Twilight.

saif

I've said it before and I'll say it again: do you really want a boyfriend who watches you sleep, takes the engine out of your car out of jealously, beats the crap out of you during your first night of sex, etc.?

Well, in their mindset, I'd say it doesn't matter if he's good looking, thats in their mindset mind.

I myself would never do that to anyone of course.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again: do you really want a boyfriend who watches you sleep, takes the engine out of your car out of jealously, beats the crap out of you during your first night of sex, etc.?

Lol, NOM, you never lay off, d'ya?

You pick out the worst parts, Bella doesn't see a fault in him, asides from not trusting the werewolves.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

Bella . . . doesn't see a fault in him.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay. That is exactly the point. This guy is a complete creep on so many levels, but he's just so friggin' SEXY it's okay. After all, he has sweet-smelling breath and sparkles. What's an unhealthy relationship next to that?

p2gq.jpg

The only thing I enjoy about Twilight is that it's getting people, who otherwise would've never even thought of picking up a book for enjoyment, to read; and a novel at that. Hopefully, there will be a small percentage of those people who go on to read other (better) books, so that they can truly understand just how garbage these books are.

I heard it sucks too,my friend read the book,it's plain sexist and Cliche.

Don't say it sucks until you read it nub. -_- Your statement means nothing at the moment. Cliche, depends on how many Vampire novels you've read. Sexist, how so?

And NOM. You have some serious issues. *Sigh* Bella loves him, and it's a made up story bud, so does it matter?

It's not too late,

...Bella and Edward don't have sex

It was written by a Mormon #-o

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

You're not getting it.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I'm scared of the effects these books have on society. Guys, never try to date a girl who reads Twilight. You will never live up to their expectations. You will never be Edward. Thank God you won't, but it still sucks to be judged that way.

Any girl that compares you to Edward Cullen is clearly never going to get a boyfriend. EVER. :lol:

Yet somehow they still do (A girl I know says her boyfriend is as close to Edward Cullentm as she's gonna get)

I'd say the same thing about mine :P

wtf :x

Saifzman.png

Don't say it sucks until you read it nub. -_- Your statement means nothing at the moment. Cliche, depends on how many Vampire novels you've read. Sexist, how so?

And NOM. You have some serious issues. *Sigh* Bella loves him, and it's a made up story bud, so does it matter?

How many books have you read Dream? Obviously not including Twilight and it's other equally crappy sequels. Magazines don't count either.

They do have sex, and have a vampire child that breaks Bella's back in a gruesome and unnecessary birth scene. The girl is then sold to Jacob as a consolation prize, since when it matures in seven years he'll be able to have sex with her instead of Bella. But this all happens in Breaking Dawn, so I suppose I just spoiled it for you.

SM being a Mormon has nothing to do with it, except to make sure that Bella and Edward got married first.

Yes, because made-up stories influence people whether you like it or not. Uncle Tom's Cabin was a piece of crap as far as writing goes, but the story it told was a huge factor in the eventual emancipation of the slaves later in the American Civil War. I can find lists of banned books that were banned because of the ideas they presented. Now why would these books be banned for these ideas if they couldn't influence the readers?

And here we come to Twilight, a book that does indeed present sexist ideas through representation in a relationship that is idealized. If you will stop telling me that I have issues and examine your own words, they speak in favor of this: "Bella loves him . . . so does it matter?" You're too wrapped up in the tru wuv aspect that you ignore the fact that Edward is the one with serious issues, not the poor forum goer that points them out.

So we have proof right here on this thread that Twilight influences people, and in a bad way. Twilight presents a highly unhealthy relationship as the ideal, which blinds the young women who read it to the unhealthy aspect and sets them into a fit of yearning for the "perfect" man, one like Edward. But he is not perfect. Far from it. The bruises he gives her would be a cause for an investigation into domestic violence, if it weren't for the fact that she becomes an immortal vampire and she's so head over heels for him that she wouldn't say anything anyway.

p2gq.jpg

How many books have you read Dream? Obviously not including Twilight and it's other equally crappy sequels. Magazines don't count either.

