Twilight.

saif

Also, stop comparing Twilight to Harry Potter. HP is not a fad, is 1000x better written than Twilight, Rowling > Meyer, and it will not pass into obscurity. The first book was published almost twelve years ago now.

Agreed. HP certainly wasn't just a fad. If it was a fad, then 12 years is quite a long fad. The only reason why it has died down a bit is because the book series has ended and everyone is waiting for the next movie to be released. Harry Potter pretty much started a new generation of fantasy literature on its own. While Twilight is obviously popular right now, it doesn't and probably never will have the same status as Harry Potter.

Not to mention the fact that Twilight is clearly more widely criticized than Harry Potter ever was ;) *

* EDIT: By saying this, I mean purely from a quality of writing stand point. I'm not factoring in those "Harry Potter is the work of the devil," religious arguments.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read all of them except for the last one. They're not worth the "I'm going to watch the movie 9 times then buy 6 copies of the DVD then gold-plate them" hype.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Not to mention the fact that Twilight is clearly more widely criticized than Harry Potter ever was ;)

Well, I haven't heard any reports calling the Twilight books works of the devil or demands that it be banned, so I wouldn't quite say that :P .

Flyingjj.png

Not to mention the fact that Twilight is clearly more widely criticized than Harry Potter ever was ;)

Well, I haven't heard any reports calling the Twilight books works of the devil or demands that it be banned, so I wouldn't quite say that :P .

Sorry, I meant purely from a quality of writing standpoint. None of that religious/devil works/magic is evil stuff. I haven't seen many people argue that that Harry Potter isn't a well-written, original series (devil/religious comments aside).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Sorry, I meant purely from a quality of writing standpoint. None of that religious/devil works/magic is evil stuff. I haven't seen many people argue that that Harry Potter isn't a well-written, original series (devil/religious comments aside).

Oh, I know, I was just giving you grief. :)

Flyingjj.png

Lmao Becky, go hug a pole.

You told her. :lol:

Wongtong=Becky + Wong= Becky Wong? I know too much now :-#

Wtf :lol:

Sorry. XD Not a bad guesser though. Her name's actually Beckynub. Or WongtongNub. Lmfao, idk.

WTF :lol:

How did it get from Twilight to discussing who you think I am irl?

(Pft it's not even true, who is this Becky? -_-)

And shuddup Dreamtongirl, let's take this fight to the sidelines (PM) before you try to throw air at me again.

I found a goosebump card in my desk the other day, depicting what a true vampire is like.

Man, I swear this board has made me go from

Liking Twilight > Hesitant on Twilight > Hate Twilight > Want to burn all copies of book. :evil:

Ahahaha. Sorry Wongtong. :lol: But dude, you shuddup about my.. Erm.. Air throwing. It's ACTUALLY just threatening, thank you. But you kinda gotta stop before you hit the other person's face or it's not like, air throwing. Not that it ever stops you, nub. -.-

Mm I'm not too much of an obsessed fan girl any more. I still like it, yes. But i've found better series. >:]

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

[hide=Conversation with a twilight fan]Beckiee. says:

I saw twilight today!

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

really?

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

is it good?

Beckiee. says:

its very good!

Beckiee. says:

its a bit messy cause their relationship is really fast

Beckiee. says:

and it misses parts, so people who havent read it wouldnt understand at all

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

but it's still very good?

Beckiee. says:

yes it is

Beckiee. says:

really good

Beckiee. says:

the characters are played so well

Beckiee. says:

and theres so much tension!

Beckiee. says:

omg there were 4 people in the cinema

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

only 4 people?

Beckiee. says:

i know!

Beckiee. says:

third day of opening

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

ONLY 4 PEOPLE?

Beckiee. says:

madness

Beckiee. says:

I KNOW

Beckiee. says:

so weird

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

HAHAHAHAHA

Beckiee. says:

i was prepared for hour ques

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

It means Twilight is [cabbage]ty

Beckiee. says:

two old people

Beckiee. says:

and a mother and child

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

did you go by yourself?

Beckiee. says:

mother and friend

Beckiee. says:

my mum cried

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

why did she cry ? O_O

Beckiee. says:

:lol:

Beckiee. says:

Loved it

Beckiee. says:

she loves it so much

Becky - Carpe Diem says:

i bet your mum cried because it was so [cabbage]

Beckiee. says:

noo

Beckiee. says:

when edward walked in the cafetrria

Beckiee. says:

it was like

Beckiee. says:

:'(

Beckiee. says:

cuz he's so perfect and hot[/hide]

I wonder why her mum was really crying.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I am reading this right now. First couple of chapters aren't bad its just.... She falls for him wayyyyyy to easy. He like pale! Who likes pale people!? Jesus is this why I don't get any dates because I'm not pale enough!

RAGE!

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I am reading this right now. First couple of chapters aren't bad its just.... She falls for him wayyyyyy to easy. He like pale! Who likes pale people!? Jesus is this why I don't get any dates because I'm not pale enough!

RAGE!

I don't mind pale people. And in her defense, he is also supposed to be the most attractive guy in the school (paleness aside).

Posted Image

Lmao, Idk why you'd cry because Edward is hot..? o_O Even i can't understand that tbh.

And redhaloguy, what's wrong with pale :?: Plus, she's interested in him in thee first place because he shows attention to her, not that the other guys don't, but not like obsessive interest in the beginning, more hating. And then yeah, she falls for him.

Yay for SilverSword! =D>

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

twilight fails. just. unbelievably. makes me want to hit someone in the face.

Thanks for backing up your statement with such legitimate reasons.

Posted Image

i can't explain how much i hate twilight. it makes me too angry to write things.

i can't explain how much i hate twilight. it makes me too angry to write things.

Then I have no choice but to assume you haven't even tried to read the books and have just decided that it "fails" for no reason.

Posted Image

Then I have no choice but to assume you haven't even tried to read the books and have just decided that it "fails" for no reason.

No, I've actually read the books, well, the first two. They were pretty good books. I just don't like twilight cause. it's so. oprejjjtyeryhrewmklfdmkldsmlktr4uiotikjrejtkntrekkznfgd.

No, I've actually read the books, well, the first two. They were pretty good books. I just don't like twilight cause. it's so. oprejjjtyeryhrewmklfdmkldsmlktr4uiotikjrejtkntrekkznfgd.

So you think the books are "pretty good," but they still "fail?" *senses a love/hate relationship*

Posted Image

So you think the books are "pretty good," but they still "fail?" *senses a love/hate relationship*

Don't point out the hypocrisy of my posts. that's mean.

I just really don't like how popular it is. and the stupid little fangirls at my school really make me mad.

"You just played right into that spoof ad. Don't worry, Edward is just so AMAZINGLY beautiful and Adonis-like that anything resembling a problem in a real relationship is completely fine when he does it. All relationships are healthy with Edward Cullen!"

Woah honey, Itza book remember. :-s Not every girl wants an Edward in their relationship. And not every girl knows they're going to get an Edward in their relationship.

Lol, you're the one who was all "I want an Edward!"

:shame:

Saw it last night, not particularly out of choice but it wasn't drastically bad. I just found the contrast between the typical teen behaviour going on all around these Byronic mysterious vampires quite funny.

I also liked this song that played over part of the film, apparently the guy (Robert Pattinson) who plays Edward wrote it:

WVHqNZy68Qs

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Don't point out the hypocrisy of my posts. that's mean.

I just really don't like how popular it is. and the stupid little fangirls at my school really make me mad.

So you think the books are good, but you don't like them just of the fan girls? That's just pathetic in my view. I don't like the fan girls either, but that's because they're idiots and think the book was the best book ever, when it really isn't good at all. It is a good read, but not a good book.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Paleness / non-paleness aside, I don't think that guy is hot. If he was, that movie would have been on my 'want to see list' just for the mindless eyecandy.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Paleness / non-paleness aside, I don't think that guy is hot. If he was, that movie would have been on my 'want to see list' just for the mindless eyecandy.

I guess picking movies based on how attractive the main character is is one way to do it...

Posted Image