A question for fellow athiests

Lionheart_0

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't believe that the only way to get to heaven (paradise) whatever you want to call it, would be through worshipping that god. I'd probably just go on enjoying my life. You can't enjoy life if you're always wondering what's at the end.

it's not totally about worshipping him...but believing these verses

John

3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

3:19

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

3:20

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

3:21

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

and as to the fact that IF God exists...id rather live life believing there is a God...which is my opinion...b/c if there isnt one...ive lost nothing....but if there is one...ive gained everything

I'm really disappointed how every single atheism/creationism/any religious argument results in atheists ignorantly bashing the Christian God.

These are all arguments from ignorance... they all go something like

"oh yeah, I think I remember something about this, I can't remember the name, or the place, or the Bible reference, or any facts, or anything, but, um yeah, God's sadistic even though I haven't studied the Bible once, nor probably touched one" [/partial sarcasm][/mostly true generalization]

So please, don't ignorantly bash Christians unless you've actually looked at the Bible. If you have you've probably got more knowledge about it than half the pro-atheist debaters in this forum - and that really disappoints me.

summerpngwy6.jpg

So true insane. The original topic was "If there was a god" but somehow everybody talks about the Christian God. I'd have no problem with that, but most of you just bash without even knowing anything about Him.

And it's interesting to read your topics. Even if He was true (talkin about the Christian God) it's interesting that you wouldn't be afraid of going to hell. I'm curious, is there any reason that you think you wouldn't be going to hell? Or spending eternity in torture doenst bother you? Just curious.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

TBH, I wouldn't have a problem if the Gods from Greek / Egyption mythology were real.

that would be pretty fricking sweet.

eh, if there is a god, i dont think she is anything more than a higher dimensional being who has control of matter, and does things like set up big bangs and creates universes in her free time. i call her a her because if she ever came to earth and put on a human form she'd probably be pretty hot. she is god and everything :lol:

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Then you're agnostic, not atheist. :) An atheist is certain there is no God(s). .

No. An Atheist believes there is no god, just like a Christian believes there is a god. Being certain requires proof, and none of us have proof at this time. Agnostic means you feel that you have no idea either way, you can still be an Atheist without being dead sure about the nonexistance of a supernatural being.

Erm no. Nobody has any proof as you said, yet believers and non-believers alike are certain in their beliefs. An agnostic is not. For example, I am agnostic. I will never say yes there is a god or no there isn't. I don't pretend I can. I don't know either way. Now if you want my personal opinion, I can always give it, but I'm not certain of it, so it matters little. I don't see how one can be atheist yet not certain. That's a contradiction in itself.

I'd ask to be annihalated, I dont want to live forever worshiping a being that not only lets so much pain and hatred run rampant in the world but causes it too. It would be like praying to Bush.

Marry me XD

Theoldwipfinish2.gif

Only 27.. RIP Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Janice Joplin.

I have no idea what you just said.. Please rephrase the question.. Btw it might help if you spelled correctly.

I'd ask to be annihalated, I dont want to live forever worshiping a being that not only lets so much pain and hatred run rampant in the world but causes it too. It would be like praying to Bush.

This is one of the most [developmentally delayed]ed post I have ever seen.. Okay, first of all the only reason you really said this is to make fun of George Bush, which is completely off topic..

Okay, I guess you didn't say NO pain and NO hatred.. But, you dont believe in 'a god' JUST because there is kind of a lot of pain and hatred.. That is absolutely ridicululs. So basically you think 'a god' should make life nearly perfect for everyone? I don't understand how you can think like this.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I have no idea what you just said.. Please rephrase the question.. Btw it might help if you spelled correctly.

This is one of the most mentally challenged post I have ever seen.. Okay, first of all the only reason you really said this is to make fun of George Bush, which is completely off topic..

Okay, I guess you didn't say NO pain and NO hatred.. But, you dont believe in 'a god' JUST because there is kind of a lot of pain and hatred.. That is absolutely ridicululs. So basically you think 'a god' should make life nearly perfect for everyone? I don't understand how you can think like this.

Yea I have to agree with you there, that post by mercifull was pretty unthought over and seemed like just an attempt to take a shot at Bush.

to Mercifull: You were talking about a hypothetical situation abou God being real So we are going to say God is real for this case. God allowed human suffering because humans are sinful, and most of the suffering is cause by humans, not God. What in the world gave you the idea that Caused it :lol:

lope6jw0.jpg

Quick thing, please keep open minded about it, just a hypothetical thats been running through my head the past few weeks.

Imagine a bear in a trap and a hunter, who wants to set him free. He can't let him out in its current state, because the bear would attack him. So, he shoots the bear full of drugs. The bear right now is thinking that the hunter is trying to kill him. Then, to free the bear, the hunter has to push the trap even deeper into the bear to release the tension on the trap. What is the bear feeling then? The bear is even angrier now, because he is in more pain, and he doesn't realize that the hunter is just trying to free him. The bear can't come to that conclusion because he's a bear, not a human.

I think God does that to us sometimes, and we can't understand why, just as the bear can't understand what the hunter is doing. The bear could have trusted the hunter, just as we can trust God.

1 of my tattoos,

so you're body is your temple and you've desicrated it. You can't get into heaven.....great rules to live by.

I have a huge problem with the way "heaven" is set up. A guy who rapes and murders 200 people can get into heaven as long as he accepts christ as his savior, then he's washed of his sins.

I can live my life doing nothing but helping other people never doing one thing wrong, but if I dont accept christ as my lord and savior I can't get into heaven.