I have read many others, thankyou. I don't read magazines nub. -.-

It's not too late,

They do have sex, and have a vampire child that breaks Bella's back in a gruesome and unnecessary birth scene. The girl is then sold to Jacob as a consolation prize, since when it matures in seven years he'll be able to have sex with her instead of Bella. But this all happens in Breaking Dawn, so I suppose I just spoiled it for you.

SM being a Mormon has nothing to do with it, except to make sure that Bella and Edward got married first.

Yes, because made-up stories influence people whether you like it or not. Uncle Tom's Cabin was a piece of crap as far as writing goes, but the story it told was a huge factor in the eventual emancipation of the slaves later in the American Civil War. I can find lists of banned books that were banned because of the ideas they presented. Now why would these books be banned for these ideas if they couldn't influence the readers?

And here we come to Twilight, a book that does indeed present sexist ideas through representation in a relationship that is idealized. If you will stop telling me that I have issues and examine your own words, they speak in favor of this: "Bella loves him . . . so does it matter?" You're too wrapped up in the tru wuv aspect that you ignore the fact that Edward is the one with serious issues, not the poor forum goer that points them out.

So we have proof right here on this thread that Twilight influences people, and in a bad way. Twilight presents a highly unhealthy relationship as the ideal, which blinds the young women who read it to the unhealthy aspect and sets them into a fit of yearning for the "perfect" man, one like Edward. But he is not perfect. Far from it. The bruises he gives her would be a cause for an investigation into domestic violence, if it weren't for the fact that she becomes an immortal vampire and she's so head over heels for him that she wouldn't say anything anyway.

Yeah, what NOM said, they do have sex, once they've gotten married.

Maaaaan, my disliking of you is really growing, y'know. In case you didn't realize, A LOT of books influence people in a bad way. Twilight is not near the worst of them. What's so wrong with girls fantasizing about a book character? Obviously (sadly for some) they're never going to get thee perfect Edward, but what do you have against girls dreaming? He tried his best not to hurt her, and she begged him for it, and seeings he'd do anything for her.. There we go. PLUS. She married him, which was his condition. And then he had to fulfill hers, because he promise. So at least he kept that.

It's not too late,

Maaaaan, my disliking of you is really growing, y'know.

Charming.

What's so wrong with girls fantasizing about a book character? Obviously (sadly for some) they're never going to get thee perfect Edward, but what do you have against girls dreaming?

This book character isn't one to be fantasizing about. Somehow you managed to miss the entire point of what I wrote there: Girls fantasize about having an Edward, but they shouldn't be, because Bella and Edward's relationship is UNHEALTHY and promotes SEXIST ideals. They are fantasizing about having a man that will abuse them, and because Edward is portrayed as so perfect, they don't see it.

How many other books have a message like that and have been read by damn near every teenage girl on the planet?

N0M: You're saying it's not realistic at all.. NO ONE is perfect. So it is realistic in a way.

I am not saying that it is unrealistic in any way. Sadly it is very realistic; the kind of relationship that causes divorces and domestic violence charges. But because Edward is the star of the show, the "perfect man," this goes either undetected or ignored.

p2gq.jpg

Maaaaan, my disliking of you is really growing, y'know.

Charming.

What's so wrong with girls fantasizing about a book character? Obviously (sadly for some) they're never going to get thee perfect Edward, but what do you have against girls dreaming?

This book character isn't one to be fantasizing about. Somehow you managed to miss the entire point of what I wrote there: Girls fantasize about having an Edward, but they shouldn't be, because Bella and Edward's relationship is UNHEALTHY and promotes SEXIST ideals. They are fantasizing about having a man that will abuse them, and because Edward is portrayed as so perfect, they don't see it.

How many other books have a message like that and have been read by damn near every teenage girl on the planet?

N0M: You're saying it's not realistic at all.. NO ONE is perfect. So it is realistic in a way.

I am not saying that it is unrealistic in any way. Sadly it is very realistic; the kind of relationship that causes divorces and domestic violence charges. But because Edward is the star of the show, the "perfect man," this goes either undetected or ignored.

