Snow in october in uk

Fat_Slug

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute.Global WARMING making it cold.That's not supposed to happen till the ice caps melt.

Didnt you know? Global warming is making the rest of the world warmer, yet because of the UK's position its actually going to make us colder. Or something to that description, I cant remember exactly. Shows where our luck is.

All I got was some bloody hail when I took my dog for a walk. Proper sized ones, too. Stuff hurts, man.

If I remember correctly the Gulf will become colder due to it's position in the global wind pattern, then the Jet stream no longer exists and we end up with winter / summer conditions quite like New York / Chicago I think.

It's been freezing in Ireland lately for this time of year. Normally it would be overcast, rainy and some slight winds with temperatures about 10 - 14 degrees centigrade. Now it's constantly no clouds, cold winds, some rain and cold temperatures about 3 - 7 degrees centigrade.

Snow. Well, nothing new here considering I live in Canada... :lol:

I always laugh when I think of Canadian weather because it reminds me of how stupid Scottish people can be. Who in their right minds would leave one cold country like mine to go and emigrate to an even colder country like Canada, they must have been mad lol.

I'll never make the same mistake that so many of my former countrymen made, once I win the lottery I'm going to follow the sunny weather...although with global warming I'm not too sure where that will be.

Obviously you've never been to the southern parts of Canada in the summer. It can actually get pretty nice and hot there. Also, in Canada it's more dry cold than wet cold, so you get much better snow.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I always laugh when I think of Canadian weather because it reminds me of how stupid Scottish people can be. Who in their right minds would leave one cold country like mine to go and emigrate to an even colder country like Canada, they must have been mad lol.

Canada isn't cold, just wet...which makes it torture. But we're not cold. honestly if you don't live within the Great Lakes (Or any lake that can have an influence in the moisture), you have nothing to complain about, about cold, lol.

Why don't we have a proper global warming topic here to know what's the latest. Like it didn't exist anymore or if it was under control already, with you all being so quiet about it, as if it was a joke or a swear word.

Raining water in Finland, one week straight ( :^o )

Canada isn't cold, just wet...which makes it torture. But we're not cold. honestly if you don't live within the Great Lakes (Or any lake that can have an influence in the moisture), you have nothing to complain about, about cold, lol.

Maybe my perception was wrong then, I always thought of Canada as snowy and cold (stereotypically). I always had an image of Scottish people getting off the boat in Canada in a snowdrift lol. I'm presuming that it is cold in the more Northern areas though right?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Yeah, here in Milton Keynes, it was snowing, I thought it was going to start snowing because it got really dark at about 4 O'clock in the afternoon yesterday. I love snow <3:

My bro was telling me about the snow... Lucky he had a girlfriend to keep him warm :P

Luck be a Lady

Maybe my perception was wrong then, I always thought of Canada as snowy and cold (stereotypically). I always had an image of Scottish people getting off the boat in Canada in a snowdrift lol. I'm presuming that it is cold in the more Northern areas though right?

I'll take pics for you if you want. It snowed today.

Umm, where the hell in Canada do you live skatedog? Canada is cold, everywhere. I personally live in Montreal, it's right next to the american border, about as south as it gets. In winter we get tons of snow, tons of wind, tons of ice, and it's basically hell from december to the end of march. It's next to water, so it's very moist, but its also less cold because moisture acts as an equalizer in temperature: summers are less hot, and winters are less cold. In places like Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, the weather is continental, meaning the summers are hotter, and dry, and the winters are dry, and even more cold than in Montreal. And montreal is already hell temperature-wise, so I don't see. Vancouver might be a little less cold, but apart from that, I don't see why you think Canada is not cold >.> Fake canadian D:<

2480+ total

It's already snowing here in Canada, around now (late October) is the time which snowfall arrives. Nothing odd or out of place. It is after all almost December so I don't know why everyone is surprised.

Weather fluctuates. Sure global warming can be a factor, but has anyone else ever considered that before there were long periods of either heat/cold for an extended part of the year? You would be surprised by the strength and endurance of planet Earth, it's not something we can rip apart in one decade.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Eh, I hate cold weather. We got a bit of snow here (Iowa) the other day but it melted within an hour or so later. We normally don't start getting snow here for about another month and I'm dreading it. Waking up early to shovel my driveway is not fun..

Northern Iowa I'm guessing?

Down here we got some flurries one night, but that's about it. Nothing that out of the ordinary here. We usually get the least of the snow anyways, or ice. But last year we had blowing snow, making rather large drifts for the amount of snow we got. That stuff didn't melt for a while.

Shaniqua.png

Umm, where the hell in Canada do you live skatedog? Canada is cold, everywhere. I personally live in Montreal, it's right next to the american border, about as south as it gets. In winter we get tons of snow, tons of wind, tons of ice, and it's basically hell from december to the end of march. It's next to water, so it's very moist, but its also less cold because moisture acts as an equalizer in temperature: summers are less hot, and winters are less cold. In places like Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, the weather is continental, meaning the summers are hotter, and dry, and the winters are dry, and even more cold than in Montreal. And montreal is already hell temperature-wise, so I don't see. Vancouver might be a little less cold, but apart from that, I don't see why you think Canada is not cold >.> Fake canadian D:<

2 hours or so away from Toronto, right under Lake Ontario in the escarpment if anyone knows about that.

Canada isn't that cold or how people make it out to be. Quebec and the northern territories are of course cold. But Ontario is the warmest, which is where I live and Toronto is apparently the largest city is, so Canada is technically not cold. Canada is cold from October to the end of March with snow. I was just making a joke about our weather around the Great Lakes. I wasn't speaking of all of the geo of Canada, but more or less around Toronto, near the lakes. The great lakes put moisture out which makes it even colder than it will become in Alberta/Manitoba. We won't get as much snow, but it will be colder here in Ontario.

-15 in Manitoba is like -25 in Southern Ontario because of the lakes (Not wind chill). That's what I'm getting at, and saying why Canada isn't cold. I was hoping people wouldn't take my Canada as in all of Canada but as in the Great Lakes area, where almost(is it 1/3s or 2/3s now?) everyone lives anyways.

Yea it's a very bad joke/pun/regional hilarity, but I laughed, so it worked. -.-

Fake Canadian? Pfft.

One week? That's nothing lol... we just passed the one month mark a couple day ago. Yep, over one month straight with precipitation each day. It sucks.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

One week? That's nothing lol... we just passed the one month mark a couple day ago. Yep, over one month straight with precipitation each day. It sucks.

We apparently had it lasting 40 days earlier this year in the summer, luckily I was in sunny Australia at the time :mrgreen:

sig2ho7.jpg

We apparently had it lasting 40 days earlier this year in the summer, luckily I was in sunny Australia at the time :mrgreen:

Lucky you. :D

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Well, had some snow here in Oxford but only a lame amount so far, a huge amount would be great because my college looks beautiful in the snow.

[hide=]college1ib1.jpg Mansfield by snow

college2ab4.jpg and the lake :)[/hide]

Pretty snow pictures contest time ::'

Pretty snow pictures contest time ::'

You're on... now just let me get some snow. :P

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

the skifields just closed in nz

and it snowed recently near me

nz and the uk are on opposite ends of the earth, how could they both snow simultaneously, thats pretty wierd

Well it was just winter here, so it was just summer there, so I suppose if it snows a few weeks after summer there, and a few weeks after winter here it can snow in both places.

Btw where in NZ?

Doomy edit: I like sheep