The anniversary of our freedom.

lordhathor

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom from oppression.

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom of speech.

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom to vote.

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom to live as we choose to live.

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom of religion.

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom from religious censorship.

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom to live, to die, to exist, and speak and worship (or to not) in any way that we see fit.

Today is the day that we celebrate our independence and our freedom. Today is the day we honor our troops, both living and long passed.

Today is the day that we must always remember ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ this is not just a day where we set off shimmering fireworks, and put up bright decorations. This is the day that we celebrate and honor our brothers, and sisters ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ these, our mothers, and fathers ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ these our cousins and uncles. Today is the day that we thank all those who gave their very lives. Those who would die for freedom, rather than live under an oppressive rule. Today is the day that we give thanks to all those who can not be here to celebrate with us ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ those who were taken from us because of the very purpose for our celebration - in the name of freedom.

FREEDOM.

Freedom is the one word that has driven us for the past 224 years. It is the one concept that has given us hope ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ that has given us strength ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ that has given us the will to fight, to live, and even to die.

Freedom is the reason we will never fall.

At times, certain men and women are faced with the decision ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Do we die for freedom, or do we live in vain?

Do we sacrifice our lives, so that others will be free?

Many of us would respond ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅnoÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, you in America are freer than anyone else in any other place in the world.

Sorry to pop your nationalist bubble, but that's just rambling. You don't have legalised abortions, euthanasia or gay marriage, the divide between the rich and the poor is just about the largest in the world in your country, making the poor as unfree as they could possibly be without being actual slaves. Your president doesn't give a damn about the fact that you're destroying the atmosphere more than any other nation on earth, your election system is crap (see 2000), and you will only interfere in international affairs if your nation itself gets better of it, not caring who will actually get worse of it.

Your nation's will to interfere with the businesses of other nations without any cooperation with the institutions we've been having for that purpose for almost 50 years, your secret services' interference with foreign politics and its support to regimes your own president marked as 'Terrorist', your own government having the guts to call anything an 'axis of evil', while its own country has arguably the largest maffia and organised crime circuit found anywhere in the world, while your country has the highest homocide rate found anywhere in the world, it's all absolutely disgusting.

Today's a day I'm proud not to be an American.

Please, at least adjust your title so the rest of the world won't be thinking there's something important going on. 'our freedom' - your so-called freedom is the oppression of dozens of nations all around the world - don't kid yourself.

cram it, kthx.

This is not about the government and the one man who is apparently (though not really) making all the decisions. It is about our roots, and our beliefs.

You are an idiot.

Legalised abortions are legal murder, by the way.

cram it, kthx.

This is not about the government and the one man who is apparently (though not really) making all the decisions. It is about our roots, and our beliefs.

You are an idiot.

How flattering. But I did think that having an option to do a legal abortion would be called freedom, whatever your opinions on abortion are?

cram it, kthx.

You are an idiot.

Actually Hannibal is right and I 100% agree with him. He is most certainly NOT an "idiot" just because you dont agree. And you saying that abortion is murder is your own opinion brainwashed into your head by right wing christians. It is NOT the view of the world and by denying other people that right you are denying them the free society you claim to be living in. Independance day is a farce because now, in the day and age you are proably less independant now than any Americans have ever been in the entire history of the country.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Oh man, that movie sucked. pukey.gif And don't you big mouth Hannibal, he's tet 1337.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

cram it, kthx.

You are an idiot.

How flattering. But I did think that having an option to do a legal abortion would be called freedom, whatever your opinions on abortion are?

way 2 shut down lordhathor :P

yeh but isnt it freedom of choice?

not lordhathors way

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom to live as we choose to live.

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom from religious censorship.

i live in australia and we have that to:P but we dont have a public holiday for it...

and lordhathor, i feel that abortion is up to the women who have it. its there body they can do what they want. To an extent though. like after a certain time that "thing" has to be clasified as a life and you have to draw the line there. you cant abort the baby's life after like 7 months. That is murder

manedit.png

First and only pixel thinger I made.

