Twilight.

saif

But... but... but... If you've read Austen, how can you possibly say Meyer writes well? Ahh, can... not... process...

I mean, I like Twilight, in a really "oooh it's so very very bad, snicker, now stop reading this... come on, I said, stop!" way, but how can you honestly say that it's good, as in, well written, good plot etc? It's just so... bad. Meyer makes about every conceivable writing mistake. Repetition, long sentences, too many adverbs, a pretentious style, redundancy in general, stereotyping, lack of depth in characters, lack of a good build-up of the plot, bad grammar, bad spelling, need I go on?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But... but... but... If you've read Austen, how can you possibly say Meyer writes well? Ahh, can... not... process...

I mean, I like Twilight, in a really "oooh it's so very very bad, snicker, now stop reading this... come on, I said, stop!" way, but how can you honestly say that it's good, as in, well written, good plot etc? It's just so... bad. Meyer makes about every conceivable writing mistake. Repetition, long sentences, too many adverbs, a pretentious style, redundancy in general, stereotyping, lack of depth in characters, lack of a good build-up of the plot, bad grammar, bad spelling, need I go on?

"But ~?Edward Cullen?~ is so dreamy emotswoonin3.gif" seems to be the gist of it really. However, you couldn't expect her, a connoisseur of fine literary works such as Pride and Prejudice, to admit that she reads sub-standard literature from a quack author. No, she obviously sees something in these books that us scrubs simply cannot grasp with our inferior minds.

Seriously now, these are the same kind of people/tweens who are currently petitioning for the character of Joker to be retired from movies permanently. The reason being that no one will ever be able to do a better job than Heath Ledger.

Also, I must say that swooning over a fictional character for 5 hours is completely healthy.

2009rb9.jpg

Quick off-topic story (sort-of) that happened to me last night. Well people tell me I look a lot like Edward in the movie (to be honest i don't really see it) and my legal birth-given name actually is Edward. So at the bar 3 girls came up to me and told me I look a lot like the character in the story, and they asked what my name was. When i said it was Edward, they demanded that i show them some ID. AT first i was like WTF, but then I reluctantly did, and afterwards they gave me the most brick-[cabbage]ting look I have ever seen. They started getting all their friends and I soon had a mob around me asking if my name was really Edward. One girl was like "Your real name is Edward Cullen? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" and walked away. That's when i realized maybe using me real name isn't such a great idea lol. I mean obviously it has it's advantages, but then again I feel like one of those weird obsessive look-a-like wannabe's you see on tv :? .

Xxytmndxx.png

lonellama, lmao, at least you'll get girls then.

Austen writes a hell of a lot better (no duh) and i like her a lot more, but idk i still like how twilight's written. I guess maaaybe it might not be written that well, not compared to some other authors. anyways. Butttt, it's just really addictive and i wanted to keep reading. Like it kept my interest the whole time and it was easy to read. So, it's more like a fun read so to speak. Movie's put me off Edward though. Seriously, he's way weirder in that. I think I'm more of a subtle fan now. :l

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

It's not arguing in circles, it's arguing with a brick wall. On the other side of the brick wall is a mural of Edward, with legions of Twihards lighting scented candles at its base. On our side of the wall are three words in twenty-foot letters: "SHUT UP STUPID."

p2gq.jpg

lmfao, nice comic.

It's similar to the circle thing. But now we're not really getting anywhere. Even though i've budged a little. :o :wall:

It's not too late,

It's not arguing in circles, it's arguing with a brick wall. On the other side of the brick wall is a mural of Edward, with legions of Twihards lighting scented candles at its base. On our side of the wall are three words in twenty-foot letters: "SHUT UP STUPID."

Arguing with a brick wall is still arguing in circles. I mean either way you're not getting anywhere.

jjroxlu7.jpg

xD My arguments are crap anyways so they didn't stand a chance in the first place.

It's not too late,

• 2 weeks later...

So, this thread died. farewell. D: xD

It's not too late,

it didn't die. cause twilight fails.

You just haad to bump this again. -.-

and dont tell me "Well so did you, idiot"

-.-

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

-.-

Well so did you, idiot.

-.-

Well so did you, idiot.

Irony.

XD

jjroxlu7.jpg

xD I'm so over this thread. Let the right one in is much better. :?

It's not too late,

Truth is, it has only just begun. Apparently the cast has signed on for another 3 Twilight films, to be brought out at vampire speed before the hype cools down. This means [spoiler ALERT :D] we'll get to see Robert Pattinson chew through Kristin's Stewart belly to release their alien, no strike that, half-vampire baby. I'm not sure whether I'm horrified or reaaaally looking forward to that particular set of sparkly fun.

you're freaking kidding. i thought they were just making one more movie?! okay, that fails.

It's not too late,

lol at the stephenie meyer one.

It's not too late,

So filming started today, what's everyone look forward too from new moon?

Me personally the Italy scene, but i'm also hoping they don't bodge up the whole second book and try to put Edward in it more. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of Jacob even though i'm not a big Jacob fan.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

So filming started today, what's everyone look forward too from new moon?

Me personally the Italy scene, but i'm also hoping they don't bodge up the whole second book and try to put Edward in it more. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of Jacob even though i'm not a big Jacob fan.

Personally I hope the film burns in an "accidental" fire before copies are made...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg