Acne

aeternitatis

I have moderately severe acne, and it's killing my (already low) self-esteem. I've tried ProActiv and Clindamycin, which are supposedly "proven" to get rid of acne, but they haven't helped. I really need help.

I need a list of products/home remedies that you have used before and that were successful in removing acne. Please, if you know of any list them.

Thanks.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paper bag?

Go away?

Anyways, as someone who had/has pretty bad acne I might be able to help out. I use Minocycline (oral) and some stuff called Duac (Topical) and it works pretty well for me. Both are prescription.

I remember there being a thread on this not to long ago, the stuff there might help you. Just search it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Paper bag?

Go away?

Anyways, as someone who had/has pretty bad acne I might be able to help out. I use Minocycline (oral) and some stuff called Duac (Topical) and it works pretty well for me. Both are prescription.

I remember there being a thread on this not to long ago, the stuff there might help you. Just search it.

Thanks, how much did you pay for those two?

qs2X.png

Paper bag?

Go away?

Thanks, how much did you pay for those two?

Honestly I can't say I know. It's not very though :?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Hm, if you have tried so much and not gotten any results... My only suggestion is going to a doctor.

I've had quite mild acne... Well, more sort of pimples. I'm 20 now, and they've more or less gone away... So either wait or go see a doctor.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Hm, if you have tried so much and not gotten any results... My only suggestion is going to a doctor.

I've had quite mild acne... Well, more sort of pimples. I'm 20 now, and they've more or less gone away... So either wait or go see a doctor.

My doctor prescribed Clindamycin to me, which doesn't do anything but make my skin very dry. I asked him to refer me to a Dermatologist but there's only one in my city and the wait is over a year long.

qs2X.png

Paper bag?

Go away?

Ya I use Duac and Minocyline but it doesnt seem to work great for me....

There is some drug beginning with R i think but i can't remember for the life of me what it's called. I had a couple of friends that used it and it worked great for them, only problem is while you are taking it it dries your skin out alot so you need to carry vaseline around for your lips and apparently smear them in the stuff before you sleep.

I have a bit of acne on my shoulders but I've never got round to sorting it, I may get something for it at some point.

Edit: Just did a search; it's called Roaccutane, a three month course and it will cure you for life, although no drinking.

iteme3721.jpg

Here's the other thread. There's probably some stuff there that would help you out.

Thanks. I read through it and there's not really much that helps me. I've tried a lot of those antibiotics and the only thing I drink is water. I drink around a gallon of it everyday, natural spring water, and it doesn't seem to help.

qs2X.png

There's (I think, don't quote me) three drugs which are used to fight acne. If those haven't worked, ask your doctor about minocycline. I was prescribed some but it didn't have any effect on me whatsoever.

What you have to remember is acne is caused by bacteria. Washing your face twice a day, and wiping away any food away from your face after eating fatty foods are also effective.

If its truly bad, get prescription stuff from a doctor.

...or wear a paper bag.

Did you read the thread at all? :roll:

I don't think I can really help you as I don't have terrible acne, but I do have bad blackheads and changing my pillowcase often has really cut down on them. Hope you figure something out. ::'

Edit: Heh. Never doubt the power of 4chan. /fa/gs to the rescue

Hi there Realize. First off, don't let your self esteem drop. Odds are everyone will have pimples/acne problems at some point of their life, so it's nothing to worry about. Look at it from another perspective; if you passed by someone with a mine field of pimples on their forehead, do you stop and oggle at them? Nope. So pick your head up and get some confidence ;)

Now in my honest opinion I'd rather you not go into drugs to solve your acne problem. Instead, turn to natural solution which are just as good, if not better than those drugs. First off, get some more rest if you aren't getting any. Deprivation of sleep can cause hormone imbalance and can cause you to get outbreaks and have acne problems. That 8 hours of sleep is necessary plus you feel super refreshed in the mornings :)

Exercise. Now this may sound cliche, but exercise is a good way to relieve stress. Stress can be held accountable for acne problems, so exercise is a good way to relieve stress and increase blood flow to parts of your body. With a healthy blood flow in your body it allows all parts of your body to receive nutrients, so you won't have any pores being clogged in your face.

Wash your face regularly. Oils can help build up the waxy and oily texture in your face and by washing your face and scrubbing it down nice and clean you're helping rid your face of those amino acids. Be sure to use soap as it has a hydrophilic and phobic property which helps emulsify fats, giving you an overall cleaner and fresher face.