Yup, Hannibal's right. Freedom is being able to walk from the west to east of europe without requiring a passport or any transport except your feet. Freedom is living off the fat of the land, and not off candy and dr pepper. Freedom, is not having to fight for it. Freedom is what were born with, and freedom is what we lost. You're not free. You're as blind as everyone else.

logo.jpg

Today is the celebration of the anniversary of our freedom to live, to die, to exist, and speak and worship (or to not) in any way that we see fit.

Wait wait freedom? What happened to no gay marriages because it's unholy? Brings me onto the other point "Freedom of religion"? Why then does your president himself even base his opinions and decisions based on the following of Christianity? I'm not saying Christianity is at all in the wrong and not making it a religious debate but it doesn't exactly seem very free to me?

Today, you in America are freer than anyone else in any other place in the world.

Sorry to pop your nationalist bubble, but that's just rambling. You don't have legalised abortions, euthanasia or * marriage, the divide between the rich and the poor is just about the largest in the world in your country, making the poor as unfree as they could possibly be without being actual slaves. Your president doesn't give a damn about the fact that you're destroying the atmosphere more than any other nation on earth, your election system is crap (see 2000), and you will only interfere in international affairs if your nation itself gets better of it, not caring who will actually get worse of it.

Your nation's will to interfere with the businesses of other nations without any cooperation with the institutions we've been having for that purpose for almost 50 years, your secret services' interference with foreign politics and its support to regimes your own president marked as 'Terrorist', your own government having the guts to call anything an 'axis of evil', while its own country has arguably the largest maffia and organised crime circuit found anywhere in the world, while your country has the highest homocide rate found anywhere in the world, it's all absolutely disgusting.

Today's a day I'm proud not to be an American.

Please, at least adjust your title so the rest of the world won't be thinking there's something important going on. 'our freedom' - your so-called freedom is the oppression of dozens of nations all around the world - don't kid yourself.

I'm not here to start an argument but i just had to say - what a great post. I have nothing against American people as a whole, but some people really are delusional when it comes to their own country. Don't get me wrong, i'm English and we have enough problems of our own, but calling Americans "freer" than anyone else in the world is ludicrous.

In any case, to stay on topic, enjoy blowing things up in name of your independance........ wow that's true on so many levels...

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

The status of American society today is a complete perversion of the free state the founding fathers had in mind. You live in a nation where a judge can ban you from teaching a child your religion. You live in a nation where showing up at demonstrations or rallys can result in ending up on a secret service blacklist without even knowing it, which could result in the loss of your job, denial of financial services, or worse. You're in a nation where you can be arrested and held for weeks on end without even seeing a lawyer.

America is like a hippy that grew up to become a ruthless CEO.

Ummmm...well, happy independence day to the few people that aren't flaming America :S

In any case, to stay on topic, enjoy blowing things up in name of your independance........ wow that's true on so many levels...

It's also a time to spend with family, friends, have fun, and basically be proud to be an American. Yes, I am proud to be an American. Go ahead and flame me and jump on the bandwagon of flaming America with your half-truths and biased opinions. (not all of you, some make valid points and lordhathor did go too far in some of his points.)

I would type more but I'm about to leave to go to our relative's to help get ready for a cookout. Anyway, happy independence day, to those who care.

EDIT: Before I leave...I would also like to point out that America is a very large supplier of humanitarian aid throughout the world and even in Iraq.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Tradea ... /wm630.cfm

http://www.usaid.gov/iraq/

http://www.hopeworldwide.org/index.htm

Yes, I am proud to be an American. Go ahead and flame me and jump on the bandwagon of flaming America with your half-truths and biased opinions. (not all of you, some make valid points and lordhathor did go too far in some of his points.)

I suggest you go back and re-read my post. Actually, i'll make it easy for you:

I have nothing against American people as a whole, but some people really are delusional when it comes to their own country.

I'm not going to say anything against someone who's patriotic, quite the opposite, the only problem i had with this thread is the "freer than anyone else" crap.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Also please don't come on and call us American haters, we are more extremeist patriotism haters, god I even gonna live in America and move out of the dump called the UK.