Heaven sounds like a racist country club to me

1 of my tattoos,

so you're body is your temple and you've desicrated it. You can't get into heaven.....great rules to live by.

I have a huge problem with the way "heaven" is set up. A guy who rapes and murders 200 people can get into heaven as long as he accepts christ as his savior, then he's washed of his sins.

I can live my life doing nothing but helping other people never doing one thing wrong, but if I dont accept christ as my lord and savior I can't get into heaven.

lol how is heaven racist when you wont be let in because you didnt accept God and Jesus his son??? If God sees that a murderer has truely changed his heart, than he will be accepted (obviously the murderer will get punished on earth so there is no reason to send him to hell) and God will probably punish him too, but he will not deny someone a relationship with him because of sins that someone has commited. And you have done something wrong in your life, everyone does and there is no way to not do something bad because no one is perfect. God says that every sin is equal in his eyes so therefore you are just as bad as that murderer.

lope6jw0.jpg

1 of my tattoos,

The jewish torah says that as long as you don't do anything that is considered a major sin (like murder, or rape or somthing along those lines), you'll go to heaven :) peronally i like that idea better than the christian views. Why should a person be punished (for eternity!) for their views on wether a man may or may not have been the "son of god" and accepts him as their "saviour"

1 of my tattoos,

The jewish torah says that as long as you do anything that is considered a major sin (like murder, or * or somthing along those lines), you'll go to heaven :) peronally i like that idea better than the christian views. Why should a person be punished (for eternity!) for their views on wether a man may or may not have been the "son of god" and accepts him as their "saviour"

Why would you question God?

And what did you mean about the torah? if you DO a bad thing you go to heaven?

lope6jw0.jpg

Quick thing, please keep open minded about it, just a hypothetical thats been running through my head the past few weeks.

Imagine a bear in a trap and a hunter, who wants to set him free. He can't let him out in its current state, because the bear would attack him. So, he shoots the bear full of drugs. The bear right now is thinking that the hunter is trying to kill him. Then, to free the bear, the hunter has to push the trap even deeper into the bear to release the tension on the trap. What is the bear feeling then? The bear is even angrier now, because he is in more pain, and he doesn't realize that the hunter is just trying to free him. The bear can't come to that conclusion because he's a bear, not a human.

I think God does that to us sometimes, and we can't understand why, just as the bear can't understand what the hunter is doing. The bear could have trusted the hunter, just as we can trust God.

It's all part of the plan, eh. I'll remember that the next time a malnuourished and diseased baby dies at 8 months old. God is just trying to save it, duh!

What is your business in heaven if you don't believe in God? Only want the fun part, and not the less fun parts, aye?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Why would you question God?

And what did you mean about the torah? if you DO a bad thing you go to heaven?

i can't question god because i don't believe he exsists.

and that was a *really* bad typo, apologies to anyone who got the wrong idea, fixed it now/

It's all part of the plan, eh. I'll remember that the next time a malnuourished and diseased baby dies at 8 months old. God is just trying to save it, duh!

So you are blaming God for a baby getting a disease? Yes God does allow disease, but do you see why? Look at the world around you! at how corrupt people have become and sinful they have become.

lope6jw0.jpg

[

So you are blaming God for a baby getting a disease? Yes God does allow disease, but do you see why? Look at the world around you! at how corrupt people have become and sinful they have become.

why did the innocent baby die, along with anyone that was corrupt and sinful, and corrupt and sinful people are still all over, causing problems. and technically, since god supposedly created harmful bacteria/viruses, it is god's fault.

[

why did the innocent baby die, along with anyone that was corrupt and sinful, and corrupt and sinful people are still all over, causing problems. and technically, since god supposedly created harmful bacteria/viruses, it is god's fault.

The baby died because it got a disease.......and thats that.

And yes God did allow the baby to get the disease, and didnt stop it, but he didnt give the baby the disease directly.

lope6jw0.jpg

0021172.jpg

This picture was taken in 1999, it is very likely that this person has sadly died. Died a slow death starving and thirsty.

Buts its all good because god has his reasons and he only did it because humans are inherantly sinful eh?

60,000 people die each day of hunger. Huzzah for god.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What is your business in heaven if you don't believe in God? Only want the fun part, and not the less fun parts, aye?

what less fun parts? All im saying is that if I live a good live and am a good person I shoulnt suffer in the end b/c I didnt believe in something. How or why is believing in god hard? I dont understand what you're getting at

This is one of the most mentally challenged post I have ever seen.. Okay, first of all the only reason you really said this is to make fun of George Bush, which is completely off topic..

Yea I have to agree with you there, that post by mercifull was pretty unthought over and seemed like just an attempt to take a shot at Bush.

to Mercifull: You were talking about a hypothetical situation abou God being real So we are going to say God is real for this case. God allowed human suffering because humans are sinful, and most of the suffering is cause by humans, not God. What in the world gave you the idea that Caused it :lol:

Then why didn't God create a man that wouldn't sin to begin with ? Which is exactly what Mercifull is getting at and that kido14 isn't understanding.

what less fun parts? All im saying is that if I live a good live and am a good person I shoulnt suffer in the end b/c I didnt believe in something. How or why is believing in god hard? I dont understand what you're getting at

Obviously it isn't appealing to you to believe in a God, that's the less fun part. You don't have anything to do in Heaven if you're an Atheist, an Atheist altogether denies the existence of a God, then there's no Heaven or Hell too, right?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!