A question for fellow athiests

Lionheart_0

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Thanks for the posts lol.. I was going to have to type up a long post to show DaN how he doesn't know what he is talking about, but you guys did a very fine job, especially you Eric =). The reason I mentioned you being immature because of how you worship Bin Laden, is because you don't seriously worship him. The post you made sounded like a failed attempt at a joke. If you were being serious, then I'm sorry. DaN, please point out to me where I had bad 'grammer', because Im not sure where I did. Oh, Btw, I find it somewhat ironic coming from you. I find it somewhat hard to read a couple of your posts.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

:roll:

Am I the only person so far who has actually noted the possibility that there may be people out there who actually do worship terrorist leaders to some extent?

Actually, make that there are some people out there.

And to them, we're wrong.

Craping on DaN isn't going to get your anywhere because it's TRUE

Note it and move on.

Am I the only person so far who has actually noted the possibility that there may be people out there who actually do worship terrorist leaders to some extent?

Actually, make that there are some people out there.

And to them, we're wrong.

Of course there is, you can't dispute that. I just don't think there are any of those people here and that it's rather offensive even to imitate for the sake of arguement.

Very true blipo, if it were perfect here, there would be no use for heaven. Hence why a lot of people are looking for something more than this (life on earth).

In my opinion it would be a lot nicer if it were perfect here and no heaven. Much more logical. But apparently god wants us to blindly believe to him without proof to get to heaven.

gehjl and jackalope14 I think I understand what youre getting at about that satans evilness was not gods invention (end of page 7) . But

It still seems illogicall to me that in heaven, where everything should be perfect, living with god and the angels. How can one turn evil? And jackalope said there wans't a thing called sin back then, did Lucifer made the sin then?

In such a perfect place, I don't seem he could have gotten influcence about sinning from anywhere because he was the first one to sin. Where did he learn it then? There were no satan then to template him because he himself is the satan. And by the way, it's god that created his brains.

About the foreseeing thing, lets assumpt that god made a mistake (which should be impossible?) when creating lucifer, but he saw that he would turn evil some day. Now, why didin't he talk to him about it? He is the god, I would think hes word weights pretty much and he could do something about him turning evil. Unless he wanted him to turned evil ofcourse, unless it was his plan.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Of course there is, you can't dispute that. I just don't think there are any of those people here and that it's rather offensive even to imitate for the sake of arguement.

But that would be sad, if you can't involve it in discussion, because somebody could be offended by it. We can't just ignore it or something.

Oh, and bashing the Bible because of the grammar in it is pretty lame. we.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

But that would be sad, if you can't involve it in discussion, because somebody could be offended by it. We can't just ignore it or something.

In most cases I'd agree with you. But over something like this I'm just not so sure.

As to bad grammar in the Bible... shows your ignorance even more. And by the way, it's grammar, not grammer.

Thats spelling their IS a diffrence, also im not writing a novel so editing isnt a priority. Dont belive me about the bad grammer I suggest you read the Bible.

Are the words "thy" "ye" "cometh" confusing you? don't worry, they're real words.

OMg i think it is quite PATHETIC that I would have to explain what gammer acually IS.

ITS IS NOT SPELLING

Pealse ask your teacher what the diffrence is im sure theyll get it thru to you.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Northern.. so basically You want earth to be heaven? That is absolutely ridiculus. If you want a perfect life, the only way you can go about doing that is by being saved, and going up to heaven. We can't explain every single question that relates to God, because are humans and we can't think on the level we are trying to. You can't figure out how Satan began to sin if he was in heaven. You can't even fathom how God here since the beginning of time, just because we are humans. Northern that wasn't a very well thought out post in my opinion.. Im sure God knew that it would happen, but DUE TO FREE WILL, he allowed it to. Like I said.. We, as humans, cannot figure that out.

MY FAVORITE BAND:

Very true blipo, if it were perfect here, there would be no use for heaven. Hence why a lot of people are looking for something more than this (life on earth).