A lot of the time, people post "my country" or "our nation" and it's fine, because they are including themselves in the collective, and you can easily see where they're from in the little profile-thingy on the left. :D

America does have legalized abortions, btw, even though I believe it is murder, and it shouldn't.

However, I would agree that there is no way to say the United States of America is freer than all other countries. Just the fact that there's this blend of people from all different countries on this message board, speaking their minds - we all have that same level of freedom. However, maybe the author's point was that we do have more freedoms than many third world countries, and it's our duty to help them appreciate the same things we take for granted.

(Not that I necessarily agree with that view)

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Happy Independence Day to all Americans.

Btw whoever said they weren't American-haters, most everyone in here who isn't from the U.S. sure seems like they hate America. :? Sorry that we are helping the world with financial aid and freeing others from oppresion... :roll:

Btw whoever said they weren't American-haters, most everyone in here who isn't from the U.S. sure seems like they hate America. :? Sorry that we are helping the world with financial aid and freeing others from oppresion... :roll:

Actually, we aren't doing our part to help the world with financial aid, at all. The upcoming G8 summit includes Bush, and yet Bush seems to want to not address issues of poverty/3rd world debt/etc. Don't let him get away with it. Go to http://www.one.org to do your part, and make Bush listen.

siggypooro0.jpg

Actually, we aren't doing our part to help the world with financial aid, at all. The upcoming G8 summit includes Bush, and yet Bush seems to want to not address issues of poverty/3rd world debt/etc. Don't let him get away with it. Go to http://www.one.org to do your part, and make Bush listen.

I signed both of them. :)

But also on http://www.one.org, it says "The US government spends less than ONE percent on overcoming global AIDS and poverty" but I'm sure that 1% is probably in the billions of dollars. Also when the tsunami relief came, America was I believe the second (?) most contributor in the world... :?

But also on http://www.one.org, it says "The US government spends less than ONE percent on overcoming global AIDS and poverty" but I'm sure that 1% is probably in the billions of dollars. Also when the tsunami relief came, America was I believe the second (?) most contributor in the world... :?

Only after international pressure dictated we did... after we were mocked for donating such a measly amount for a while :D And so, in the spotlight, we donated a lot. And though we donated a lot in comparison, keep in mind that our government is richer in comparison as well, due to a larger population with a high GDP. But when it comes to cancelling the debt and fighting poverty in places that aren't being spotlighted necessarily, what are we doing? Not nearly as much as the other world powers.

Thanks for signing the petitions :D

siggypooro0.jpg

A lot of the time, people post "my country" or "our nation" and it's fine, because they are including themselves in the collective, and you can easily see where they're from in the little profile-thingy on the left. :D

America does have legalized abortions, btw, even though I believe it is murder, and it shouldn't.

However, I would agree that there is no way to say the United States of America is freer than all other countries. Just the fact that there's this blend of people from all different countries on this message board, speaking their minds - we all have that same level of freedom. However, maybe the author's point was that we do have more freedoms than many third world countries, and it's our duty to help them appreciate the same things we take for granted.

(Not that I necessarily agree with that view)

..What she said ^

Also, I still maintain that it's seriously unfair to judge an entire country on the actions of one moron, or a group of morons, that are running it. Every country has had it's bad leaders, and it's government idiocies.

I, in my little middle-class refuge of the midwest am untouched by the crap that goes on in Washington or Hollywood. I'm free to do pretty much whatever I want (short of you know..murder rape theft etc.). So, at this moment, I am proud to be an American.

Also, I have faith that within my lifetime America will come under a leadership that can stop pretending that we're gods, and fix the country up to what it should be.

IRKAa.jpg

Happy 4th of July people!

Enjoy the holiday and fireworks! :D

*Lights a sparkler*

(They dont allow big firecrackers in Canada... I envy you guys!)

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I signed them too, does that make me American? You probably were the 2nd biggest contributor because you're the richest country in the world for God's sake. So you should be.

Freedom from what, exactly? Us eeevil English? The one's who helped you ruin and take away the natural land of Native Americans?

Have your independence and your Will Smith day, I'm all for that believe me. But I spit on your term 'freedom'.