Use mild treatment. Oxy pads work very well in helping unclogging pores when used nightly. Giving your face a good scrub also helps you alleviate your symptoms for reasonably, without the use of drugs.

Now you may be tempted to use those fancy medication, but for the price it isn't worth it. Simply using natural solutions can be better for you and your wallet. It's the wise thing to do in your situation. Good luck with your acne :)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Are you eating like lots of junky food and stuff?

I've heard that it gives you pimples etc.. but I wouldn't know from experience.

I'd say watch your face with a cleanser 1-2 times a day

(not more than twice a day, or else your skin will produce excess oils to substitute for the oils that you've lost from washing it so much)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I used to have semi-bad acne... It seems to have gotten better with age or better habits.

I wash my face twice a day with just a mild soap, from Neutrogena, and occasionally an exfoliate with just my hands (no wash cloth). Nightly I use salicylic acid only on hot spots, if any.

That's pretty much it, but the thing that will make a difference is to change other bad habits like touching your face or forehead, eating greasy foods (it gets on your face), hitting the bong, or popping pimples (it causes scarring and will probably lead to more acne).

And, as feminine as it sounds, get a facial. It's like a deep clean for your face. My sister's friend has a spa and I couldn't turn down a freebie. It helped A TON, and my acne wasn't even that bad before I got it. But, she also gave some great advice. Other things she told me were to make sure anything you put on your face (lotion, aftershave, etc.) doesn't have oil or alcohol in it, because it will either clog pores or increase the natural oil production, leading to more acne. She also mentioned not using extremely rough cremes or ointments (like the apricot scrub someone else mentioned) because they are usually too harsh on your skin. And, don't over do the face washing. Twice a day is all you need, any more and your body overcompensates for the dryness by producing more acne-causing oil.

I've found that shaving helps a ton with acne as well, and she explained that it takes off the bunched up skin cells that contribute to acne, and it gives an exfoliating effect.

Hope some of those work... Most of the medications doctors prescribe aren't all that good for you, especially your liver. If you're a female, there's a 100% birth defect rate while using Accutane, to give an example. Some doctors require frequent blood tests while using these drugs to make sure your liver is holding up during the treatment. And, you can't drink, because it stresses the liver.

peterstretchfn5.gif

If you are looking for a product, I would suggest talking to a doctor about the use of "Accutane". I may have spelled it wrong, but if you mention it to your doctor out loud then it should be fine. My sister had rather bad acne and she used it. It took a few months, but it cleared her face up, and there haven't been further breakouts according to her. From what I understand it dries your skin by partially closing glands that produce oils on your skin because in a lot of acne cases it is due to excess production of these oils. I suppose this would mean your skin will become dry while you take it, but I seriously think the benefit would outweigh something such as that. Also, there are likely moisturizing lotions and whatnot that you could use. If I remember correctly the dose was in a pill she took, which is rather convenient. I myself never really had too much of an acne problem, but I know that lack of washing your face, or excessively washing it can cause irritations to occur on your skin.

One thing to definitely be sure of is that when you shave (I presume you are male), is that you shave properly with the direction the hair is supposed to grow. Improperly shaving can easily cause skin irritation since with a dull blade hairs can be pulled by the root, or when shaving in the wrong direction they can be pulled as well.

I think this is generally all I know on the topic. I can't say I wish that I had more experience with it so I could better help you, but this will have to be my contribution. All I can say is don't let it get you down. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I use some cream from Taiwan. Most likely a random bunch of herbs smashed together and cooked in a pot. Like all other Chinese medicine.

It's Biore (With the accent aigu over the "e"...), I think (Don't know the exact name)...I'm not sure if they'll have the exact same thing where you live, but it's worked for the most part. Of course, different things work for different people. My only advice (Which is pretty lousy advice) is to just keep trying. There's got to be something out there that works for you...

I've found that the thing with cream is you have to be pretty consistent. Don't use it for a few days, your face will look like it got run over by a truck.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Hmm, wow. I've never really had that much bad acne; only a pimple or two. But I'd better not jinx it!

I'd suggest that you go see a dermatologist. They can find cures that you've never even heard of sometimes with the ability to pick out ones that you could be allergic to.

j0xPu5R.png