Hello, my name is Robert. And I own a cannon.

Roberthree

It all started about 8 months ago. I decided I wanted a godsword and a new skillcape. So I sat in Piscatoris for months... I sat patiently waiting while I slowly piled up cash. I joined The Slayer's Guild in this time and began counting fish on my fingers looking towards the day I'd be out there killing monsters... Eventually I was halfway to 99 fishing and I had a huge slab of metal in my hand. At this point in time the BGS was only 30m, 10m less than when I had started! Unfortunately I was so hyped up about it after months of grinding that it failed to meet my expectations in a huge way....

So I went back to finish my task... Over time the godsword's prices dropped and I lost 5m on items in my bank after I took a break. I gave up on monkfish seeing as how I had more money than I knew what to do with. I went and powertrained at shilo village. One day I saw a thread here on TIF about godswords and I saw that the Saradomin Godsword was only 38m!! Unheard of! The ultimate tool for an aspiring slayer such as myself and it was in my reach! I fished a thousand monkfish as fast as I could and cleaned out some junk in my bank (I never realized those seeds were worth that much!) and I had it. The best (imo) godsword. I was broke though so I rented it out and went back to fishing.

The day came when I achieved my second goal of 99 fishing. The next day I went a-slayin. The ultimate slayer tool, the saradomin godsword, began to disappoint me as the bandos version had. I found the healing totally un needed most of the time, and not enough the rest of the time. I sold the saradomin godsword and bough back my guthans.

At about this time I was told about the profiting power of Managing a Kingdom and herb faming. I started farming ranarr herbs between tasks and I became pals with the folks over in miscelania (not to mention the 7.5m I entrusted then with!). But even with the 100 herb seeds and topped off kingdom, I still had over 20m that was burning a hole in my pocket. Dragonfire Shield? I got a rune defender. Bandos? I like guthan's. Summoning? Well, yea but getting 68 would only be about 2m.

Not only did I have a stack of coins that was far to large but I had money still coming in! the new slayer points update had me getting a free 250 death runes every 2 or so tasks!

Then I was shown the evils of the cannon. The rush I got doing damage to 5 dagannoth's at once and finishing tasks far faster than I'd ever imagined. It was great. I began to buy cannonballs in the Thousands and I couldn't wait for my next kalphite task. Not only that but between all my new moneymakers and the lowered cost of cannonballs I could do this all day!!!

I had no idea that I was causing my family, friends, and everyone around me immense trouble. It seemed every task I was sent on, People ran in fear of what horrible thing a terrible cannon user such as myself might do. I continued on my self-destructive path for weeks. I thought to myself "I can stop anytime I want!" and "These people just wish they had as cool a cannon as mine!"

I hit rock bottom one day when I got called a sad noob under the lighthouse... And so now I turn to you, the people at Cannons Anonymous, how can I break my addiction to this fiendish tool?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Block cannonable tasks 8-)

Horrible decision but it's a solution.

Sell the cannon and cannonballs and work on some "buyable" skills such as magic, crafting, and smithing. :)

P.S. Funny story!

Right click public chat -> friends

Right click offensivenoob (level 93) -> Add Ignore

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Take your cannon, your cash and your balls into PvP..

That made me lol :lol:

OT: Imo, if cannoning makes you happy, go for it! Be warned though, chins are better for range ::'

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I think it's just a phenomenon some players experience when they are weird with money. It's the same for me and Prayer. Every time I have a few mil sitting around in my bank I think about how high I could get my Prayer with that money so I spend it on Dragon Bones and can't seem to break the habit.

if you want to have some real fun with a cannon, go to bandits with it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

then have a tally chart for how many times you get called a noob. it'd be fun though tbh

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Pick up a dumbell and get addicted to that ::'

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

cannon addiction cannon addiction...get some lemon tea, that cures everything! or just sell it and get a santa. now go to f2p. have fun being called rich there. what doubles the richness is having a skill cape and full sara on at the same time! wow they adore you then. full bandos or armadyl might do the trick though too, even though a lot of n00bs dont know what that is. :P

Gigajie2.png

Cannon addiction eh? ....Well I did bought 10k c-balls at once....and it does pay off for speeding up a task and is backed by the slayer points. The fact that you used every lazy method to make that money is good for you tbh.

