Twilight.

saif

Well, his attitude works well for Bella, you know, taking into account that she really is very needy and hazardprone. You can get why he feels he should protect her, because she's not looking out for herself at all. It makes sense for an immortal unchangeably in love with a mortal to be constantly and obsessively worried she'll die. It's reflected in his attitude when she's changed into a vampire, he quits hovering, even when he knows she's keeping something from him.

In Midnight Sun, there's one hilarious tidbit where Edward wonders if she's really mentally sane, and he briefly considers taking her to the very best mental hospital, including visitation rights for himself. Hehe. Hold on, I just have to copy it, it's just too... Edward.

I supposed that I could arrange for her to receive the best care available... Carlisle would have the connections to find her the most skilled doctors, the most talented therapists. Perhaps something could be done to fix whatever it was that was wrong with her, whatever it was that made her content to sit beside a vampire with her heart beating calmly. I would watch over the facility, naturally, and visit as often as I was allowed...

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Wongtong. :thumbup: It actually worked.

Fictional character.. Pssh, Don't be logical with me!

You know I don't do logic. -.-

Hah, and Sumpta, that did make me laugh. XD

So i read the 12 chapters, I'm still trying to form my opinion on them really.

It was kinda cool to see what it was like from his point of view, like what was going on with Alice and Tanya and stuff, and to hear the other's thoughts, but it was a bit boring re-reading what had already been said in Twilight.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

We should consider renaming this thread into "coming out of the closet"

Hehe, well, it is a series people love to hate and hate to love, so it makes sense ::'.

orly what is it??@ :^o

I seem to be lacking the necessary interpretation skills to understand what you're saying, but there are plenty of people who read Twilight solely for the joy of making fun of it. The books and the hype really are hilarious for on-lookers with a taste for absurdity. It makes sense that there are more readers out there than you'd think.

We should consider renaming this thread into "coming out of the closet"

Hehe, well, it is a series people love to hate and hate to love, so it makes sense ::'.

orly what is it??@ :^o

I seem to be lacking the necessary interpretation skills to understand what you're saying, but there are plenty of people who read Twilight solely for the joy of making fun of it. The books and the hype really are hilarious for on-lookers with a taste for absurdity. It makes sense that there are more readers out there than you'd think.

orly like who

Saifzman.png

orly like who

. . . Like me. You think I read these books because they're good? Or saw the movie? I knew what I was getting into, but as Twihards so kindly inform me, they won't listen to arguments unless the person arguing has "credibility." And then they don't listen anyway or tell me I shouldn't have read them in the first place.

p2gq.jpg

Hah, yeah. pretty much.

I don't like your arguments. XD

It's not too late,

orly like who

. . . Like me. You think I read these books because they're good? Or saw the movie? I knew what I was getting into, but as Twihards so kindly inform me, they won't listen to arguments unless the person arguing has "credibility." And then they don't listen anyway or tell me I shouldn't have read them in the first place.

Hehehe. There's even a huge livejournal group, they call themselves Tw-a-tlighters (sorry for the censor evading). Sometimes hilarious, sometimes even scarier than the 'real' Twilighters.

I wonder what gives credibility then? Mindlessly accepting Twilight as the best thing ever written? Thinking that Edward and Bella are the image of true love? Ugh. This is something I really blame Meyer for: she has absolutely no self-critique or self-awareness when it comes to that 'love' history of hers. She doesn't even seem to realise that she turns a -mildly put- disturbing relationship into an idealistic mirage that influences teenagers who swallow it all unquestioningly. I'm not against weird relationships, I'm a sucker for the Cathy/Heathcliff and Christine/The Phantom trope, but in those cases, the writer knew perfectly well what (s)he was writing about and tried to distill that sense into the reader. Eros & thanatos is all very well, but at least have some awareness and deal with the issues you're writing about.

Hah, same here. Cathy & Heathcliff. <3

I guess it does portray that, but even though the girls who love it know that it's just a book. Yes, they may seem all totally obsessed and really want an Edward *hangs head* (I've been there) BUT they also know that he IS a fictional character -believe it or not- and i think what they really want is kinda just a guy to his standards. He doesn't have to be strong or hot or overly protective etc, (well you'd hope not) but I think they just like that he's true to Bella and respects her and pays attention and loves her with his whole heart. Idk i think girls just like that about Edward, that, and the looks etc.

It's not too late,

I guess it does portray that, but even though the girls who love it know that it's just a book. Yes, they may seem all totally obsessed and really want an Edward *hangs head* (I've been there) BUT they also know that he IS a fictional character -believe it or not- and i think what they really want is kinda just a guy to his standards. He doesn't have to be strong or hot or overly protective etc, (well you'd hope not) but I think they just like that he's true to Bella and respects her and pays attention and loves her with his whole heart. Idk i think girls just like that about Edward, that, and the looks etc.

So you want real life people to try to be as a fictional character portrayed as flawless? Is that even possible?

So you want real life people to try to be as a fictional character portrayed as flawless? Is that even possible?

not unless you hax.. and if you haxx god's code he gun be rilly mad :?

Saifzman.png

Stephen King on Twilight

Both Rowling and Meyer, theyre speaking directly to young people. ... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer cant write worth a darn. Shes not very good.

He goes on to say that he understands why the books are appealing, and I don't necessarily agree with his reasons but whatever.

Not huge fan of King as a writer but I love his personality. About time someone in the writing world took the time to let everyone know that Twilight sucks.

p2gq.jpg

I need another good book or series to read. D: Would you recommend that one?

It's not too late,

Stephen King on Twilight

Both Rowling and Meyer, theyre speaking directly to young people. ... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer cant write worth a darn. Shes not very good.

He goes on to say that he understands why the books are appealing, and I don't necessarily agree with his reasons but whatever.

Not huge fan of King as a writer but I love his personality. About time someone in the writing world took the time to let everyone know that Twilight sucks.

Oh, I laughed so hard when I read that, and especially when I read the reactions of the Twihards. Completely irrelevant/untrue stuff like "he's just jealous because he'll never be a great writer like Stephenie Meyer" or "when did King ever have a book of his turned into a major hit film?" (Umm, the Shawshank Redemption and Carrie, anyone?). Ahahahaha. I don't like King's books, but I love love love how he's a SMeyer-hater and a Rowling-fanboy <3:.

NOOOOO. Don't let this topic die. :shock: :o :(

It's not too late,

Stephen King on Twilight

Twilight is what is referred to as "chic lit" (according to past writing profs I've had). Basically, template trash written for 11-17 year old girls. It's where the money is in novels right now. Well, easy money anyways.

Stephen King on Twilight

Twilight is what is referred to as "chic lit" (according to past writing profs I've had). Basically, template trash written for 11-17 year old girls. It's where the money is in novels right now. Well, easy money anyways.

too bad money is more important than actually writing good novels. I miss the days when people wrote good novels just to write, and money wasn't involved. I remember the Count of Monte Cristo. Great book, not much profit for author though. Wish books would be as they were 200 years ago.

Saifzman.png

Ugh movie of that kinda sucked. It was a few years ago, though. Maybe I should watch it again.

& yeah, I guess Twilight is a girl's book. Seeings teen romance is usually for chicks.. Unless they guys are like, yeah. I still think the book is written well. >___< Except now everyone's getting into it, and the movie sucked.

It's not too late,

I still think the book is written well.

I'm still trying to decide if you're serious or being a very sneaky troll.

shes being serious :|

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yeh, guilty.

Well, for a teen romance it is anyways. But that's cos' i haven't read any other romances. XD

It's not too late,

Yeh, guilty.

Well, for a teen romance it is anyways. But that's cos' i haven't read any other romances. XD

Which begs the question, have you read any other literature period?

2009rb9.jpg

Yeh, guilty.

Some of her favourite novels are classics (by Jane Austen), such as Pride and Prejudice.

You don't want to know what I have been through; squealing for 5 hours at how cute Mr Darcy is when he smiles. (She likes the movie too)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Some of her favourite novels are classics (by Jane Austen), such as Pride and Prejudice.

You don't want to know what I have been through; squealing for 5 hours at how cute Mr Darcy is when he smiles. (She likes the movie too)

YES. I have read other literature, nub. -.-

& yeah, as Wongtong said, I like Austen and the Bronte sisters lots. AND, Mr. Darcy is hella cute when he smiles. (Old version here, people. New sucks) Specially at the enddd -squeals- XD

It's not too late,