Do people realize...

compfreak847

That how much your opponent loses in PVP has NOTHING to do with the drops you get? I see people saying 'dood, i killed some guy skulled with full veracs and got 20k then i killed a 1 itemer with wip and got 1m'.

Note that if you risk significantly more than 75,000 coins in items, your drops will not improve further, nor will they improve if your opponent loses 25 million coins' worth of items - the values are minimum boundaries.

As long as your opponent loses 75k or more, your drops have nothing to do with what you get - it all has to do with your time in a hot spot etc, NOT what your opponent loses!

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

To answer your question - yes, some people realize this, but most of the RSOF won't.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

No, they don't. Did you read the entire thing? My quote is taken from that post. When Mod Benny is talking about your 'opponents drop value', he means that as long as your opponent loses over 25k, you will get better drops. But the values are MINIMUM BOUNDARIES.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

No, they don't. Did you read the entire thing? My quote is taken from that post. When Mod Benny is talking about your 'opponents drop value', he means that as long as your opponent loses over 25k, you will get better drops. But the values are MINIMUM BOUNDARIES.

Yes, if I kill someone with a dds, and he's skulled and the dds is in some strange way worth 75k, I'll have a high chance of getting a good drop. But if he wears full bandos, and he loses that, then I'll still have the same chance as with the strange dds.

2j3qh46.jpg

It's why attacking anyone is worthwhile now.

To be honest you have an entire playing field now, instead of just that 2 or 3 people who have 'good' armour on. Now you have thousands to choose from, not just 20 or so in a world. And best of all those thousands can drop things that those thousands couldn't ever afford!

Win - Win.

To be honest you have an entire playing field now, instead of just that 2 or 3 people who have 'good' armour on. Now you have thousands to choose from, not just 20 or so in a world. And best of all those thousands can drop things that those thousands couldn't ever afford!

Win - Win.

I disagree. Say you were to kill someone wearing the best of the best PK gear. You would get no more reward than someone with a DDS and full rune. Is that really fair?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Win - Win.

I disagree. Say you were to kill someone wearing the best of the best PK gear. You would get no more reward than someone with a DDS and full rune. Is that really fair?

His point was that you don't have to wait for a certain target anymore. You can just jump in and start massacring everyone, and it's a good strategy to do so. This time, PKing is based more around having fun.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Win - Win.

His point was that you don't have to wait for a certain target anymore. You can just jump in and start massacring everyone, and it's a good strategy to do so. This time, PKing is based more around having fun.

Ahh. But didn't PKers often kill random people in the Wildy who would NOT have good drops? Treasure Trailers, Dragon Slayers, Runite miners, they would not, except for the latter, usually have good drops.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Hmm... If the drops are supposed to be decided by the impressiveness of the skill, yet they want to discourage rwt by not basing the drops off the value of the armor, couldn't there be a compromise of the equipment bonuses factoring into the drop? That way if your opponent is difficult to kill due to some really good armor, and you kill them, you'll be rewarded for your efforts, whether it was expensive armor or just a well-made patchwork of different armor sets.

Owner of quest cape since December of 2006

wherzwaldo1.png

No, the amount you lose DOES AFFECT THE LOOT.

The amount you risk past 75k DOES NOT AFFECT THE LOOT.

(You misunderstood the quote)

This...

Note that if you risk significantly more than 75,000 coins in items, your drops will not improve further, nor will they improve if your opponent loses 25 million coins' worth of items - the values are minimum boundaries.

Seems to contradict your first statement.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

nor will they improve if your opponent loses 25 million coins' worth of items - the values are minimum boundaries.

Seems pretty clear to me...

DeviledEgg24.png

hey here's me

not caring

i hated pvp when the wilderness was around

and i still hate it now

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

hey here's me

not caring

and i still hate it now

Yes, thankyou for your wise and insightful input. It was greatly appreciated.

Anyway, unfortunately, most RS players tend to not listen to facts and truths, and just do their own thing. By the way, just a question, if a guy is 1-iteming with a whip for example and dies with protect item on, does it count as him risking the 1m (or whatever it is that whips are worth these days) or 0gp?

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

hey here's me

not caring

and i still hate it now

Anyway, unfortunately, most RS players tend to not listen to facts and truths, and just do their own thing. By the way, just a question, if a guy is 1-iteming with a whip for example and dies with protect item on, does it count as him risking the 1m (or whatever it is that whips are worth these days) or 0gp?

actually i think what you're risking is the value it tells you when you log in

lulz i just went to fally with 3 items and these same two guys just kept coming back for more

i killed each of them like 10 times

no useful drops

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

hey here's me

not caring

and i still hate it now

actually i think what you're risking is the value it tells you when you log in

lulz i just went to fally with 3 items and these same two guys just kept coming back for more

i killed each of them like 10 times

no useful drops

To answer the Whip question, anything that you keep on death is not counted towards your 75k.

In regards to Mag, if you kill the same people over and over again, your chance of good loot decreases.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Hmm... If the drops are supposed to be decided by the impressiveness of the skill, yet they want to discourage rwt by not basing the drops off the value of the armor, couldn't there be a compromise of the equipment bonuses factoring into the drop? That way if your opponent is difficult to kill due to some really good armor, and you kill them, you'll be rewarded for your efforts, whether it was expensive armor or just a well-made patchwork of different armor sets.

You make a great point. It's not so much that the value of the items increase the drop, it's that the opponent is going to be harder (and therefore more impressive) to kill because they will dish out more damage etc.

So, a RWTer could bring in millions worth of items, but if he/she doesn't resist and utilise those items, the value doesn't get transferred.

Wow, Jagex's system is very good.

Moral of the story, don't bring expensive items for their value, bring them to deal more damage and PK better. Whatever you do, don't bring more expensive counterparts to items if they aren't better stats-wise, such as trimmed armour.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

nor will they improve if your opponent loses 25 million coins' worth of items - the values are minimum boundaries.

Seems pretty clear to me...

They really should not have said 'minimum boundries' because the RSOF just can't grasp this. The mods statement is actualy a contradiction because he states that risking more than 75k has no more effect than risking just 75k. Mathmaticly I would think that is a maxmimum. He might have been thinking minimum to get full chance of good drop and boundry because going above 75k changes nothing.

In case no one else realized, that is relevant to only generated loot. You can get a portion of their loot as well.

For example, assuming all else remains the same,

You killed someone with a dragon dagger and 3 rune scimitars, skulled. It assumes he protects dagger, and 3 scimitars > 25k. You get the maximum drop possible. Let's say your luck was mediocre and you get a Black Mystic Robe Top. You also have a small chance of getting one of his rune scimitars.

You kill someone with full dharoks and ags as well as a karils set + ahrims set + tons of runes, etc. It assumes he protects dagger, and hte rest of his items > 25k. You still get the maximum drop possible. Assuming the luck remains the same, you'll still get the same Black Mystic Robe Top.

However, in the second case, you also have a small chance of getting one of his barrow pieces, or maybe some of his runes.

So while killing someone with 50k risk and killing someone with 5000k risk will usually get you about the same rewards, if you're lucky enough to get one of their dropped items, you will be earning far more on the 5000k kill than the 50k kill.