Fallout 3

Necromagus

Anyone get the Pitt? Took me the few hours after getting it after school, but it was actually pretty fun! I wouldn't say its worth ten dollars because of some bugs, but the weapons and the city is pretty extensive for my standards. But then again, I set my standards to low until Broken Steel. :lol: (Plus the mod I'm making)

Looks like they pulled it from the LIVE store, so it won't be up for the 360 users for some time.

I was looking for it on LIVE. Any word on when it'll be back? I wants it nao!!!

Since the .esm or one of the .bsa's were critically corrupt, they might not come back with it 'till tomorrow. If not then, then tonight. It should be back by tomorrow though. Thats my belief.

What's the mod you're making?

My friends and I, combined with a team of many, many other people, a secluded recording area, 3DS Max programs, scripters, and an extensive storyline, we're recreating New York. :D

The name itself is in development, but the obvious name for it at the moment is Fallout: New York. We're going to do the entire New York area, so its going to take a while. We'll have beta's and stuff as well. It's basically WIP stages, and we're going to release some teasers as well.

I believe it will be fun. With the content that is in it, I think people will enjoy themselves, like new simulations and full voice acting. Plus characters based off of my real life friends and stuff. I fact, we have a lot of the land done, plus new weapons and such.

I guess I'll post the features and stuff later on this thread, or a separate one. Whichever is more convenient, if people are interested. :)

In your mod i think you should have it where mutants have some how got a subway train to be running again and a quest should be to stop the train before super mutants spread to far.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure not to include buildings with modern architecture. I reckon buildings like the Empire State buildings would be best in place of some of the more modern of today. Remember, it's the 50's.

I think you should consider introducing some sort of massive holdout of humanity. I mean, New York's metropolitan area was the largest in the United States. Subway systems were huge, the buildings were relatively strong. It was a center for the world. Who's to say there isn't an insanely massive war going on there? And there's some great faction hiding somewhere?

That'd be SWEEEEEEEET.

The 50s? What are you talking about? Fallout takes place in the future where 50s stuff came back into style.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Make sure not to include buildings with modern architecture. I reckon buildings like the Empire State buildings would be best in place of some of the more modern of today. Remember, it's the 50's.

I think you should consider introducing some sort of massive holdout of humanity. I mean, New York's metropolitan area was the largest in the United States. Subway systems were huge, the buildings were relatively strong. It was a center for the world. Who's to say there isn't an insanely massive war going on there? And there's some great faction hiding somewhere?

That'd be SWEEEEEEEET.

The 50s? What are you talking about? Fallout takes place in the future where 50s stuff came back into style.

The 50s stuff never went out of style.

That'd be SWEEEEEEEET.

The 50s stuff never went out of style.

To everyone else it did ;)

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

If I'm not mistaken, technology was actually amazing advanced in the Fallout universe's 50's. Or maybe after, but the point is, technology increased at a much faster rate, but many styles and moods were still in the 50's. That's not to say that New York's architecture will have changed a lot from today's styles.

If I'm not mistaken, technology was actually amazing advanced in the Fallout universe's 50's. Or maybe after, but the point is, technology increased at a much faster rate, but many styles and moods were still in the 50's. That's not to say that New York's architecture will have changed a lot from today's styles.

While that may be true, you have to take into consideration of some of the structures in Washington in the game. Take the museum of technology, for instance. That was created in 1979, so even if the Fallout universe was stuck in the '50's vibe, it still had the architecture of today and even more advanced technology than today. Of course, like previous posts, that's not to say that the architectural style is different, which we took into heavy consideration as it is. Everything is in motion as of far.

Now, Lenticular, your post is amazingly and frighteningly accurate to what we planed. You have actually predicted a lot of the ideas that we have included in the story. There is a war. There are massive holdups of humanity, estranged from vaults and forced to take refuge somewhere...underground. ;) However, also remember that the world of Fallout is in the vibe of the '50's. Everyone remember: the government barred out society from the threats of the wars, and kept them under the "nuclear fear" ideal so people would participate in the vault projects. The nuclear family--giving the people new technology--all part of a plan by the big, bad government.

