Attitude from Pkers

benar

I haven't done a huge amount of pking in my days, not since RSC, but with the release of PvP worlds, I'm getting on the bandwagon. For now, I'm sticking to f2p pking because there are a lot less stressing variables in opponents, such as those nasty crossbow attacks w/ binding, and super-potted-up players.

I just have a huge problem with the attitude I'm getting from other pkers. I've gone to attack many different people in all different places, and they proceed in calling me a noob, etc. Really though? They're complaining? Ok, the POINT of PvP is to KILL. I mean, if you say off, then I'll get off, but don't get all pissy and disrespectful because I'm just doing what everybody is there on that world to do... like I'm going to waltz around in all the chaos and ask people for a fight. Thats not what the wilderness was about. You attack whoever you want and you kill them.

What is it with the attitude?

picture7eo0.png

It's something that doesn't help the community image anyway. But it's generally how it is with much of anything in regards to player vs player - anything from RuneScape to FPS's. Combine anonymity with direct, fast-paced, and typically aggressive competition for basically anything and this is what you get in some people. :|

dullvw0.jpg

It's something that doesn't help the community image anyway. But it's generally how it is with much of anything in regards to player vs player - anything from RuneScape to FPS's. Combine anonymity with direct, fast-paced, and typically aggressive competition for basically anything and this is what you get in some people. :|
What's helpful is that on WoW and I believe WAR, communication between the sides cannot happen. So no insults except in duels!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Runescape is stereotypically and factually played by 11-13 year old fat-assed nerds who have no real life friends, so they resort to insulting people in a game with ironically nerdy insults in an attempt to either seem cool to their own "kind" or make themselves feel better about their physical, social, and in-game shortcomings.

I think PKing is just stupid. :D

That's deep.

Just kill em. If you're there to fight, I say you fight. Wtf is this "off" crap? I see somebody within my level and I think I got a good chance to kill em I go for it, "off" or no "off"! :twisted:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

The PKers are back.

:shock:.... :o Run for your lives!!!!!!!

Seriously though Pkers have a reputation for having attitude problems, (not saying thats fair or unfair) and if you look it really wont take long for someone to live up to that,

Tbh once a competative aspect is brought into the game i find people start getting irratable and irritating very quickly,

PKing is the mother of them,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I player killed a player at level 72 (my first player kill with new PVP) and I used protect prayers and we had a nice chat and he didnt shout "EATING NOOB WITH PROTECT PRAYERS!!!" he didnt mind when I killed him. So I havnt encountered a player killer of that type yet.

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

The PKers are back.

Well shoot, that sums it up. The PKers are back, so their idea of a "perfect" PK where they win and you don't returns too.

I'm going to sit back and pray for an update to severely hobble players like that.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

next time i get asked to no armour in pvp worlds......

:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

pkers in general had some issue with calling anyone they didnt want to face, a noob or something. just remember that they are trying to compensate for their short comings down below :lol:

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

The PKers are back.

Well shoot, that sums it up. The PKers are back, so their idea of a "perfect" PK where they win and you don't returns too.

I'm going to sit back and pray for an update to severely hobble players like that.

So your idea of a perfect pk is for you to lose and for the person you attacked to win?

The PKers are back.

So your idea of a perfect pk is for you to lose and for the person you attacked to win?

I don't think you quite caught my point.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

The PKers are back.

I know what you said, you don't know what you said.

The PKers are back.

:shock:.... :o Run for your lives!!!!!!!

Seriously though Pkers have a reputation for having attitude problems, (not saying thats fair or unfair) and if you look it really wont take long for someone to live up to that,

Tbh once a competative aspect is brought into the game i find people start getting irratable and irritating very quickly,

PKing is the mother of them,

pkers whine. there is a general fact.

they whine because you fight in a way that they dont and they basicly want "phr33 l00ts" off of you, and when they whine they dont get it

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

The PKers are back.