I like cannon task like a routine, nothing more tho :lol:

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

As a previous cannon owner, I will admit I had fun with it for a time. If you really want to get yourself put off of using it, make a new account and go to the rock crabs in Relleka. That is an almost guaranteed way of putting yourself in the other people's shoes, filling you with an uncontrollable rage towards all cannon owners that would make you want to sell your cannon immediately.

*I'm probably exaggerating the details a bit, but if you ever have to put up with someone else that uses a cannon, you probably will think less of it.

You don't need to, there's a way for everybody to win.

Cannon = perfectly okay.

Being a git about it = incredibly rude.

Not suggesting you're either, just stating.

Just be curteous and use your cannon. Don't use it to bully people out of slayaer spots, ask people if they mind if you set up your cannon udner the lighthouse, try to find a less crowded world, just be nice and don't be uncurteous.

What's bad: when you're at a kalphite task, killing them normally, then some [wagon] turns up with a cannon, plonks it in the middle of the room, and bullys you out of your spot. Sure, there's nothing "wrong" with it, nobody owns anythign etc etc etc, but that doesn't stop it being rude and douchey.

What's okay: Setting up your cannon when you're the only one there, or asking people nicely if they mind.

So don't quit, cannons rock. Just bare in mind your manners ;)

Don't sacrifice your exp for the sake of others wanting to whine about your cannon. Simple as that.

When I am training at Kalphites and someone logs in and drops a cannon down, I just hang around and continue on or log and hop worlds. I don't curse them because I know if I wanted to use my cannon I would be doing the same exact thing.

For the people who train slayer in the highly populated worlds, they know what they are getting themselves into. Crowded and cannons, for the speed of exp. There is nothing to complain about.

Keep getting your exp, when someones says something about your cannon simply add them to the ignore list and carry on gaining the fastest slayer exp you possibly can. When it's all said and done and you have 99 slayer while they are still at 80 then you have the final word.

And all that crap about being nice asking.. you don't have to do it. Is it courteous? Sure, but if you ask them are they really going to say "Sure put down your cannon and hurt my exp rates"...? Highly unlikely.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

First of all, stop slaying for a while.

Second of all, find a skill thats extremely no-lifeable and do that for another week.

IMO the cannon is the most overpowered thing in the game, if I had one I would only use it to help me do something with a clan.

But seriously, just sell the thing and waste all your money so you have 99 in like herblore and 200k cash. :|

And yet, slayer is susposed to be somewhat of a money maker, but the people who say "Slayer for money" are the ones who cannon 50%+ of their tasks.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Keep on using that cannon, there are enough daganoths spawns for at least 3-4 slayers under the lighthouse. If they feel they don't need the cannon, that's their loss, not yours. Ignore flamers or inform them you will only be there for the next 15-20 minutes, i've never had to stay longer than that under the lighthouse anyway. The cannon is one of the most useful tool a slayer can have... why not use it if it's there to use? Don't feel bad if the other slayers are too cheap to bring one, chances are they'll start using it once they realise how inefficient they are without it.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Keep on using that cannon, there are enough daganoths spawns for at least 3-4 slayers under the lighthouse. If they feel they don't need the cannon, that's their loss, not yours. Ignore flamers or inform them you will only be there for the next 15-20 minutes, i've never had to stay longer than that under the lighthouse anyway. The cannon is one of the most useful tool a slayer can have... why not use it if it's there to use? Don't feel bad if the other slayers are too cheap to bring one, chances are they'll start using it once they realise how inefficient they are without it.

It's true it may be much more inefficient but it's just so stupid.

And yet, slayer is susposed to be somewhat of a money maker, but the people who say "Slayer for money" are the ones who cannon 50%+ of their tasks.

I posted thatjust 3 posts ago.

That's one problem i have with slayer and cannons.

The other being the extreme cost and loss of hp xp. :geek:

It's true it may be much more inefficient but it's just so stupid.

Your lack of willingness to see reason and accept efficient training always surprise me. Even faced with logical situations and arguments, you always find a way to look like a total fool with unsupported arguments, childish opinions and generalisations that are often simply not true or greatly exagerated.

Calling a way of training stupid when it is a proven way to train efficiently only makes you look stupid.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Yeah i look like a fool, and you dont? Not answering the actual question I put forward. (which wasnt really a question it was just a statement that needed an answer) :roll:

And btw, if its so efficient why dont you answer the statement-that-needed-an-answer that I said?

If slayer is susposed to be SOOO profitable people go ahead and cannon 50% of their tasks.

-.-

You do know, I may act stupid but the problem I have is admitting im wrong.

:wall: #-o