About the architecture again...I found the original mapping, and things like Trump tower aren't there, but we took a logical approach off the idea that the Museum of technology was built despite the '50's vibe, and thus some architecture could still exist...By meaning, even though the '50's vibe existed, our time flowed as normal, and our 2000-2009 and on events happened leading up to the war. Our approach was to include the twin towers, moreover the freedom towers that are under construction now, in their built/nuked forms, plus mentions of the Iraqi war, plus some small mentions in current events. We believe that we can integrate it into the Fallout universe as Bethesda did with some architecture, its just we're taking a historical approach this time :P . The question is how to include the freedom towers into a cool little storyline. Well, we thought about it, and after I assigned projects to everyone, we're creating multiple simulations around the New York wastes, which one is plot critical and some are memorials. The Twin Tower sim is one of the memorials. Our build so far throws you into the day of the plane crashes and you are a fireman in 9/11, saving people in the towers with an axe and a fire extinguisher. Other sims in development are The Revolution, the civil war, World War 1, World War 2, Vietnam, and a sim in tribute to Fallout Van Buren, which is trying to get to a vault before the bombs fall. They're in development, one is plot-critical, and the rest are side- quest with extra storyline.

To integrate events that happened today we believe is a good idea, right TechFreak? Everyone, the noobish poster above is actually the Co-leader/Admin of the mod itself, and was pretending to be someone else until I saw his name and he called, lol.

Anyway. Most current events of pre-war news will be more important (since that is what the current news was), but we want tributes and familiar sights, like Washington D.C. is frighteningly similar to the real one as well. Again, we're going to attempt to take a historical approach, and we'll abandon it if it doesn't work, but so far it works.

Also to be included is new armors, cool new weapons (rad gun anyone? How 'bout a new pip-boy menu and texture? Or how bout a new targeting system outside of VATS...) and of course side-quests and normal quests, bunches of them. This will be massive, and it will be fun. That's what we want, and that's what we'll build. ::'

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

If you're going to include referrences to the Iraq war, then you can also take some creative license. You could make up a whole timeline of events that happened after that as a result of whatever outcome you make up.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

If you're going to include referrences to the Iraq war, then you can also take some creative license. You could make up a whole timeline of events that happened after that as a result of whatever outcome you make up.

That's the idea! Post Iraq war events will be shown in history in the 2010-on. But we want to be sure to be historically accurate to some extent...but the fun part will be the effects in this society and the aftermath. It's in planning nevertheless. :)

Well, maybe I AM SPY?

Anyways. This sounds awesomely massive. I have a feeling Bethesda will hear of this. And like it.

It'd be awesome if they helped you make it for the 360 as well. Because that's the only thing I even have a chance of getting this game on. And since you guys would likely have license to it, you could charge ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Well, maybe I AM SPY?

Anyways. This sounds awesomely massive. I have a feeling Bethesda will hear of this. And like it.

It'd be awesome if they helped you make it for the 360 as well. Because that's the only thing I even have a chance of getting this game on. And since you guys would likely have license to it, you could charge ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.

LOL at the 100 thousand dollar comment. Reminds me of the Garrys mod team. At the moment, though, we aren't exactly focusing on making a profit. We just want to expand the game into something massive. However, if Bethesda did get word of it and wanted to make the 360 version/wanted to make the mod official, it would be an amazing feeling for all of the hard work that we put into it.

Oh, and by the way, we're gonna need beta testers.

Well, maybe I AM SPY?

LOL at the 100 thousand dollar comment. Reminds me of the Garrys mod team. At the moment, though, we aren't exactly focusing on making a profit. We just want to expand the game into something massive. However, if Bethesda did get word of it and wanted to make the 360 version/wanted to make the mod official, it would be an amazing feeling for all of the hard work that we put into it.

