RUNE DEFENDER

Kingkapugen

I can speak to the fact that it's random, as I collected 1500 tokens expecting to struggle, and I got my rune within 250! Only bronze - steel were with a ring of wealth, as I figured a warrior/zerker ring would be more use to me

SoLawny.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I decided to go for it. I gave it one more try and after 5k toks I F I N A L Y got bronze!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: I'm trying to get Iron and it's not much easier

5000 toks sounds awfully high.. are you sure it was that many? I know 900 got me from bronze-2 rune, and recently I went back to get a couple more after hearing horror stories - got two within 100 tokens.

At what combat level?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

well I decided to go for it. I gave it one more try and after 5k toks I F I N A L Y got bronze!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: I'm trying to get Iron and it's not much easier

5000 toks sounds awfully high.. are you sure it was that many? I know 900 got me from bronze-2 rune, and recently I went back to get a couple more after hearing horror stories - got two within 100 tokens.

At what combat level?

1st time - ~105, 2nd time 134

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Hmm. You could consider yourself lucky then. :P

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

It took me like, oh, 1000 for bronze than another 2000 to get to rune.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

lots of tokens already.. and i still dont have a rune. =X

took me 5k to get Mith, t'was hell indeed. after that i got Adamant after 1 kill, then Rune Following it (had to leave room after each one obviously) but once you get 1 rune, getting multiples are easy as.

Popoto.~<3

Oh God! This brings up bad memories about my experience with Defenders >.> Took me about 2k tokens just to get steel, which kinda put me off of obtaining rune for a while, and when I came back the defenders just started flowing in. Although, I know people that got multiple rune def's just incase, I booked it once I got my Rune Def, and never went back to that horrid guild again xD

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

Rune Defenders aren't impossible to get, but there are a few things you can do to get one faster/more effeciently. If you just go in there and camp a cyclops you're never going to get anything.

The absolute best thing to do is bring a super set, whip/dragon scim, good food depending on how long you're going to stay in the room, wear a ring of wealth(a must) and to circulate through the room either in a clockwise or counter clockwise fashion killing cyclopses. It will do little good to sit and kill the same cyclopse over and over, or even kill them in a random pattern. I have done this many times, and always when I circulate through the room in a cirlce I get a defender MUCH faster.

Yeah, doing that, has nothing to do with chances of getting a defender...

Luck be a Lady

I think I got my rune defender in maybe 2 hours, maybe less...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• 2 weeks later...

50 Hours (3k tokens) seems like quite a long dry steak. Most likely, they're droppping and you're ignoring them :-P Don't forget: Defenders have no cash value, and as such appear UNDER the big bones and are quite hard to see. Always right-click cyclops drop piles, you might be surprised whats lurking under the bones! As for gear, Sacred Clay Platebody and Legs + Warrior/Zerker/Nieznot Helm and whip with your current defender adds up really, really fast xp even if you arent getting the drops.

The most annoying part is that I can't get back my stupid Black Defender without surrendering my rune one! Why should I have to work my way up to rune again just so I can go retrieve my black defender!

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

50 Hours (3k tokens) seems like quite a long dry steak. Most likely, they're droppping and you're ignoring them :-P Don't forget: Defenders have no cash value, and as such appear UNDER the big bones and are quite hard to see. Always right-click cyclops drop piles, you might be surprised whats lurking under the bones! As for gear, Sacred Clay Platebody and Legs + Warrior/Zerker/Nieznot Helm and whip with your current defender adds up really, really fast xp even if you arent getting the drops.

The most annoying part is that I can't get back my stupid Black Defender without surrendering my rune one! Why should I have to work my way up to rune again just so I can go retrieve my black defender!

-.- no i double clicked every one -.-

king_kapugen.png