Snow in october in uk

Fat_Slug

Global warming? or just a freak chance?

Here in birmingham, uk (middle of the country) we have had snow all afternoon with it settling late afternoon.

snowbike.jpg

Now under normal conditions we don't tend to get snow in this part of the world untill late january, early feb.

This is 3 months early.

Surely this is completely wrong....

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, Virginia has a forecast for a snow shower tomorrow, too. All I can say? Sweetness.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Global warming? or just a freak chance?

Cute.Global WARMING making it cold.That's not supposed to happen till the ice caps melt.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Cute.Global WARMING making it cold.That's not supposed to happen till the ice caps melt.

Didnt you know? Global warming is making the rest of the world warmer, yet because of the UK's position its actually going to make us colder. Or something to that description, I cant remember exactly. Shows where our luck is.

All I got was some bloody hail when I took my dog for a walk. Proper sized ones, too. Stuff hurts, man.

knkcopy.jpg

Didnt you know? Global warming is making the rest of the world warmer, yet because of the UK's position its actually going to make us colder. Or something to that description, I cant remember exactly. Shows where our luck is.

All I got was some bloody hail when I took my dog for a walk. Proper sized ones, too. Stuff hurts, man.

What? Now people are saying 'Global Warming' when the temperature is increasing and decreasing? We can't win. :cry:

Actually, if what you say is true, we should be chucking out some more emissions, the previous few winters have been boring and snow has been a rare sight. Bring on the white flaky cold stuff!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Bah all I know of it is that the ice caps melt,flood the Earth and freeze,causing Ice Age II.All this crap from Day After Tomorrow of course.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

What? Now people are saying 'Global Warming' when the temperature is increasing and decreasing? We can't win. :cry:

Actually, if what you say is true, we should be chucking out some more emissions, the previous few winters have been boring and snow has been a rare sight. Bring on the white flaky cold stuff!

Bah all I know of it is that the ice caps melt,flood the Earth and freeze,causing Ice Age II.All this crap from Day After Tomorrow of course.

If I remember correctly its because of our position in relation to the jet stream. Essentially its taking all the cold from the rest of the world and depositing on us. However, I may be wrong and soon be corrected. [because if its going to deposit it to us, why not other places along the stream which have similiar circumstances?]

Though a lot of the UK will probably be flooded and therefore colder anyway.

knkcopy.jpg

Yes, and a Mammoth, a Sloth, and a Sabre-toothed Tiger will save all the animals from the flooding, leaving the humans to die. Of course it will happen.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Pssh, you haven't seen hail until you've lived in the Texas Panhandle.

Yes, and a Mammoth, a Sloth, and a Sabre-toothed Tiger will save all the animals from the flooding, leaving the humans to die. Of course it will happen.

Someone's movie comprehension skills are lacking. They saved a baby.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Someone's movie comprehension skills are lacking. They saved a baby.

Ok, almost all the humans. Whatever. :|

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah, they say the east of Canada and Europe might get in a kind of snow age because of the global warming, that's true.

Here in atlantic Canada, we already had 30cms of snow a few days ago, although it all melted, but they announce more for thursday and friday.

Quite weird, 2 years ago we didn't have snow till the end of December, then last year we had 5 meters of snow, and they say this year we're going to have 2 meters more snow (one big storm + a small storm each week, of course there was some melting between them) than last year, I wonder if it's true, and if it is, what an old fashioned winter we will have lol.

Ha, Virginia has a forecast for a snow shower tomorrow, too. All I can say? Sweetness.

:shock: Do you live in Virginia also? That's pretty epic. Represent the 757 is all I gotta say.

But yea, here in VA Beach, it goes from boiling hot one day, to extremely cold the next. Infact, a looooooong time ago, it was so warm on Christmas Eve, we all went outside to the park, then on Christmas day, it snowed. One of only like 5 Christmas' I rememeber it snowing.

But uhhh.... I wish I was there. I love it after a snow storm, and the sky at night is orange, it's so cool. But it never snows here.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Yeah, it was hailing down here on the east Norfolk coast. I also happened to be outisde at the time. D:

And I did hear about it making us colder somewhere, can't remember where though. ><

It wouldn't be too surprising if it snowed here (Massachusetts) now. There was a big rain storm earlier, and if it was a tad colder, it probably would've been snow. (I have a newspaper clipping of the first snowfall from a few years ago, it was October 21)

I hate snow + cold weather though. I mean, we get school off if it's bad enough...But I'd rather have a longer summer vacation.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

my IMO: I really hate cold weather it's so annoying, what's so special about cold wheater?

Um. It's AWESOME?

In the summer I have to face daily 105+ degrees, in one of the driest places on the planet. I love a little cold (well, a lot...). At least cold and dry is a lot less annoying. No more sandstorms either.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

:shock: Do you live in Virginia also? That's pretty epic. Represent the 757 is all I gotta say.

Count me in on Virginia too. In Stafford all we are suppost to get is some flakes, nothing accumlating. Sucks here it seems like everywhere around us always gets more snow. We get sleet, they get snow, we get an inch, they get five. :wall:

Yeah, it was hailing down here on the east Norfolk coast. I also happened to be outisde at the time. D:

And I did hear about it making us colder somewhere, can't remember where though. ><

The hail must have missed me, it was just really cold away from the coast. Apparently it's going to get colder this week as well. :anxious:

~ W ~

sigzi.png