RUNE DEFENDER

Kingkapugen

I currently going for a Rune Defender as I write this (Currently on black, and used around 1.5k tokens)

I agree/respect the fact for you being annoyed, having killed so much and not seen any reward would be annoying.

But I don't think they should change it, having it as one of those random/hard to obtain items makes it more fun and enjoyable for when you actually succeed with the task :P

Happy Christmas BTW :)

- Nucking

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remember it took me the longest to get bronze and rune, but everything in between was a pretty speedy process. I think it took me 5k tokens in all to get my first rune defender.

Also ring of wealth my help? I think I remember a topic about it a year ago if it helps or not, but always worth a try.

going around the room does not help... when i collected them heavily i trained on the same four for long periods of time and got a defender every 15 - 20 minutes

Considering his avatar, I think we should listen to Smapla.

I think I'll go back for another round and get a second rune defender. Those cyclops are rather easy to kill, drop a good number of black knives, and hey, why risk losing my only one and starting from scratch again?

But anyway, I suggest you get into the mindset not to get a rune defender, but to get XP, bones, etc. They are pretty weak and offer up some tasty XP, though not the fastest. Think of the defenders as a surprise. And make sure you always keep your second highest defender in the bank or when you get to rune, 2 rune defenders. You surely don't want to have to restart the process all over again :lol:

It's pure luck.

No such thing as luck on a computer. I program (not an expert, to be sure :P ), and you cannot create or do anything random on a computer. There is a SET drop rate somewhere in Jagex servers, if you kill a googolplex of them, you'll get exactly that many kills, on average, between defenders. I'd write out a googolplex to show you it, but even if each numeral was the size of an atom there wouldn't be enough space in the universe (by a factor of 24+) to write it. And that's writing the digits, not the number itself. (Yeah, I like numbers). Still, it's not random, it's precise and accurate. Just because you can only view a tiny sample range doesn't make it 'luck', it's like saying that rolling a dice is 'luck' - a machine designed to roll a die exactly the same way every time will get exactly the same number every time.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It's pure luck.

No such thing as luck on a computer. I program (not an expert, to be sure :P ), and you cannot create or do anything random on a computer. There is a SET drop rate somewhere in Jagex servers, if you kill a googolplex of them, you'll get exactly that many kills, on average, between defenders. I'd write out a googolplex to show you it, but even if each numeral was the size of an atom there wouldn't be enough space in the universe (by a factor of 24+) to write it. And that's writing the digits, not the number itself. (Yeah, I like numbers). Still, it's not random, it's precise and accurate. Just because you can only view a tiny sample range doesn't make it 'luck', it's like saying that rolling a dice is 'luck' - a machine designed to roll a die exactly the same way every time will get exactly the same number every time.

:o nicely sed :o

king_kapugen.png

• 3 weeks later...

Keep at it mate bronze takes the longest to get from everything ive heard then it slowly starts becoming a more common drop so your getting defenders faster rune is fairly common was getting one every 20 minutes today when i was getting some for PKing

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.pngVisage!!! 24/1/08

Fire cape acheived 8:48 pm 9/10/07

Ring of wealth people!!Although i took just under 2k tokens to get 3 defenders.

The ring will pay for itself very quickly!

Come 1 come all get you ring of wealth now at the ge for a low low price of 32.3k!!

^

This.

I got 4 Rune Defs in 500 Tokens with ROW. That might be just me though.

Jammy2222.png

its the bronze and mith 1 that took the longest time(52k tokens 4 bronze, 800 for mith) the rune 1 is the fastest: i killed 2cyclops after the addy and had 2 rune def... :lol:

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Heh, I've had several attempts to gain defenders, I have an iron and haven't had any motivation to continue. It takes to long, plus I have a DFS. I don't melee much anyways.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I agree that it's absolutely ridiculous. My boyfriend and I spent hours trying to get our defenders until I finally just went to bed, and I haven't had the motivation to continue since. My story isn't quite as bad as the OP's.. at least I went through over 1,000 tickets after several hours and got up to mithril, but it still takes a ridiculous amount of time.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Lately, there's been a lot of threads about defenders lol and I don't get it at all. It took me ~1.5k tokens to get 4 rune defenders and my stats were like 70s. Unless they nerfed it somehow since I got them 2 years ago, which I wouldn't understand why, I think everyone's just having bad luck.

I don't know if this is the case for everyone, I am sure it is not. But it was the case for me.

Every defender I got came easier. Bronze took the longest for me. Each time I got a new one took less kills than the last one. You would think it would have been the other way around, but that is how it worked out for me.

in4F.gif

52k tokens 4 bronze

52k tokens? That's 87 hours, I find that rather hard to believe. You would have gotten half your combat XP from that alone...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It took me about 5K tokens to get the lot, the rune defender took about 3K. The rest were comparatively quick.

It's just randomness, you should be grateful for the xp. It might be more worthwhile if you use sc armour and your normal weapons, you get through more food, but the occasional level makes up for it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

"52k tokens 4 bronze, 800 for mith"

rofl that's clearly not true.

you guys must be doing something wrong because I'm able to get all of them within 800 tokens, I had 13 rune in 1100.

Polnar.png