In my opinion it would be a lot nicer if it were perfect here and no heaven. Much more logical. But apparently god wants us to blindly believe to him without proof to get to heaven.

gehjl and jackalope14 I think I understand what youre getting at about that satans evilness was not gods invention (end of page 7) . But

It still seems illogicall to me that in heaven, where everything should be perfect, living with god and the angels. How can one turn evil? And jackalope said there wans't a thing called sin back then, did Lucifer made the sin then?

In such a perfect place, I don't seem he could have gotten influcence about sinning from anywhere because he was the first one to sin. Where did he learn it then? There were no satan then to template him because he himself is the satan. And by the way, it's god that created his brains.

About the foreseeing thing, lets assumpt that god made a mistake (which should be impossible?) when creating lucifer, but he saw that he would turn evil some day. Now, why didin't he talk to him about it? He is the god, I would think hes word weights pretty much and he could do something about him turning evil. Unless he wanted him to turned evil ofcourse, unless it was his plan.

Well about the heaven thing, if it were perfect here, what would happen when you died? that's it? I'd rather spend eternity in heaven, than 80 years of heaven. But then again, that's just me.

I know what you're talkin about with the satan thing. This is just something that our minds cannot comprehend what His plan was. Satan turning evil all lead to the plan of Adam and Eve sinning. I can't really explain it or understand myself. I'll ask my dad, he really studied the Bible (Since he's a pastor) so i'll get back to you on that.

As to bad grammar in the Bible... shows your ignorance even more. And by the way, it's grammar, not grammer.

Thats spelling their IS a diffrence, also im not writing a novel so editing isnt a priority. Dont belive me about the bad grammer I suggest you read the Bible.

Are the words "thy" "ye" "cometh" confusing you? don't worry, they're real words.

OMg i think it is quite PATHETIC that I would have to explain what gammer acually IS.

ITS IS NOT SPELLING

Pealse ask your teacher what the diffrence is im sure theyll get it thru to you.

From the looks of it, it seems like spelling should be more of an issue to you than grammar. Almost every other word is mispelled....Plus, i'd like to see an examle of where there is bad grammar in the Bible.

Edit: Asked dad about the lucifer thing. Lucifer when in heaven was 1 of the 3 most powerful archangels. He was in charge over all the earth. When he saw that he had the whole earth at his hand, he wanted to be bigger than God. It was his pride that made him fall. God did create him, but how it started in his head is not mentioned in the Bible. It just says that he wanted to be bigger than God. It doesn't say whether God put that there, or if angels today can still do it, it's just something we don't know.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

From the looks of it, it seems like spelling should be more of an issue to you than grammar. Almost every other word is mispelled....Plus, i'd like to see an examle of where there is bad grammar in the Bible.

We are not talking about me we are talking about the author of the bible.

As I said before READ the bible must I really say it so many times.

p.s

No not EVERY other word of mine is mispelled.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

p.s

Know what? Why don't you give us a verse that has bad grammar...

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

p.s

You probably havent realised this yet but I DONT BELIVE IN GOD!!!!

So what leads you to belive I have a bible within reach?

Give me a bible and ill happily show you bad grammer.

P.s its pretty pathetic that you guys are incapable of reading a book page by yoursels.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

p.s

P.s its pretty pathetic that you guys are incapable of reading a book page by yoursels.

So if you don't have a bible within reach, how would you kno about the grammar inside of it?

Have you ever read the bible? Ive personally never seen such poor grammer

You've "personally" never "seen" such poor grammar? With what? since you don't have a bible.

clbqf5.jpg

Well about the heaven thing, if it were perfect here, what would happen when you died? that's it? I'd rather spend eternity in heaven, than 80 years of heaven. But then again, that's just me.

Actually, I meant that there would be no live in earth, just the perfect heaven. But nevermind about that.

