Even posting on the forums on informal stuff I still like to try to spell things properly and keep it as simple as possible. Last thing I need is some weird out of context quoting. o_O'

But if you guys really want me to use a big word right now:

SUPER­CALI­FRAGI­LISTIC­EXPI­ALI­DOCIOUS!!!!! :lol:

But if you guys really want me to use a big word right now:

SUPER­CALI­FRAGI­LISTIC­EXPI­ALI­DOCIOUS!!!!! :lol:

[hide=]1,185 letters.

ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­ALANYL­SERINE = Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.

This word has appeared in the American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstracts and is thus considered by some to be the longest real word.

[/hide]

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

and they use BIG words

Big words get redundent after a while.

If you tire of our complex vernacular, I'd reconcile that you partake in a prolonged absence of said medium.

and they use BIG words

If you (wheel) of our complex (binoculars), I'd (re-conceal) that you (take part of) a prolonged absence (as said by Joe)

Lol wut?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

and they use BIG words

If you (wheel) of our complex (binoculars), I'd (re-conceal) that you (take part of) a prolonged absence (as said by Joe)

Lol wut?

Tire - to reduce or exhaust the strength of, as by exertion; make weary; fatigue

Vernacular - expressed or written in the native language of a place, as literary works

Reconcile - to cause (a person) to accept or be resigned to something not desired

Partake - to take or have a part or share along with others; participate

I c wat u did thar :twss:

pulchritudinous:

adj.

Characterized by or having great physical beauty and appeal.

ftw.

w0ulD y00 pr3f3r w3 t41k l1k3 d1s? :roll:

Tip.it is a community with a diverse age range and your opinion that someone else's vocabulary is very complex may not mean its complex to them, but the norm.

+1 ye oi deff agree with dis bloke 'ere right. 'E knows 'is stuff, init. Don't know wha' der rest of dem tip.it mods are on 'bout 'alf the time. I jus' zone out when we got dem borin' meetings an' stuff.

Cor' blimey!

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

um..why do tif mods talk all sophisticated? :thumbdown: like i heard the word thus once, no one uses that anymore lol. :shame:
On the contrary, I hear the word 'thus' on a daily basis.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

um..why do tif mods talk all sophisticated? :thumbdown: like i heard the word thus once, no one uses that anymore lol. :shame:

Wtf? seriously wtf?

Ot: Its because to become a Tif mod, i'm told, you need an oxford standard(or higher) degree in English lang. I'm pretty sure thats true, also you need at least three webbed toes and to have been raised by wolves, ...or bears, or both. Past employment in a circus also helps.

If my account gets locked, you all know why...., the truth must be known

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.