Oh, and by the way, we're gonna need beta testers.

I'd do it, but I'm not sure I could run it well on PC :(

If Bethesda catches wind of it and it gets on Xbox, I will FIND YOU, walk up to your house, knock on your door. When you answer you likely will not know it's me, thats alright. At that point, I will reach into my pocket, pull my hand out, hand you a thousand dollars, and hug you. I will be living with you from that point on, learning of your awesome ways.

Then there's going to be that whole issue with rent, the landlord will say there's not enough space, all that legal junk, etc...

Yes, I'm very bored right now.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Oh, I definitely agree with the point that the architecture in Fallout 3 is probably like today's, but a lot of the whole mood wasn't. It was pretty funny to see one of those ads for the Vault in the Fallout 3 universe with the stereotypical 50's family.

I'd absolutely love to try out the beta of that game, but I don't think my PC could handle it. I'm sure playing Fallout 3 on the PC is much better in the long run, so I'm angry at myself that I've grown so reliant on my 360 console.

Oh, I definitely agree with the point that the architecture in Fallout 3 is probably like today's, but a lot of the whole mood wasn't. It was pretty funny to see one of those ads for the Vault in the Fallout 3 universe with the stereotypical 50's family.

I'd absolutely love to try out the beta of that game, but I don't think my PC could handle it. I'm sure playing Fallout 3 on the PC is much better in the long run, so I'm angry at myself that I've grown so reliant on my 360 console.

What do you have for system specs on your computer becaus im sure you computer could handle the mod. Well almost sure

Helping to rebuild the Empire State Building?

Collecting materials and defending the site from Mutant attack, with a countdown to waves if its possible.

Funny that you mention that! The Empire State building as it is now in the mod is pretty much a wreak because we assumed it would be indirectly hit with a nuke, but slightly damaging it nonetheless. I'm taking note of that idea, and I'll consult my scripter and friends. Speaking with my lead, he loved that idea a lot.

I'm taking notes, guys! Thanks for your suggestions! (We'll have a forum and website up soon as well)

I could develop a quest for it if you wish. Though NPC text will be my weak point.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

That's why we're aiming to keep the mod the same, but also bring back a lot of the black comedy the old Fallout games had. Not too serious, but not to idiotic. Plus, we're aiming to have a couple of memorable characters, one of whom is named Demitri (a so far hilarious, one liner joke God with perfected sniper skills [whom is also a companion]) , which we are basing off of our scripter, jackdawn5542.

Another character we hope to be memorable is based off of our model maker and major voice actor, internet pseudonym Mr. Ford. Like the rest of the division, he's a real-life friend. In-game, his character is named after his real life name, so I won't name him yet--however, we aim to make him an incompetent 18-year-old leader, with comedy to boot--which is all I'm saying at the moment.

Also a fun little tidbit are the names AESOP and EDEN. ;)

What PC specs do you have? The minimum requirements are an ati video card x850, or NVIDIA 6800. The other problem arises when you'd have to buy the game if you could run it on your computer at low settings; after all, this is still a mod where you would throw into the Data folder in the Fallout3 folder; that is unless Bethesda became interested and wanted to put it on a disk...Until then, its a mod.

Its kinda ironic, since the Lotus Vigilante Division (our Dev team name at the moment lol) just decided to release a free public beta of it when it was nearly complete, defecting the original storyline with a shorter one just to find bugs. Then, we were going to have a private beta with some members of our choice with a bit of the new storyline for more bugs, and finally release it to the public. Its a shame that we couldn't make a mod converter for the 360. Or at least we can't yet, but we'll see what we can do. ::'

The forums and website will be made this weekend, and anyone can come to discuss this mod or even make their own. Have a fun little community basically.

