Keep bandos+dfire shield, or get sara gs? Answered

SixFootOne

Well i currently have full bandos and a dragon fire shield, but if i sell them i will be able to afford what i have wanted since it

came out, a saradomin godsword. I plan on getting all my melee combat stats to 99 and will do this through slayer. One

problem is although i do use them all the time, i have a feeling it is overkill. The questions are which one do you think will help

me more overall to achieve this goal and which one do you think i should get?

Keep in mind I still have a bank full of items to use so its not like i am selling everything to get this sword, just swapping them for.

it.

For anyone who wants to know my stats are

-91 attack -91 strength -93 defence

-97 hitpoints -78 prayer -71 summoning

-99 range -81 magic

jpegsigtest.jpg

The Sgs is great for any kind of slayer so it's a good choice. I personally find the Dfire shield to be useless as the Rune Defender is better. And the bandos strength bonus is negligible if you're talking about the +132 str of a Sgs. So yeah.. buy the SGS. I'm so glad I bought mine. :D

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Idk about bandos or the dfire shield but I know from firsthand experience that sgs is not worth it. Its totally unneeded to get through most tasks and its a pretty crappy weapon barring the spec. prayer boost is negligible as well.

I sold mine 2 hours ago and haven't looked back since.

Keep the Bandos + DFS, if you're slaying you shouldn't really need a SGS for healing and there's much faster weapons to train with and the spec isn't really worth it imo. Also to the person above me bunyip + monks should get you through most tasks without the need for guthans or b2p.

30jlfk0.png

Thanks to InsanityV2 for the sig

guthans, b2p, and a bunyip are all you need ever.

The problem.

1) Bunyip lowers your combat xp by a lot more than people think. Combat familiars give HUGE amounts of xp.

2) B2P... bones takes time, money, and a cleared inventory to use. Plus, most monsters don't drop bones.

3) Guthan's is by far slower than the whip.

Many would say DFS, but they simply do not understand that DFS IS NOT GOOD FOR SLAYER. Rune defender gives by far more xp, and Bandos is great, but it is only (very) slightly above Barrows.

However, you must consider how strong DDS specials are. In the end, SGS also has a Prayer healing affect. This means you can 10% str with a couple Prayer pots a task (1-3), and with Verac's skirt and a Barrows top (or a Bandos top when you can afford it) it would speed up your tasks, especially if you use a Combat familiar at the same time.

Tl;dr:

* DFS is not good for Slayer, Rune defender is better.

* Bunyip isn't that great.

* SGS is great, along with 10% str.

* Bandos is overrated... it's good, but not all that it's made out to be.

Get SGS.

The Sgs is great for any kind of slayer so it's a good choice. I personally find the Dfire shield to be useless as the Rune Defender is better. And the bandos strength bonus is negligible if you're talking about the +132 str of a Sgs. So yeah.. buy the SGS. I'm so glad I bought mine. :D

QFT.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

SGS everyone says omg it's not needed with bunyip or guthans is better and even bring food. Bunyip is ok but as Inu said cb familar are ownage. Guthans is slow and doesn't heal 100% of the time so it's a waste of time. Food is a huge waste of inventory and you usually have to get more. I own an SGS and it's better than everyone says it is. It may no be as fast as the whip and DFS(which is better than rune defender because you get hit less damage and have to eat or heal less) but it still hits frequently and it's special pays for itself. Not using guthans ever again is one of the best things from my SGS no more wasting time with guthans or even risking it during a task if the world crashes or something.

Get the SGS

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Godswords suck. Killing slayer monsters with a whip + dfs is much, much, MUCH faster (at least for me) than by using a godsword. I wouldn't even be using a godsword if I got it for free.

Sell the DFS, its really unnecessary. Keep that money and add onto it until you can get a SGS. I am a guthans fan, I never have a problem with it, 60% of the time I find myself healing back to full within the first 5-6 hits I deal. However, when I had my friends SGS I really enjoyed the speed at which I gained my health back.

The only bad thing I see with the SGS is having back to back "mis-specs" but I suppose that is what a bunyip or food is for. I wouldn't know only got to mess with the SGS for 12 hours. I personally had guthans in my invent also just in case and I needed it about 3 or 4 times.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thanks for all the replies, i have decided to sell my dragon fire shield as some have said its not needed, as well as bandos because i will just use one of my barrows armors in place of it. I am going to buy a sara godsword and try it out for a while and if i don't like it i will have a nice 40mil+ sitting in my bank. :thumbsup:

jpegsigtest.jpg

Kent and a few others are the only ones who have a clue what they are talking about. sgs is god for slayer (as a spec weapon, and yes its worth a 40m spec, its THAT good.)

sgs is god at dark beasts, saving you 200k a task lol, as well as insane at all other tasks almost. im range slaying now and its insane ownage, void tanking ftw? Free prayer I can use 5-10% range pray with only a few pray pots a task. Now THATS ownage ;)

not to mention how half or more of the tasks you should use a combat familar over bunyip, and guthans is trash that slows you down. b2p is horrid...

of course whip and defender is your set up for all tasks, and sgs isnt your main weapon.

sgs has unlimited uses at gwd, prolonging trips even more, and has alot of uses all around. A very good investment imo. Im NEVER selling my sgs

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

stick with dfs and bandos, sgs is way is to slow for slayer i find and the spec rarely hits good. plus the fact that i hate sgs seeing as i lost the 2 that i had >.<

sgs is just for specials, its 100% worth it and the special for me, at 89 attack and 91 str hits for 30+ 90% of time, 1% of the time hits a 0....USE PEITY WHEN USEING SPECIALS

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle