Twilight.

saif

She was pretty, yeah. But i thought Bella and Alice were better looking in the movie.

Same, now i like Nikki Reed, but she isn't really what i'd define as the most beautiful woman, but i don't think they would've found another actor to pull of Rosalie's attitude as well.

News just dropped. New Moon will be released November 20 2009. So excited! I cannot wait to see the phasing of Jacob etc, not really interested in watching his relationship with Bella form though :shock:

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I am. :s I've never liked Jacob, but i liked him in the movie. Edward was a bit weird for me in the movie, idk why. So they must be filming now then, right?

Lol Wongtong, that video owns. xD

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

Ugh, Twilight. During my last visit to London, I bought the books, devourer of all books that I am and easily fascinated as I get by hypes (Harry Potter, anyone?). And I need help. Seriously. I have an obsessive love-hate relationship with these books. I simply hate how badly they are written, I want to tear my eyes out at the awful editing, I hate the plot, I hate the flagrant copying of Austen, Shakespeare and Brontë (No, Meyer, you are not them, never ever ever will be), I hate Bella's stupidity and Edward's condescending over-protective crap. I laugh out loud when I'm really supposed to cry and vice versa and as much as I am against burning books, every single copy of Breaking Dawn deserves to be turned into a pile of ashes. BUT. I. CAN'T. STOP. READING. Gah!

The film has the same awful effect on me. I giggled a lot when the actor tried to look all depressed and woeful (Look at meeeee, I'm torn! Torn, I tell you!). I had to clutch my sides during the fighting scenes. Oh, and the sparkling scene! But to be fair, this is a film I love to hate. Robert Pattison's damned and cursed crooked smile has me sighing and swooning like an idiot. And as far as book adaptations goes, Twilight is very very true to the original. A pretty "perfect" book-screen adaptation, actually.

By the way, I have a university degree in English literature... and I even wrote my thesis paper on vampire literature/culture... I really should know better. *Hangs her head in shame*.

Ugh, Twilight. During my last visit to London, I bought the books, devourer of all books that I am and easily fascinated as I get by hypes (Harry Potter, anyone?). And I need help. Seriously. I have an obsessive love-hate relationship with these books. I simply hate how badly they are written, I want to tear my eyes out at the awful editing, I hate the plot, I hate the flagrant copying of Austen, Shakespeare and Brontë (No, Meyer, you are not them, never ever ever will be), I hate Bella's stupidity and Edward's condescending over-protective crap. I laugh out loud when I'm really supposed to cry and vice versa and as much as I am against burning books, every single copy of Breaking Dawn deserves to be turned into a pile of ashes. BUT. I. CAN'T. STOP. READING. Gah!

The film has the same awful effect on me. I giggled a lot when the actor tried to look all depressed and woeful (Look at meeeee, I'm torn! Torn, I tell you!). I had to clutch my sides during the fighting scenes. Oh, and the sparkling scene! But to be fair, this is a film I love to hate. Robert Pattison's damned and cursed crooked smile has me sighing and swooning like an idiot. And as far as book adaptations goes, Twilight is very very true to the original. A pretty "perfect" book-screen adaptation, actually.

By the way, I have a university degree in English literature... and I even wrote my thesis paper on vampire literature/culture... I really should know better. *Hangs her head in shame*.

It's ok, the first step is admitting you have a problem, so its a start.

Lmao. Nice. They are addictive, yeh.. Idk why. D:

It's not too late,

Well, I've read a bit more in this thread, and I have an addition to make to what I said earlier. There is one thing I do dislike about the Twilight-haters. Apart from the valid points they make about the plot, characterisation, morals and style of these books, there seem to be plenty of males dissing Twilight because "oh noes, now all those silly silly girls want me to be this glorious and dazzling Edward and I'll never ever get a date for the rest of my life." Newsflash, this is how most girls feel all through their teens. They feel like they have the harshest time living up to the supermodel ideals and fantasies of your average teenage boy as well.

Lmao yeah, that'd be a good name. If you go through the pages you'll see gradually how all the arguing has calmed down. <.<

It's not too late,

Pedophilic Erotic "Literature" meant for sexually deprived and destitute teens.

Meyer is a talentless hack.

Could you write 4 books any better?

It's not too late,

Allow me to take the time to explain exactly why this is a [cabbage] argument and should not be used, ever.

1. The person answers yes. Now they look arrogant and you can easily rag on them for being jealous, a liar, whatever.

2. The person answers no. Now you are free to tell them that their argument is invalid because they're just jealous of Meyer's writing ability and since she obviously possesses a higher level of sentience than her critics, she's off the hook.

3. The person realizes both of these scenarios and does not answer. Any one of the straw men above can now be used.

It is completely irrelevant whether or not a critic can write a better book. Just because a reader does not posses the skills to write a respectable novel does not mean that they have no ability to realize exactly what has been done wrong in a published one. Meyer doesn't have the skills to write a respectable novel, so why should her critics? It's an extremely flimsy attempt to deflect or discredit criticism, and what's more is that a good number of people actually can write better than Meyer, so you're putting your foot in your mouth using that as an argument anyway.

p2gq.jpg

[hide=N0M_AN0R's Quote]

Allow me to take the time to explain exactly why this is a [cabbage] argument and should not be used, ever.

1. The person answers yes. Now they look arrogant and you can easily rag on them for being jealous, a liar, whatever.

2. The person answers no. Now you are free to tell them that their argument is invalid because they're just jealous of Meyer's writing ability and since she obviously possesses a higher level of sentience than her critics, she's off the hook.