Basically, this...

they whine because you fight in a way that they dont and they basicly want "phr33 l00ts" off of you, and when they whine they dont get it

...was my point. You didn't quite see the implied fact that PKers will happily whine about anything that doesn't go their way, which was what I was getting at the entire time.

s1L0U.jpg

The PKers are back.

Basically, this...

...was my point. You didn't quite see the implied fact that PKers will happily whine about anything that doesn't go their way, which was what I was getting at the entire time.

You still don't know what you're saying. You accused pkers of wanting easy pks - when the pker is not using the very same things they don't want you to use. The pker isn't turning on protect melee and saying "OMG I'm the only one allowed to use this, turn yours off prayer noob!"

I don't see how it's an advantage for the pker, other than not using prayer generally makes the best player win. By leaving off prayer, the odds of dieing in an encounter are around 35% by ko, turn on prayer, and NEITHER party is going to die in 95% of fights.

And don't [cabbage] about how "but my combat is based on prayer, unlike ___ the pure!". Pures are a dieing breed. Pures always have prayer. And even the average impure pker, like me, don't use protects unless forced to by the other person. Our combat is raised just as much as yours by prayer.

So please, just stop regurgitating the same old arguments that every skiller has spewed across the boards since they started and get something original.

The PKers are back.

Basically, this...

You still don't know what you're saying. You accused pkers of wanting easy pks - when the pker is not using the very same things they don't want you to use. The pker isn't turning on protect melee and saying "OMG I'm the only one allowed to use this, turn yours off prayer noob!"

I don't see how it's an advantage for the pker, other than not using prayer generally makes the best player win. By leaving off prayer, the odds of dieing in an encounter are around 35% by ko, turn on prayer, and NEITHER party is going to die in 95% of fights.

And don't [cabbage] about how "but my combat is based on prayer, unlike ___ the pure!". Pures are a dieing breed. Pures always have prayer. And even the average impure pker, like me, don't use protects unless forced to by the other person. Our combat is raised just as much as yours by prayer.

So please, just stop regurgitating the same old arguments that every skiller has spewed across the boards since they started and get something original.

Here Here! I may be naught but a skiller, but I can see how very frustrating having a battle drug out with neither side winning. Its as if monsters used protect prayers as well- who would like having to have to wait for their prayer to drain just to kill a lowly fire giant?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

u kno this is the attitude of runesapers overall. im not sayin how every rs guy acts im sayin most. even in clan wars, if they do nothing but 0s the call u a def noob, if u hit them 3 times in a row ur an attk noob, u hit a 22 ur a str noob, u mage ur a maging noob, etc. cmon ppl u came for a challenge if u dont want us to have attk, str, or def go to the chiken coops! GOT DAMNIT ppl this is why other gamers look at runescapers and laugh its cuz of our crappy [wagon] atitude fix it ppl! :x

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

u kno this is the attitude of runesapers overall. im not sayin how every rs guy acts im sayin most. even in clan wars, if they do nothing but 0s the call u a def noob, if u hit them 3 times in a row ur an attk noob, u hit a 22 ur a str noob, u mage ur a maging noob, etc. cmon ppl u came for a challenge if u dont want us to have attk, str, or def go to the chiken coops! GOT DAMNIT ppl this is why other gamers look at runescapers and laugh its cuz of our crappy [wagon] atitude fix it ppl! :x

True, but unfortunately, one person can't change the minds of a million kids.

It's just not that easy. Now, if you had some cookies, THEN we'd be talking... =P~

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

True, but unfortunately, one person can't change the minds of a million kids.

It's just not that easy. Now, if you had some cookies, THEN we'd be talking... =P~

I have some cookies

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

wat do u expect. other pkers rnt ur friends, they r the enemy. its not safe fighting with ur friends or skilling. this is one on one madness! they r looking to upset u in every way possible. in fact that is wat they wanted u to do. post a rant about them :twisted:

its pking. think of it as a contact sport. ur opponent is usually an aggressive type. he will look at anything to put u down. however u will get angry and kick him. its different in pvp.

if it really bothers u then just have chat on hide.