So little tiny reveals in this post, and we're aiming for the mod to be fun; thinking of it now, I'm probably going to make a thread about this soon. In the meantime, looking through some of the written script that I have written, I've stumbled upon a really good line by one of the villains, plus lines I wrote for the civil war sims and stuff. But this line stood out a lot.

Would you prefer a society...where war and injustice destabilizes and derails the ideals that this country were once built upon? Would you prefer to have a society where mutants run rampant, and impurities continue to embrace the ideal of war? No, you wouldn't. You would embrace America. You would embrace freedom, and a peaceful society. Help us to create...Eden. Or will you continue to protect the unrelenting abominations of a fable?

The other one's I looked at for a second were funny, including a line that we thought of for Demitri today. They're really funny, and some lines stood out besides this one, but this one is pretty plot critical.

I could develop a quest for it if you wish. Though NPC text will be my weak point.

We'll take care of NPC's writing. We'll collaborate, like we'll do with most of our members that want to help. So thanks a bunch!

This applies to anyone.

Oh, and TechFreak, We're going to boot the forums this weekend, correct?

I have an idea for a NYC quest, which is a tribute to the power of atom. You get hired by some psycho ghoul bigot to go to the Empire State building top floor, where there is a satcom array, hooked up to a Megaton-sized nukes in space. You can either disarm it, or use it to wipe out all of the ghouls (and people,) in a fairly small section of the city with a dense ghoul population.

Ok it's not great but I at least thought of something while on the toilet :thumbsup:

Oh and for that fireman sim thing why not use a ripper instead of an axe? That was probably more of its intended use than cutting up wastelanders.

Quest Idea.

A large portion of the city is inaccessible, due to a long line of deadly radiation that divides the city pretty much so that the radiation keeps you away from a massive chunk of the city. To make you want to go there, you hear people around telling stories about things that are there that will make it worth your while. The only non radioactive way to the other side is the metro tunnel that noone ever goes into because it's too dangerous (if it wasn't it wouldn't be much of a quest). While down there, your team discovers that the feral ghouls there are much, MUCH tougher than regular ghouls. They aren't just defending their territory, they're in a sort of rage. You fight your way to the other side of the city, a few of your party scripted to die, the rest may or may not die. Different conversations can be had with survivors after the quest.

About the city: It's mostly populated by raging feral ghouls, making it a dangerous area, full of serious risk, and good rewards if you can survive it.

From here, a whole questline can come, trying to discover why the ghouls are acting like this.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I'm going through the game again, didn't finish last time because I needed to delete it for HD space. And I have a question...what happens if you don't pay the guy in megaton for info on your dad?

Nothing at all. :)

And Dizzle, that idea is immense. I wrote it down, will be a cool quest to write about. Thanks! :)

I may get this on my computer, just because of mods (and it's cheaper, Xbox version is still sixty bucks DAMMIT). Can anyone tell me the requirements? And if I have an external USB hard drive (it's 250 gigs, my normal hard drive is like 60 but almost full of music and movies), can I save it to that drive and still be able to play normally?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I may get this on my computer, just because of mods (and it's cheaper, Xbox version is still sixty bucks DAMMIT). Can anyone tell me the requirements? And if I have an external USB hard drive (it's 250 gigs, my normal hard drive is like 60 but almost full of music and movies), can I save it to that drive and still be able to play normally?

You should be able to. When you install it onto the computer, just ask it to install on the external.

The minimum Graphics card is a NVIDIA 6800 or ATI x850, with 1 GB of RAM, and at least a 2.4 GHz processor. That would run it at low specs. Anything higher could run it...Higher.

That's why we're aiming to keep the mod the same, but also bring back a lot of the black comedy the old Fallout games had. Not too serious, but not to idiotic. Plus, we're aiming to have a couple of memorable characters, one of whom is named Demitri (a so far hilarious, one liner joke God with perfected sniper skills [whom is also a companion]) , which we are basing off of our scripter, jackdawn5542.