Thanks for the info/debate about Lucifer. I quess we reached the dead end at "our minds cannot comprehend with gods thoughts" :)

I gotta say thought, I always love when I can make question no-one knows answer to :P

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

p.s

So if you don't have a bible within reach, how would you kno about the grammar inside of it?

You've "personally" never "seen" such poor grammar? With what? since you don't have a bible.

Ive read the bible why are you so dim?

Sorry to say but your quite possibly the dumbest person ive ever run accross on these boards and that says alot.

Of course I CANT have read something I dont own. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT: I appologise for the insult but what you posted was foolish please think before making assumptions.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

p.s

You couldn't just ask for a friends or parents? I read a few pages last night and couldn't find any of this bad grammar you talked about...

Oh, are you talking about "Jesus wept." It has a subject and a verb... good grammar

:lol:

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

And guys, do you know what's even more sad? That you're arguing about something that's totally irrelevent. The Bible isn't about grammar, and this topic isn't about the grammar in the Bible either. Just quit it or something, it's so useless and quite pathetic.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

p.s

Ive read the bible why are you so dim?

Sorry to say but your quite possibly the dumbest person ive ever run accross on these boards and that says alot.

Of course I CANT have read something I dont own. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT: I appologise for the insult but what you posted was foolish please think before making assumptions.

How can you make a statement without being able to back it up? You said there's bad grammar, and when we ask you to prove it, u say that i should read it for myself and that you don't have a bible within reach. How should i know you read it, for all i kno you couldve read it when you were 10. I still wanna see a verse where there's bad grammar. Obviously we can't seem to find it, so how bout you find it for us? oh and here's a bible for you, in every version. http://www.bible.com

clbqf5.jpg

Ok all this evolutionary and homosexual discusion has brought me to something. What if god did exist (i still denie his existance till its proven)? What would you do?

I know i would belive (cause it would be stupid not too) but i wouldnt worship, im still my own person.

Breathe a sigh of relief 8)

One less question and answer to worry about :)

And use my brain to ponder on other things worth pondering about :wink:

But irl :( I just dont know...I want him to exsist, but there are some things that make me second guess my opinion :cry:

but ill form my final opinion one day :wink:

Gehjl, please, just stop arguing about grammar. If you haven't noticed, DaN is just trying to get on your nerves, and he seems to be doing a pretty good job of it. Besides, even if translators have made some grammatical errors in translating the Bible, it's totally irrelevant to the validity of the Bible and to this discussion.

And to NorthernHero, about your earlier question: If it were perfect on earth, we would have no need for heaven. We could simply live forever on earth. According to the Bible, that's the way things were before Adam sinned. However, that sin brought the whole world under a curse, and it also brought death into the world. Because he didn't want us to live forver in sin, God gave us death, so that if we followed Him, we could one day escape a ruined earth and go to heaven with him. Of course it would be much simpler if earth was perfect, but humans ruined our chances of living on a perfect earth a long time ago, according to the Bible. (Granted, it also says that one day god will create a new earth, and that it will be good, as it was before the Fall of man.)

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

He's not getting on my nerves, i'm just curious what evidance he has, but I guess you do have a point. That means nothing to the validity of the Bible.

clbqf5.jpg

Ok all this evolutionary and homosexual discusion has brought me to something. What if god did exist (i still denie his existance till its proven)? What would you do?

I know i would belive (cause it would be stupid not too) but i wouldnt worship, im still my own person.

Breathe a sigh of relief 8)

One less question and answer to worry about :)

And use my brain to ponder on other things worth pondering about :wink:

But irl :( I just dont know...I want him to exsist, but there are some things that make me second guess my opinion :cry:

but ill form my final opinion one day :wink:

What makes you second guess your opinion?

Darn, Gehjl beat me to posting the online bible :wink:

MY FAVORITE BAND:

1 ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâö In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâö And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

WIth out even trying just looking at the first few sentences I see they begin with AND.

In primary school I was told never to start a sentance with AND.

Im sure theirs more if I was to read on.

Upon readin more all I find is more.

And this And that And god blahblahblah very irritating to read.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002