Twilight.

saif

This is why I don't post on this topic any more. The intelligent discussion is over. The rabid anti-fans have filled the void and destroy the credibility of those who actually had something thought-out and relevant to say. Whatever both sides have to say on the subject has already been said. Any more at this point is either reiterating an old point or mindless bashing.

Well, I guess you can still use this topic to talk about the upcoming movies that they'll be pumping out before the hype dies . . . Just please no one go about inanely hating on the series. I despise the books too and I'd rather not be associated with vicious rabidness.

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT: I hated twilight. my 10th grade english teacher made us read it. I was like wtf.

She made you read it as in like... for a class assignment..? o.O

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Just noticed RobinHoodie's signature. Greatest siggie ever.

No, it's pretty dumb.

It was sarcasm... :roll:

And I agree that by complaining about it, and saying it gets too much attention, we are one of the reasons it gets that attention. Stephenie Meyer is probably reading all the people complaining and laughing as she swims naked in her pool of money.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

No, it's pretty dumb.

No it wasn't, nice try though.

2009rb9.jpg

Meh, I'll read it if I get a chance. No reason not to, If I really can't stand it I'll stop reading. No big deal.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

No, it's pretty dumb.

No it wasn't, nice try though.

Because everyone can tell sarcasm through a post on an internet forum :roll:

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Because everyone can tell sarcasm through a post on an internet forum :roll:

You really expect us to believe you were being sarcastic when you just proclaimed how overrated you think the Twilight books are? No dude, you just noticed people thought it was lame, so you pulled the old "heh guys, I was only kidding! I was just using Sar-ca-sm! Maybe you've heard of it 8-)" card. It's okay though, you'll get better at it.

2009rb9.jpg

Frick, trying to keep up with this thing since it restarted. :shock:

Anyways sarcasm convo aside - Yeah, you probably shooould read it, if you wanna hxc diss it or form a proper opinion on it. For the fan girls' sakes. And then you can be uber annoying like NOM was, and piss them all off. :P

*sigh* I seriously can't believe I spent pages of defending this. xD

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

No, it's pretty dumb.

[cabbage], the movie was one of the most soulless and worst directed pieces of crap I've seen in years, and I realise the Twilight books are basically Stephanie Meyer's insane interpretation of a wet dream she had a few years ago. However I don't go around saying all fans should die in a fire while sporting a horribly stupid anti-Twilight signature... while never even having read the books! That right there takes a special kind of stupid. People like RobinHoodie are just like the rabid Twilight fans, except on the other side of the spectrum. So childish it's laughable.

This. It's really beyond me why anybody would go to such lengths to hate something they actually (admit they) don't know. It's like the kid who's never eaten cauliflower and when he does get it on his plate, plainly refuses to eat it without tasting it, because his friends at school keep telling him cauliflower is "really really yucky". No, you know, come to think of it, it's even worse. It's the kid then going out on the streets with a sign saying "Ban the cauliflower! Hate the vegetable fans!", picketing the local grocery store. In a way it's hilarious, but in another way, it's also extremely embarassing.

I'm not saying Twilight is actually any good, but for the love of god, if you want to have strong opinions about things, take the time to actually inform yourself. I'm getting on my high horse here, but you know, this is the root of hatred and discrimination: not knowing and not bothering to gain any knowledge either, but still feeling you have every right to have and express your callous opinion anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I watched the actual movie a few days ago. It was alright, but I hadn't read the book yet, so I really didn't know which was the main plot in the movie.

I convinced myself that I would read the book. I have been reading it, and, in light of what Azvareth said, the book is very poorly written. Random short descriptions in between sentences. There are only certain authors that can pull this off, and Meyers is not one of them. Despite being poorly written, it is interesting to observe how much was left out of the movie. I'll just say that. I like it, I don't love it, I don't hate it.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

No, it's pretty dumb.

[cabbage], the movie was one of the most soulless and worst directed pieces of crap I've seen in years, and I realise the Twilight books are basically Stephanie Meyer's insane interpretation of a wet dream she had a few years ago. However I don't go around saying all fans should die in a fire while sporting a horribly stupid anti-Twilight signature... while never even having read the books! That right there takes a special kind of stupid. People like RobinHoodie are just like the rabid Twilight fans, except on the other side of the spectrum. So childish it's laughable.

