What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Star Wars: The Old Republic is pretty nice.

And F2P.

Kinda makes up for not getting to play DA:I on my laptop, cause the cracks only work with certain CPUs.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

HF Flodder :)

http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/crowfall-interview-developers/

So stoked for Crowfall, Overwatch, Star citizen, repopulation.

I got this nifty steam game :)... Loadsa fun and familiar hitsounds TOPLEL.

It's amazing how elaborate it is with mere stickmen ^^

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Started getting into Robocraft. The game has gotten a lot better since I last played it, and I've gotten better at the game, and it's just a lot more fun now. The game can get a bit freemium, especially to speed up advancement (on the other hand, membership is very cheap. I think even cheaper than RuneScape if you buy it by the month, which really surprised me when I looked), but there is no pay to win element. Just pay to advance faster.

The community also seems to have gotten to a nice place gameplay wise. People seem to be using their heads and trying to be tactical, especially in higher tiers, but there is still plenty of room to have fun with your designs and no one is going to chew you out for it, at least in my experience (though if you are playing a healer, people do sometimes get upset that you don't magically teleport around the map to heal them whenever they want).

Certainly a game I would suggest trying out if you have any interest in designing your own battle robot and testing it out against other players online. It's free on steam.

The Banner Saga was 66% off on GoG, so decided to get it.

I never got the vibe from videos or screenshots or anything, but it is a special, awesome and really goddamn pretty game.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

The Banner Saga was 66% off on GoG, so decided to get it.

I never got the vibe from videos or screenshots or anything, but it is a special, awesome and really goddamn pretty game.

It's almost held back by its gameplay. I mean, you have an absolutely beautiful game with a stunning, atmospheric world... built into a pretty poor turn-based strategy mechanics and an awful resource system? It could have been something life-changing :cry:

I don't mind the gameplay as much as I mind the empty time watching my caravan walk. It could be a bit faster.

What would you change about the gameplay?

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

That depends on how far you are, because of spoilers.

[spoiler=Keeping plot stuff out of it, but it still may be wise to wait until you finish the game if you haven't already]

Main thing is really to just not use the same resource for both food and levels, because it's pretty easy to get resource starved and that gets downright brutal the longer you go. The penalties get pretty steep no matter what you go for because... well, you're penalized for not investing in either, but there's never enough to avoid the penalties.

A lesser note would be... Basically the entire battle system. It all looks brilliant on paper, but alternating between individual characters rather than factions punishes you for winning (and allows that one last enemy to steamroll through your weakened troops more often than not), the guard system heavily favors the enemies (especially late in the game), and tying health and damage to the same stat turns it into a game of rocket tag, again stacked in the enemies' favor once they start outnumbering you and bringing out their big units.

So about that Majora's Mask remake... Such a huge improvement over the one OoT got a few years back.

Did they mostly just update the graphics and tweak a few things or do you know if there were any notable changes to the actual storyline/dialogue or anything? The lore of that game was always really interesting to me. >_>

77yLQy8.png

Did they mostly just update the graphics and tweak a few things or do you know if there were any notable changes to the actual storyline/dialogue or anything? The lore of that game was always really interesting to me. >_>

It's mostly usability/convenience changes. The lore is pretty much the same, with maybe some cosmetic/background changes in a few scenes, I think?

I bought Transistor on the Steam sale. Haven't managed to make myself play it yet. I absolutely loved Bastion and maybe I am a bit afraid to be disappointed.

Also, finished the Banner Saga. I get where you could come from with the battle system and stuff, but I always play this type of games on easy. I don't play it for challenging myself, I play for the emotion from the story and graphics.

But the story ended abruptly. Definitely a cliffhanger for a sequel. Which has been announced.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I bought Transistor on the Steam sale. Haven't managed to make myself play it yet. I absolutely loved Bastion and maybe I am a bit afraid to be disappointed.

Also, finished the Banner Saga. I get where you could come from with the battle system and stuff, but I always play this type of games on easy. I don't play it for challenging myself, I play for the emotion from the story and graphics.

But the story ended abruptly. Definitely a cliffhanger for a sequel. Which has been announced.

Play iiiiiiitttttt! My only regret was I didn't play it until a couple weeks after I got it too.

I got Guild Wars 2 when it was 75% off. Send help.

I also got Guild Wars 2 when it was 75% off. Send help. When I actually play it. I'm gonna smash a few other games before I tackle it proper.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I discovered the soon to be released game Pillars of Eternity. It looks like it will be the first game released in 15 years that can actually take Baldur's Gate's place as my go to RPG with a real time with pause combat system (Dragon Age is nice, but Dragon age doesn't feel like D&D). It's not D&D rules, but it looks like a solid spiritual successor with some really nice changes, and GTA 5 is no longer my most anticipated game release.

Also downloading Cities Skyline. I haven't really been into city builders since the first Sim City. I do have cities XL, but the logistics surrounding expanding roads to wider versions in that game just sucked all the fun out of it for me (something I was sure to make sure Skylines does right, and it does). I skipped Sim City 5, because I'm not clinically insane, but I still want to have a city builder in my library that I actually enjoy.

It is too bloody expensive.

Played some Transistor.

So

[bleep]ing

Beautiful.

I especially loved the start. You don't even have mouse cursor... You just need to try.

And those small flourishes...

Hum <3

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

A few months ago I bought Kingdom Hearts 2.5 and got my first ever platinum trophy off of it. Currently replaying it at level 1 and it's probably one of the most fun/fulfilling gaming experiences I've had in a while. Button mashing bosses just gets you killed instantly so you're forced to take the time and learn each boss's mechanics and weaknesses. I beat Demyx in Hollow Bastion yesterday and after beating him, you have to fight 4 waves of heartless which can all 1-shot you and if you die, you have to start all over and fight Demyx again. Ended up having to beat Demyx like half a dozen times before I finally cleared the following waves of heartless. The funny thing was, each time I died to the heartless waves, I'd think "Damn. Oh well, at least now I get to fight Demyx again," as opposed to "Damn. Now I have to fight Demyx again." Because at that point, I could beat Demyx pretty consistently so it was a lot of fun to fight him again. Instead of just grinding through the game without feeling challenged, I feel like I'm in a state of flow whenever I'm fighting a boss that I feel like I've started to get the hang of. I'm loving it :D

77yLQy8.png

When i bought my Xbox One is Dec i got Forza 5 as one of the bundle games. Never really bothered installing it since i didn't figure it was something i would enjoy. Yesterday evening though i got a bit bored after studying and decided to give it a go. Found myself sitting behind the screen for about 5 hours customizing cars. Was actually pretty fun.