Twilight.

saif

Paleness / non-paleness aside, I don't think that guy is hot. If he was, that movie would have been on my 'want to see list' just for the mindless eyecandy.

I guess picking movies based on how attractive the main character is is one way to do it...

Do I detect a hint of...disapproval? : P

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paleness / non-paleness aside, I don't think that guy is hot. If he was, that movie would have been on my 'want to see list' just for the mindless eyecandy.

I guess picking movies based on how attractive the main character is is one way to do it...

Mm I don't know if I'd say disapproval. I guess I'm just the kind of person that only watches movies I'm interested in. There are some people who watch movies because their favourite actors are in them, others who watch movies because they got great reviews, and then I guess people who watch movies because the main character is attractive ;) I only watch movies if the plot intrigues me. To each his/her own I guess.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Mm I don't know if I'd say disapproval. I guess I'm just the kind of person that only watches movies I'm interested in. There are some people who watch movies because their favourite actors are in them, others who watch movies because they got great reviews, and then I guess people who watch movies because the main character is attractive ;) I only watch movies if the plot intrigues me. To each his/her own I guess.

Yeah, true. I think I do a bit of all the above, depending on the mood. ;p

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

No, I've actually read the books, well, the first two. They were pretty good books. I just don't like twilight cause. it's so. oprejjjtyeryhrewmklfdmkldsmlktr4uiotikjrejtkntrekkznfgd.

So you think the books are "pretty good," but they still "fail?" *senses a love/hate relationship*

Don't point out the hypocrisy of my posts. that's mean.

I just really don't like how popular it is. and the stupid little fangirls at my school really make me mad.

So you think the books are good, but you don't like them just of the fan girls? That's just pathetic in my view. I don't like the fan girls either, but that's because they're idiots and think the book was the best book ever, when it really isn't good at all. It is a good read, but not a good book.

Good read but not a good book? D: Damn i get so confused. I guess that's probably the best I'm going to get from you though. It isn't the best book or series ever, no - But it's just really addictive and (I find) it is a good story, but mind you I've never read any other vampire-related things before so i didn't think it was cliche or anything.

And amybob, shuddup. -.- We have our obsessions. Mine's passed a tad, yay. I think I'm moving onto another character.. Fang. >:]

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

No, I've actually read the books, well, the first two. They were pretty good books. I just don't like twilight cause. it's so. oprejjjtyeryhrewmklfdmkldsmlktr4uiotikjrejtkntrekkznfgd.

So you think the books are "pretty good," but they still "fail?" *senses a love/hate relationship*

I just really don't like how popular it is. and the stupid little fangirls at my school really make me mad.

So you think the books are good, but you don't like them just of the fan girls? That's just pathetic in my view. I don't like the fan girls either, but that's because they're idiots and think the book was the best book ever, when it really isn't good at all. It is a good read, but not a good book.

Good read but not a good book? D: Damn i get so confused. I guess that's probably the best I'm going to get from you though. It isn't the best book or series ever, no - But it's just really addictive and (I find) it is a good story, but mind you I've never read any other vampire-related things before so i didn't think it was cliche or anything.

And amybob, shuddup. -.- We have our obsessions. Mine's passed a tad, yay. I think I'm moving onto another character.. Fang. >:]

... Fang, Fang, Fang.

Is that the guy from those James Patterson books? Or some type of dog? I'll go with the former, seeing your signature quote. Thought I'd heard it somewhere before.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

And redhaloguy, what's wrong with pale :?: Plus, she's interested in him in thee first place because he shows attention to her, not that the other guys don't, but not like obsessive interest in the beginning, more hating. And then yeah, she falls for him.

He barely pays attention to her at all. She was sitting at lunch one day. and out of all those guys there he was probably the only one that was attractive enough. The guys she rejected probably wouldn't of caused so much [cabbage].

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

It's the only reason I watched Ella Enchanted on TBS this morning.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

... Fang, Fang, Fang.

Is that the guy from those James Patterson books? Or some type of dog? I'll go with the former, seeing your signature quote. Thought I'd heard it somewhere before.

Chyeah, That's him. ::' I quite like the character tbh. Have you read them, or just head of them?

It's not too late,

There is a difference between an enjoyable book and a good book. I think I've already explained it. Twilight was enjoyable to read, but if you actually try to break it down critically, you can be disappointed. Doesn't take away from enjoying it, but it makes it harder to take the book seriously.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

[hide=]

... Fang, Fang, Fang.

Chyeah, That's him. ::' I quite like the character tbh. Have you read them, or just head of them?

[/hide]

Yeah, up until that Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports one, I'm guessing he's written another I haven't gotten my hands on yet, though.