This. It's really beyond me why anybody would go to such lengths to hate something they actually (admit they) don't know. It's like the kid who's never eaten cauliflower and when he does get it on his plate, plainly refuses to eat it without tasting it, because his friends at school keep telling him cauliflower is "really really yucky". No, you know, come to think of it, it's even worse. It's the kid then going out on the streets with a sign saying "Ban the cauliflower! Hate the vegetable fans!", picketing the local grocery store. In a way it's hilarious, but in another way, it's also extremely embarassing.

I'm not saying Twilight is actually any good, but for the love of god, if you want to have strong opinions about things, take the time to actually inform yourself. I'm getting on my high horse here, but you know, this is the root of hatred and discrimination: not knowing and not bothering to gain any knowledge either, but still feeling you have every right to have and express your callous opinion anyway.

Well said.

I've read all four books and although I enjoyed them I'd definitely agree with alot of the criticism. The first book was - I thought - pretty sexist in the sense that Edward is constantly saving Bella from cars and would-be rapists etc, and yet she never does anything for him. Their relationship is a certainly long way from perfect but whether this is influential or not is a different matter. One of the worst problems was that they didn't really talk much - not that they only interact physically, but that when they do talk it's always about Bella's safety or blood etc. They rarely have a normal, fun/interesting conversation with each other. Reading New Moon it's obvious that were it real life Bella would have a much, much healthier relationship with Jacob, simply because they talk to each other a lot more.

Purple prose, I wouldn't disagree with that, but as for 'it's not written that well' I'm almost indignant lol. I loved her writing style (would have loved it even more if she didn't keep blathering on about how perfect Edward is, but nothing's perfect!) It was evocative, dreamy - you really got inside Bella's head. So many books are written in the first person without giving much of an impression of how the main character thinks and feels: Twilight definitely doesn't have this problem.

The thing that I found really annoying was that the second book was (plot-wise, at least) pretty much exactly the same as the first, only with werewolves replacing vampires. So there's two species of supernatural monsters Bella has a) fallen in love with and B) needs protecting from. That was just stupid.

I do say that I agree with you in the sense that New Moon was pretty much the first book but with werewolves. It really made New Moon boring to read, save for the last few chapters of Edward's rescue.

Personally starting the third one. This one has to be about Victoria, because I can't think of any other subject that would play a large part now.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Forced myself to watch the movie, it wasn't nearly bad as I expected it to be. Not all that good either. The plot was predictable to say the least though. I still need to read the books though I guess.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I strongly suggest reading the books if you watched the movie and didn't find it complete garbage. The book has a lot in it that the movie didn't feature. :thumbup:

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Think I'll check the books out then. This is a typical American Hollywood movie, so my expectations weren't very high. However, something about this film works, despite it being a love story ( #-o ), I found it gripping and wanted to watch more. I'll certainly be watching the sequel when it's released :)

However, something about this film works, despite it being a love story ( #-o ), I found it gripping and wanted to watch more.

So, more or less the way a car crash holds your attention.

I think the term is train wreck ;)

p2gq.jpg

However, something about this film works, despite it being a love story ( #-o ), I found it gripping and wanted to watch more.

So, more or less the way a car crash holds your attention.

I think the term is train wreck ;)

Precisely. :lol:

I like the books, even if Bella's charactor is a pathetic damsel in distress. But the film? *shakes head*, too cheesy, wasn't thought out right and the effects were crap.

For example, when Edward is running slightly in mid air, he looks like a [developmentally delayed].

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Well, I really don't know how they could make it any better. I don't have any experience in graphics, but it seemed like they had only one option.

Just finished book three. It was intense. Really don't know what to expect for the fourth book. The only problem could be the the Volturi or her becoming a vampire, but nothing hints to it.

I have a feeling that the second movie will be centered not as much around Bella's lifestyle with Jacob but around the Volturi. This is probably because her lifestyle with Jacob is rather boring and definitely will be difficult to depict in a movie; while the last scenes with the Volturi were quite gripping.

I'll shut up now.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Really don't know what to expect for the fourth book. The only problem could be the the Volturi or her becoming a vampire, but nothing hints to it.

You're in for one hell of an extended WTF moment.

Seriously, half the Twihards hated Breaking Dawn. It's indescribable.

p2gq.jpg

Really don't know what to expect for the fourth book. The only problem could be the the Volturi or her becoming a vampire, but nothing hints to it.

It's like a badly written fanfic from a 10 year old. :|

Fantastic. I am curious now as to why they would hate it so much...

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|