Grr to you, nub. *Scowls*

Okay, this is a fairly innocent book when you're not a nerd that looks right into areas & finds dirt about it. There are MUCH worse books. At least it's not a complete romance that ties your head in because the couple have sex every single chapter and is completely pointless to read. Twilight is a good read, it is a bit of a love story, and the people who've read it generally think it's written well. You overreact. Not every teenage girl on the planet reads it :!:

It's not too late,

I think you're exaggerating this whole 'abuse' thing. Edward does not ABUSE her. Accidently hurt her? Yes. The important thing is that he doesn't do it intentionally and he doesn't like doing it. Yes I think that Bella's sex drive in the fourth book is pretty pathetic. But if you're going to blame someone for that, blame Bella, not Edward. Who's the one with the sex obsession? Bella. She's the one who practically forces Edward to have sex with her on multiple accounts. Edward doesn't TRY to hurt her.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

=D> for Tripsis. Couldn't have said it better. It's true NOM, he doesn't abuse her. Cos' it's not on purpose at all. And pretty much just saying what he or she already did, Bella is the one that forces Edward to have sex with her.

It's not too late,

I hope everyone that likes Twilight dies a horrible, gruesome, wife-beater related death.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I hope everyone that likes Twilight dies a horrible, gruesome, wife-beater related death.

Awesome. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I think you're exaggerating this whole 'abuse' thing. Edward does not ABUSE her. Accidently hurt her? Yes. The important thing is that he doesn't do it intentionally and he doesn't like doing it. Yes I think that Bella's sex drive in the fourth book is pretty pathetic. But if you're going to blame someone for that, blame Bella, not Edward. Who's the one with the sex obsession? Bella. She's the one who practically forces Edward to have sex with her on multiple accounts. Edward doesn't TRY to hurt her.

The point is not the sex itself, but the mentality behind it and everything else in the relationship. Abuse is not only defined as the physical. Edward didn't touch her when he ripped the engine from her car to stop her from seeing Jacob. That doesn't make it any less of an abusive thing to do.

Is it really totally acceptable to you that Bella knows she is going to get the crap beat out of her if she has sex with Edward, but hell he's so sexy she wants it anyway? Putting aside Edward for a moment--after all, a relationship has two sides--and looking at things from Bella's side, is it really any better? She's the self-insert. She is the one whose shoes every girl reader will fill. And she is the one who is so totally blinded by the dazzling wonder boy that she begs him for sex despite knowing what will happen to her body. She contemplates jumping off a cliff because wonder boy leaves her.*

What does this say to the readers? "Don't worry, you'll find the perfect man, and he'll be just like Edward. Sex at all costs. He will never do anything to hurt you, so don't worry abut all those creepy and suspicious things he does. If the perfect man leaves you, your life is over, so kill yourself. And remember, he is PERFECT." Bella and Edward had a happy ending, so that makes it all better, and the readers will want such a happy ending as well.

And please note, this is by no means a universal case. I know that not every girl who reads Twilight is going to be affected in this way, but the target age is so impressionable and insecure about things like this that some, perhaps many, will.

*Hm, I read a story by Dreamtongirl that detailed pretty much the exact same circumstances. Coincidence? I think not.

p2gq.jpg

If you reread my post, you'll notice that I said:

Yes I think that Bella's sex drive in the fourth book is pretty pathetic. But if you're going to blame someone for that, blame Bella, not Edward.

I think that Bella's desire for sex in the fourth book is absolutely pathetic. I was disgusted when I read it. She made up all these lies about wanting to remain human longer for the sake of sex. The author basically spent three books telling us that what Bella wants more than anything is to become a vampire so she can be with Edward forever.. then that's all blown away in the fourth book when sex suddenly becomes more important. I find that to be pathetic. I never said it was acceptable.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah, sorry about that. I did see you write that, I just took the defense of Edward as an opportunity to look at the problems with Bella, since the two together make up this relationship after all.

p2gq.jpg