3. The person realizes both of these scenarios and does not answer. Any one of the straw men above can now be used.

It is completely irrelevant whether or not a critic can write a better book. Just because a reader does not posses the skills to write a respectable novel does not mean that they have no ability to realize exactly what has been done wrong in a published one. Meyer doesn't have the skills to write a respectable novel, so why should her critics? It's an extremely flimsy attempt to deflect or discredit criticism, and what's more is that a good number of people actually can write better than Meyer, so you're putting your foot in your mouth using that as an argument anyway.

[/hide]

You seem like a smart funny guy.

If I wasn't busy studying to get a qualification, I dare say that yes, yes I could. With contemptuous ease.

I had fun reading the books, but I have even more fun criticizing them/hearing others criticize them.

I mean, come on.

"I like to watch you sleep."

(1st book) "My family might believe this will end badly, but I don't mind placing your life in jeopardy by running the risk of sucking the life from you every time I'm around you. After all, that's what love is."

"I'm going to ditch you for a few months, come back, then blame you because you didn't argue harder for me to stay. By the way, I still love you forever even though I tend to let you throw your life in the crapper while I abandon you."

"I may nearly kill you during sex and leave bruises all over you, but that doesn't mean we won't keep doing it anyway."

Edward really is such a doosh when it comes down to it, which is why I liked Jacob so much better. He'd be much more fun to date. Although I have a theory on why he and Bella could never be together. According to Meyer's shambles of an explanation why Bella and Jacob were all obsessed about being together a lot, the reason is that Bella's baby wanted to be together with him, all along. How cute. Now picture if he and Bella got together, and she had a baby with him. Jacob imprints on baby, happy ending thrown out the window. Jacob of course falls hopelessly in love with his own child(imprinting leaves no room for options) and his wife is left without anyone.

revan-1.gif

Before the movie came out, and my friend decided we should go to see it, I had actually never heard of the books. I quite liked the movie, but I did spend the entire movie with my friend saying how good lucking Edward Cullen (Rob Pattinson) was, which we found true before Twilight ever came out anyway. I enjoyed the movie, namely because I quite like fantasy fiction. I read the books online afterwards and enjoyed them. I went and bought all four of the books and I read Twilight, and enjoyed it, I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it. I then moved onto new moon, but I soon got bored. After reading them once, I thought I might enjoy them, but to me, they aren't books I can read again and again. Twilight was interesting, but New Moon especially bored me.

I think for a series, they are alright, I will probably go see New Moon when it comes out in the cinema, because I did enjoy the first one, though unlike some people I know/heard of, I will not be going to see the film five times, once will be good enough.

By the way, when I say I enjoyed the film, that means, I liked it, It was alright, not the best, but hey there are worst films out there. I think, like the Harry Potter books, you get people who love them, and you get people who hate them.

NOM, tbh I can't actually be stuffed arguing with that point, i was just asking him.

revanlives, good theory. I have to say i'm put off Edward after seeing the movie.. He was weird imo >_<

It's not too late,

NOM, tbh I can't actually be stuffed arguing with that point, i was just asking him.

revanlives, good theory. I have to say i'm put off Edward after seeing the movie.. He was weird imo >_<

Edward is weird in the books too. Seriously. Have you read the non-finished Midnight Sun? (You can find it on Meyer's website.) It's Twilight (first 12 chapters or so) from the point of view of Edward. I'm telling you, the guy has issues. He has mood swings, he loathes himself, he's socially awkward and his obsessiveness about Bella is disturbing. Pretty much every scene in Twilight where Bella thought Edward wasn't there? He was. Ack. I think Robert Pattison really got that well, I believe he explains somewhere that he played Edward like a manic-depressive 108 year old virgin. Spot on.

Edward is weird in the books too. Seriously. Have you read the non-finished Midnight Sun? (You can find it on Meyer's website.) It's Twilight (first 12 chapters or so) from the point of view of Edward. I'm telling you, the guy has issues. He has mood swings, he loathes himself, he's socially akward and his obsessiveness about Bella is disturbing. Pretty much every scene in Twilight where Bella thought Edward wasn't there? He was. Ack. I think Robert Pattison really got that well, I believe he explains somewhere that he played Edward like a manic-depressive 108 year old virgin. Spot on.

I'm really annoyed, I can only read like the first chapter of it? Something's stuffed with my comp and i can't download the program or some crap.

The obsessiveness is a tad annoying, I'm developing a disliking for it, but Bella doesn't seem to mind that much I guess, so meh.

It's not too late,

Edward is weird in the books too. Seriously. Have you read the non-finished Midnight Sun? (You can find it on Meyer's website.) It's Twilight (first 12 chapters or so) from the point of view of Edward. I'm telling you, the guy has issues. He has mood swings, he loathes himself, he's socially akward and his obsessiveness about Bella is disturbing. Pretty much every scene in Twilight where Bella thought Edward wasn't there? He was. Ack. I think Robert Pattison really got that well, I believe he explains somewhere that he played Edward like a manic-depressive 108 year old virgin. Spot on.

I'm really annoyed, I can only read like the first chapter of it? Something's stuffed with my comp and i can't download the program or some crap.

The obsessiveness is a tad annoying, I'm developing a disliking for it, but Bella doesn't seem to mind that much I guess, so meh.

I'll email you it, and Bella doesn't mind because she's a fictional character ;)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!