Another character we hope to be memorable is based off of our model maker and major voice actor, internet pseudonym Mr. Ford. Like the rest of the division, he's a real-life friend. In-game, his character is named after his real life name, so I won't name him yet--however, we aim to make him an incompetent 18-year-old leader, with comedy to boot--which is all I'm saying at the moment.

Also a fun little tidbit are the names AESOP and EDEN. ;)

What PC specs do you have? The minimum requirements are an ati video card x850, or NVIDIA 6800. The other problem arises when you'd have to buy the game if you could run it on your computer at low settings; after all, this is still a mod where you would throw into the Data folder in the Fallout3 folder; that is unless Bethesda became interested and wanted to put it on a disk...Until then, its a mod.

Its kinda ironic, since the Lotus Vigilante Division (our Dev team name at the moment lol) just decided to release a free public beta of it when it was nearly complete, defecting the original storyline with a shorter one just to find bugs. Then, we were going to have a private beta with some members of our choice with a bit of the new storyline for more bugs, and finally release it to the public. Its a shame that we couldn't make a mod converter for the 360. Or at least we can't yet, but we'll see what we can do. ::'

The forums and website will be made this weekend, and anyone can come to discuss this mod or even make their own. Have a fun little community basically.

So little tiny reveals in this post, and we're aiming for the mod to be fun; thinking of it now, I'm probably going to make a thread about this soon. In the meantime, looking through some of the written script that I have written, I've stumbled upon a really good line by one of the villains, plus lines I wrote for the civil war sims and stuff. But this line stood out a lot.

Would you prefer a society...where war and injustice destabilizes and derails the ideals that this country were once built upon? Would you prefer to have a society where mutants run rampant, and impurities continue to embrace the ideal of war? No, you wouldn't. You would embrace America. You would embrace freedom, and a peaceful society. Help us to create...Eden. Or will you continue to protect the unrelenting abominations of a fable?

The other one's I looked at for a second were funny, including a line that we thought of for Demitri today. They're really funny, and some lines stood out besides this one, but this one is pretty plot critical.

We'll take care of NPC's writing. We'll collaborate, like we'll do with most of our members that want to help. So thanks a bunch!

This applies to anyone.

Oh, and TechFreak, We're going to boot the forums this weekend, correct?

Yes we are!!!

Yeah, I'm currently running it fine off my 750GB external hard drive.

Being evil is soooo much fun. I killed the junkie outside megaton, stole her 500-ish caps, went back to megaton, killed the mercenary and the owner of that general store which sells weapons, stole everything (about 1k in caps, ammo, armor, guns, and the ROCK IT LAUNCHER). Killed the sheriff, took his weapons, and made a bee-line towards Tenpenny Tower where I blew up megaton. Now I'm rich, have a sweet house, lots of guns, ammo, armor, etc. and my karma is still good because I kept giving water to that homeless guy outside megaton.

The Rock-it launcher is sweet. I raided the super market on the way to Galaxy News Radio, so I have this huge collection of tin cans and milk bottles. 1-hit kill headshots ftw.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I installed it a few days ago and made my character and did the stats book thing...

I left all of them at '5' except for Luck. I put that at '10'. I wish RS2 had had that sort of selection...

Anyway, I already went near the door in the first little introductory level and it said "Level 100 Lockpick skill" or something...

Skills do not belong in FPS games.

Also...

The little tutorials seem a lot like Bioshock...

2dgucz6.png

I installed it a few days ago and made my character and did the stats book thing...

I left all of them at '5' except for Luck. I put that at '10'. I wish RS2 had had that sort of selection...

Anyway, I already went near the door in the first little introductory level and it said "Level 100 Lockpick skill" or something...

Skills do not belong in FPS games.

Also...

The little tutorials seem a lot like Bioshock...

It's not a fps, it's an rpg that happens to have guns.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain