Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RUNE DEFENDER

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Kingkapugen
[ Display Name History ]

Kingkapugen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: WTF!@!@!@!@!@!@!

ok here is my story =[ one day i was sitting at the ge with my obby sheild and thought hay i want to go get a rune defender =]. so i go to the warriors guild get 1000 tokens and some good armour potions and food. i go up stairs talk to the girl about defenders and go in. i kill about 1000 giants!!!!!......and i didnt even get a bronze defender :wall: i wasted almost 2 hours and didnt even get a B R O N Z E defender. so i gave up -.-

does anyone no why the [bleep] i didnt get anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[mod edit please don't go around the censor - phil]

wa5t3dy0u7h
[ Display Name History ]

wa5t3dy0u7h

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • RSN:Wa5t3d y0u7h
i killed about 1200 tickets worth of cyclops and got 1 bronze.. its not a set value.. its random.. chill out and keep tryin..

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
World 46 Regular

Kingkapugen
[ Display Name History ]

Kingkapugen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts
helll no im pissed of at rs lol ill just stick with my obby sheild i guess=[ nutill i get my dfs

Roberthree
[ Display Name History ]

Roberthree

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,610 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Roberthree
  • Clan:TSG
i used about 3k tokens getting to rune. well worth the time. if you cant sit through that you'll never get a dfs lol.

wa5t3dy0u7h
[ Display Name History ]

wa5t3dy0u7h

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 195 posts
-.- ok...?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
World 46 Regular

RayOxide
[ Display Name History ]

RayOxide

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,530 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ray Skiller
  • Clan:Kinda back I guess.
The xp from cyclops and alchables add up aswell.
I dont need a siggy no moar.

wa5t3dy0u7h
[ Display Name History ]

wa5t3dy0u7h

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 195 posts

The xp from cyclops and alchables add up aswell.

agreed thats some good xp in there

big bones are also a plus.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
World 46 Regular

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts
I took 620 tokens from bronze to two rune. Keep at it.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Smapla
[ Display Name History ]

Smapla

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
ahem

i used several thousand for bronze, and then it sped up a bit. after that it is fairly easy to get many, many rune defenders.
Posted Image

Fairness
[ Display Name History ]

Fairness

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
Just never forget to exit each time after getting a new defender!
Posted Image

You're being watched.

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Just keep at it, it doesn't take long to kill 1000 Cyclops and the rune defender is well worth having. It took me about 2k tokens to get mine, but it varies from person to person.

Cacmypants
[ Display Name History ]

Cacmypants

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:5th Density
  • RSN2:Precise Nova
I was lucky, I went from steel straight to addy with less than 100 tickets, then rune took another 200

took about 300 tickets to get to steel.

hey only 600 tickets =]

sorry, but I dont share your frustration

Wallettheif
[ Display Name History ]

Wallettheif

Banned

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
I got from bronze to rune in about a few hours, heh. Just remember to exit after you get a new one and pray to whoever it is you pray to that you get a rune defender.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The game.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
It's a random drop. There are going to be times where you'll get no defenders and times where you get them in strings of kills

Kingkapugen
[ Display Name History ]

Kingkapugen

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts
I'm not even gana try again so I'll just have to get dfs or sara sword or just stick with obby sheild

FrostyGrunt
[ Display Name History ]

FrostyGrunt

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 76 posts
Rune Defenders aren't impossible to get, but there are a few things you can do to get one faster/more effeciently. If you just go in there and camp a cyclops you're never going to get anything.

The absolute best thing to do is bring a super set, whip/dragon scim, good food depending on how long you're going to stay in the room, wear a ring of wealth(a must) and to circulate through the room either in a clockwise or counter clockwise fashion killing cyclopses. It will do little good to sit and kill the same cyclopse over and over, or even kill them in a random pattern. I have done this many times, and always when I circulate through the room in a cirlce I get a defender MUCH faster.
Posted Image
Posted Image
-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

Imamonkey
[ Display Name History ]

Imamonkey

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 339 posts
I don't remember now how long it took me to get it. I do remember it seemed to take more time just getting the bronze one than it did all the others put together. I almost called it quits before I got the bronze. I finally got it, and as said, the others came pretty quickly. Just hang in there, you will get it.
Posted Image

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555
Giving up is never the answer. It took me about 5k tokens to make it all the way to rune -.-
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

funnisam
[ Display Name History ]

funnisam

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 268 posts
its just luck....

i got a new defender per 200 tickets, but recently when i tried to get more rune defenders i ended up spending about 1k tokens and havent had a single one.
Posted Image
Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

fbswift
[ Display Name History ]

fbswift

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts
took me 1200 to bronze, i now have 6 rune defenders and wear 1 constantly while fighting, unless i got my guthans on :). it's worth it and good experience, not the fastest but alch your drops and bank your bones, decent money for a poor person.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users