October 15th 2008 - PVP Worlds + Game Log In Improvements

darkjab

Hmm, well, I'm going off the part Jagex said that IF a player can attack you then you can attack them. So, a 137 can attack you, so you can attack him.

Now, this has to be tested out. If not, it opens the door for the higher level to have first strike against an unsuspecting target.

If a 137 could get onto a f2p world the only place they could kill me would be at lvl 1 Wildy and beyond. As far as I've seen for f2p no where in the map boosts the level ranges. So yeah, in a p2p or wildy situation chances are that a level 137 could jump me and pwn me a round in advance probably.

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said earlier about it being only melee, and this might just be me being an idiot, but when I logged in earlier, on the log in screen, it looked like one of them was wearing a blue robin hat =/

But like I said, it's probably me being half-blind or something.

no it is a blue robin to me :o

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Hmm, well, I'm going off the part Jagex said that IF a player can attack you then you can attack them. So, a 137 can attack you, so you can attack him.

Now, this has to be tested out. If not, it opens the door for the higher level to have first strike against an unsuspecting target.

If a 137 could get onto a f2p world the only place they could kill me would be at lvl 1 Wildy and beyond. As far as I've seen for f2p no where in the map boosts the level ranges. So yeah, in a p2p or wildy situation chances are that a level 137 could jump me and pwn me a round in advance probably.

Actually, does the combat range HUD alter as you go up the wilderness?

Ok, I think it may be time for a bug report if Jagex is giving players a combat range indicator that does not fully reflect who you can attack. Of course, I don't know if it's a bug yet. Any one find out yet?

Dark Jab, you can attack 102's. So ask a 102 what his combat range is showing. Then do a fake combat if able (and you feel like wasting a few minutes). Darn this not being able to log on.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Hmmm just tried the new PvP. Its pretty cool. Did not get any kills, the players ran into the bank not leaving me enough time to PK him. Was fun though. Im guessing that myt stats arent anywhere near what it should be for PK. Probably wont get any kills soon, but its a great update!

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Actually, does the combat range HUD alter as you go up the wilderness?

Ok, I think it may be time for a bug report if Jagex is giving players a combat range indicator that does not fully reflect who you can attack. Of course, I don't know if it's a bug yet. Any one find out yet?

Dark Jab, you can attack 102's. So ask a 102 what his combat range is showing. Then do a fake combat if able (and you feel like wasting a few minutes). Darn this not being able to log on.

Yes it does alter the further you go into the wildy, I was with a level 92 and she stopped following me as she was getting closer to my combat range :lol:

It isn't a bug as far as I'm aware, it's said somewhere on the PvP World knowledge base guide, perhaps it is determined via decimals rather than whole numbers.

Dark_Jab.png

I'm gonna have fun trying to even LOOK for someone to attack and kill. :lol: Experiences on BH suggests that this will be a difficult task. :cry:

Still it looks like we're gonna have some fun here. :twisted: I can see it now: Epic clan wars in the middle of the great cities!

Or better yet, CABBAGE PATCH WARS! :shock:

I always get a laugh out of the "Safer" "nuub" "gtfo safer". I didn't die once and I got 20 kills, I must be one hell of a noob!

If they were so secure themselves, they wouldn't be fighting on the border of a safe zone they can just pop into when times are getting bad for them. ;)

In the ancient days of RuneScape, several great warriors walked the land. With all of the bloodshed in the PvP worlds, their equipment is heeding the call and returning to the surface...

These items all come in two states - one with full requirements that will last an hour of combat; the other with level 20 requirements that will last only fifteen minutes.

Hmm, wonder if these items can be repaired like barrows? Looking at the GE prices I don't know anyone rich enough to spend 10m for 1 hour of combat to increase their max hit by 1. :oops: Probably wouldn't use them in PVP worlds either due to lasting such a short period of time.

My clan's Homeworld just got owned. :( PVP now lol.

imagangster.png

Pretty awesome, Didn't know you coulden't get torso back though, Just lost it and some other stuff from a PJer XD.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

In the ancient days of RuneScape, several great warriors walked the land. With all of the bloodshed in the PvP worlds, their equipment is heeding the call and returning to the surface...

These items all come in two states - one with full requirements that will last an hour of combat; the other with level 20 requirements that will last only fifteen minutes.

Hmm, wonder if these items can be repaired like barrows? Looking at the GE prices I don't know anyone rich enough to spend 10m for 1 hour of combat to increase their max hit by 1. :oops: Probably wouldn't use them in PVP worlds either due to lasting such a short period of time.

Highly doubt they can be repaired... But look at it this way. Now with D scimi, Rune berserker and full Dragon your max hit should be raised by 2 or 3 in F2P. Meaning you can now hit about 29 or so with a cimi using pots and prayer at lvl 99str. IMO this rocks. Hitting 29's so fast its hard to keep oup with the eating. i would spend 100k for 15 minutes of this....surely getting it all back and MUCH MUCH MORE

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Pretty awesome, Didn't know you coulden't get torso back though, Just lost it and some other stuff from a PJer XD.

I got killed by a PJer in fally, died and then ran to fally bank, got a Fally Tele and WHAM!!! my stuff was still outside the bank.....

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

My clan's Homeworld just got owned. :( PVP now lol.

Looks to be two versions of each set. So there is a Corrupt set available (although with a shorter time span).

If you have access to that armour personally then perhaps you should also be obtaining better loot which could pay for them in the long run.

Dark_Jab.png

I kind of wish the rewards lasted longer than 30 minutes or whatever, then I might be bothered enough to log onto a pvp world.

Wait, what? Do all of the rewards just last for 30minutes? Even the ones in P2P?

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

I kind of wish the rewards lasted longer than 30 minutes or whatever, then I might be bothered enough to log onto a pvp world.

Wait, what? Do all of the rewards just last for 30minutes? Even the ones in P2P?

The high level armors last an hour of combat, unless you get the corrupt version, which has low requirements and last 20 minutes.

Very interesting that they degrade.