Twilight.

saif

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the betting that happens off-screen so that it will be rated for the target age group?

That would be... disappointing. I want my fountains of blood, ribs cracking and gore. Twilight owes me that, at the very least.

So filming started today, what's everyone look forward too from new moon?

Me personally the Italy scene, but i'm also hoping they don't bodge up the whole second book and try to put Edward in it more. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of Jacob even though i'm not a big Jacob fan.

They're adding Edward scenes, apparently, not sure how. I assume by making the moments where Bella hears his voice into a bit more elaborate visions. They won't want to disappoint the Pattinson/Edward fans who need their shot of sparkly hunkness.

There's not really a scene I'm looking forward to. I liked New Moon the least of the books -well, barring Breaking Dawn, obviously- because of its Romeo & Juliet theme. Mostly looking forward to the Alice & Bella interaction and suicide-by-twinkle Edward. Jacob is only fun when he's got Edward to growl at.

What's the betting that happens off-screen so that it will be rated for the target age group?

That would be... disappointing. I want my fountains of blood, ribs cracking and gore. Twilight owes me that, at the very least.

Yeah, but you know its going to happen, so you have some warning at least.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

You know a movie or a book that's praised so much is going to have a crappy 2nd.

It always happens.

But I never really saw what was so great about twilight.

I mean, I hear so many people in the school, mostly girls who like it. My English teacher likes it, and he seems to be a pretty decent guy, so, what's the big deal? :?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

not too keen on the whole 2nd movie thing, imo most 2nd movies crash and burn, okay okay.. only some..but still. mind you, the first wasn't even good so what's new moon gonna be like. :wall:

for the sake of jacob fans, i hope they don't totally change the storyline of it.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

^ I doubt that they'll change much. They made a very faithful Twilight, all things considering, if you compare it to other book/film adaptations (*cough*Harry Potter*cough*). There's plenty of respect for/fear of the Twihards to not step out of line, and even if they do, SMeyer is there to block the scenes she hates or to insert the lines she believes too genial to cut (*cough*Lion/Lamb mush*cough*). They're just as likely to put in plenty of Jacob for the Jacob-fans as they are to insert enough Edward for the Edward-fans.

As for the second movie syndrome, I don't think that applies here. Sequels are usually only bad when a film became a sudden hit and they decided to ride the moneywave for a bit longer by coming up with a rushed and out-of-the-blue Pt. 2. It's not like Twilight was supposed to be a one film-thing, they knew from the beginning they might have sequels, since it's a book series. Hell, the movie was open-ended and prepared the sequel with the whole evul Victoria-plot-thingy and the Edward/Jacob growls screaming "this ain't over yet".

Oh my god. I'm... defending... New Moon? Just kill me now.

Haven't read either of them...but I promised my friend I would, so I guess I will

However, what really pisses me off is how much girls like this....

1) He's a bloody stalker first and foremost (so girls like that now?)

2) She's also a [bleep] (don't go there...anyone)

3) I have a feeling something's wrong with Meyers....if what's said is true

4) Most of them only read the books because of the film which is...ok to an extent but when they talk about it day in day out (pretty damn irritating, however I am lucky enough not to be exposed to it most of the time)....then well it's self-explanatory. Oh yeah, I always go with the read a book, then see a movie

NOTE: about the "act of physical love" (I love this....underage is ok, because it's not "sexual consent" is it?).....err sorry to all those girls out there, but not many guys are actually going to be Edward like (no one's perfect...sorry). Also,anyone who is addicted to Edward needs a brain scan

I also think that they should just let it go, it's going to lose popularity....I mean it's not that great a series is it? And as far as I've seen films actually lose popularity as they go further in a series (especially total romance) because the "director" just tries to please different people....lovely demise isn't it?

And another thing, any violent scenes will probably be censored in the discreet way that film-makers do. You know, zoom in on a character's face, register the shock then go back. A little fake blood, but otherwise the hero (the invincible should I say?) is unharmed and is blocking the body from view

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

I'm still thinking they should leave it before they wreck it anymore than it is now. :wall:

I was talking to my friend the other day, and she just recently saw the movie then read the first book. And yeah, she loved it for about five weeks, then she's like "Ugh too many girls with Edward Cullen in their locker. It's dumb now. And to be totally honest, if a guy told me "you are my life now" I'd probably go into hiding."

xD Come to realize that's totally true, also.