Got a bit preachy towards the end with the whole Global Warming thing, though. Would've been more readable (Without /ptf'ing) if he used a tiny bit of subtlety.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

There is a difference between an enjoyable book and a good book. I think I've already explained it. Twilight was enjoyable to read, but if you actually try to break it down critically, you can be disappointed. Doesn't take away from enjoying it, but it makes it harder to take the book seriously.

Okay okay, I'm starting to get it now. Kind of true i guess, i still think Twilight's written fairly well, it's definitely not written terrible, that's for sure. Yet very enjoyable.

It's not too late,

As my uncle put it "It was kinda entertaining but you and me probably could have written it."

:lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

"Yeah, up until that Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports one, I'm guessing he's written another I haven't gotten my hands on yet, though.

Got a bit preachy towards the end with the whole Global Warming thing, though. Would've been more readable (Without /ptf'ing) if he used a tiny bit of subtlety."

Oh yep, i just read all of them recently. Read Daniel-X? Also by Patterson, it's "meant" to be good. I'mmah get it out sometime.

Same here, i did get a bit iffy about it towards the end. I mean, i'm for it all and whatnot, but it was kind of a bit much to include. I agree with the needing to make it a tad more subtle.

It's not too late,

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.
siggied :lol:

although this thread does explain the vampire obsession the girls i know went through...

a good vampire movie, for those interested, Dracula: Dead and Loving it, directed by Mel Brooks i believe. :thumbsup:

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

"Yeah, up until that Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports one, I'm guessing he's written another I haven't gotten my hands on yet, though.

Got a bit preachy towards the end with the whole Global Warming thing, though. Would've been more readable (Without /ptf'ing) if he used a tiny bit of subtlety."

Oh yep, i just read all of them recently. Read Daniel-X? Also by Patterson, it's "meant" to be good. I'mmah get it out sometime.

Same here, i did get a bit iffy about it towards the end. I mean, i'm for it all and whatnot, but it was kind of a bit much to include. I agree with the needing to make it a tad more subtle.

I read a free preview on his site a while ago, sounded fairly cliched, but hell, cliched can be good sometime.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I read a free preview on his site a while ago, sounded fairly cliched, but hell, cliched can be good sometime.

Mm, it looks a bit odd, but i still want to try, i liked the way he wrote.

And Justin, yay you. I haven't seen teh movie yet, but my friend said she found the movie much better than the book.

It's not too late,

Mm, it looks a bit odd, but i still want to try, i liked the way he wrote.

And Justin, yay you. I haven't seen teh movie yet, but my friend said she found the movie much better than the book.

I'll be getting my hands on the newest MR one before I go onto reading anything else, methinks.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

The 4th one, Final Warning? HE NEEDS TO MAKE A 5TH ONE. #-o

It's not too late,

The 4th one, Final Warning? I thought that was the global warming one.. You said you'd read it? Or not, probably didn't read your post properly. HE NEEDS TO MAKE A 5TH ONE. #-o

No-o, you're right. My internal MR storyline has screwed itself up for some reason. D:

His 5th book is going to be released on March 16th, 2009, apparently.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm scared of the effects these books have on society. Guys, never try to date a girl who reads Twilight. You will never live up to their expectations. You will never be Edward. Thank God you won't, but it still sucks to be judged that way.

Any girl that compares you to Edward Cullen is clearly never going to get a boyfriend. EVER. :lol:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I'm scared of the effects these books have on society. Guys, never try to date a girl who reads Twilight. You will never live up to their expectations. You will never be Edward. Thank God you won't, but it still sucks to be judged that way.

Any girl that compares you to Edward Cullen is clearly never going to get a boyfriend. EVER. :lol:

Yet somehow they still do (A girl I know says her boyfriend is as close to Edward Cullentm as she's gonna get)

Yet somehow they still do (A girl I know says her boyfriend is as close to Edward Cullentm as she's gonna get)

I'd say the same thing about mine :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The 4th one, Final Warning? I thought that was the global warming one.. You said you'd read it? Or not, probably didn't read your post properly. HE NEEDS TO MAKE A 5TH ONE. #-o

No-o, you're right. My internal MR storyline has screwed itself up for some reason. D:

His 5th book is going to be released on March 16th, 2009, apparently.

Score! He IS making a new one! *Dances* I really like Max and Fang. D: Sad, i know. But still.

Lol and to the other posts, I don't think you could ever get an Edward Cullen exactly.. You could get Boys with some of his qualities or nature, but not all of it. Ah well.

It's not too late,

I've said it before and I'll say it again: do you really want a boyfriend who watches you sleep, takes the engine out of your car out of jealously, beats the crap out of you during your first night of sex, etc.?

p2gq.jpg