Yo Horatio666, question. Not like "OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!!!!!" type question, just wondering kinda question. "She's also a [bleep]"? Who Bella? Uhhh, I don't see how she's a [bleep], sorry? Sorry I went there. xD

It's not too late,

I'm still thinking they should leave it before they wreck it anymore than it is now. :wall:

I was talking to my friend the other day, and she just recently saw the movie then read the first book. And yeah, she loved it for about five weeks, then she's like "Ugh too many girls with Edward Cullen in their locker. It's dumb now. And to be totally honest, if a guy told me "you are my life now" I'd probably go into hiding."

xD Come to realize that's totally true, also.

Yo Horatio666, question. Not like "OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!!!!!" type question, just wondering kinda question. "She's also a [bleep]"? Who Bella? Uhhh, I don't see how she's a [bleep], sorry? Sorry I went there. xD

Sorry about that, I really shouldn't repeat what other people say about it.....I have yet to read the books so really I can't say much, just my opinions. Now that was a bit low and I regret saying it (not because you've said I was wrong). I will however point out that I too would be terrified if someone told me I was their life (not a girl though so it doesn't really apply, nor am I gay so if anyone says anything like that they have serious problems in my opinion) and that whoever does play Bella has no skill at changing her facial expression

The whole Edward thing also, just my opinion, will give give teenager a very high expectation of their boyfriends.....which let's face it guys can't live up to. And I feel sorry for the girl who is let down like that

Oh yeah, thanks for putting the question in a civilized way....rather than YOU ARE SO (swear word) WRONG YOU (swear word followed by word given to people who are developmentally delayed)

Understanding.png

Who had the siggie that had the Stephen King quote that said that the difference between J.K Rowling and Stephenie Meyer is that JK Rowling can write and Meyer can't. Because after reading fifty pages of Twilight...I agree.

Also, they say the thirds coming out summer of next year if that makes anyone happy...wish someone would figure out how overrated these books are. Everyone at schools reading the series, except for me because I'm too busy wishing there was something better to read. It's gotten the Harry Potter syndrome, little kids make it beyond popular, even when its not that great.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Who had the siggie that had the Stephen King quote that said that the difference between J.K Rowling and Stephenie Meyer is that JK Rowling can write and Meyer can't. Because after reading fifty pages of Twilight...I agree.

Also, they say the thirds coming out summer of next year if that makes anyone happy...wish someone would figure out how overrated these books are. Everyone at schools reading the series, except for me because I'm too busy wishing there was something better to read. It's gotten the Harry Potter syndrome, little kids make it beyond popular, even when its not that great.

A lot of people have figured it out....but unfortunately the majority have been brainwashed into thinking its great and thus won't hear a word against it

Understanding.png

:twss:

Twilight fangirls should die in a eternal ring of fire surrounded by sparkles while saying "Chagrin" an unneeded number of times.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I'm debating whether or not twilight would be worth reading for the sake of being able to make a more informed judgment of the book. :-X

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'm debating whether or not twilight would be worth reading for the sake of being able to make a more informed judgment of the book. :-X

Well, it's a fun and an easy read, but it's not written that well. (Hah, this is funny considering what I wrote defending it a few pages back xD)

Ah it's okay, two of my old friends never read it but they've always hated it. xD

It's not too late,

I havn't been to hell, but I know it sucks. Same applies.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

^I personally believe that Hell would be a wonderful place. Nice and warm, and there's always a barbeque going on. Y'know, a nice neighbourly place.

Seriously though, if you're reading the books with the intention of judging them, it'll be a horrible read. If you just read it because you want to read, it will be a good read. That said, when you look back on it you will hate yourself for reading it. Really I'd say it'd be better for you to read it, because then the Twifans can't just turn around and say that you shouldn't even be judging the books if you haven't read them.

Also Robin, nice sig :thumbup:

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Since we KNOW it's crap it's a waste of money.

And when arguing with Twilight fangirls, just lie and say you have read it :twisted: .

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Just noticed RobinHoodie's signature. Greatest siggie ever.

No, it's pretty dumb.

[cabbage], the movie was one of the most soulless and worst directed pieces of crap I've seen in years, and I realise the Twilight books are basically Stephanie Meyer's insane interpretation of a wet dream she had a few years ago. However I don't go around saying all fans should die in a fire while sporting a horribly stupid anti-Twilight signature... while never even having read the books! That right there takes a special kind of stupid. People like RobinHoodie are just like the rabid Twilight fans, except on the other side of the spectrum. So childish it's laughable.

2009rb9.jpg

He went a little bit to far. #-o

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

He hates Twilight so much, but how obsessively hating it any better than obsessively loving it? He hates the attention that people are giving it, but he's giving it even more attention by plastering it all over his signature, even if it is in a negative light.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog