26th November 2008 - While Guthix Sleeps

Johannas

Well, I was looking for something more specific to what attacks seem to work best.

Has anyone used ancient magic on it? Can it be frozen by ancient magic spells? I haven't tried that yet.

Does magic work better than range or melee?

Is there a safe spot for ranging/maging it?

:)

Melee is probably the best. If you're having that much trouble hitting it, try veracs. Just make sure you super set + piety also and you'll be able to kill it in no time.

By the way, watch for when it switches combat styles. When it switches to a particular combat style, it will stay on that style for a little while, so you can keep switching protection prayers when you see it switch to melee/range/magic to avoid a lot of the damage. If you don't use protection prayers though, it won't switch combat styles, though I'm fairly certain if you try to safespot it while its in melee mode it will switch. I could be wrong though, worth a try if you're really desperate.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well. I guess I should have done all quests. But wtf, a 10m quest reward, that could get me 99 farming the fast way :shock:.

Hope it's still worth something by the time I've done the rest of the quests. What price do you guys think the pieces will stabilize at?

2dvjurb.png

Well, I was looking for something more specific to what attacks seem to work best.

Has anyone used ancient magic on it? Can it be frozen by ancient magic spells? I haven't tried that yet.

Does magic work better than range or melee?

Is there a safe spot for ranging/maging it?

:)

Melee is probably the best. If you're having that much trouble hitting it, try veracs. Just make sure you super set + piety also and you'll be able to kill it in no time.

By the way, watch for when it switches combat styles. When it switches to a particular combat style, it will stay on that style for a little while, so you can keep switching protection prayers when you see it switch to melee/range/magic to avoid a lot of the damage. If you don't use protection prayers though, it won't switch combat styles, though I'm fairly certain if you try to safespot it while its in melee mode it will switch. I could be wrong though, worth a try if you're really desperate.

After dds specing him. I ran to the other side of the stone and started ranging him. Took awhile, but he only started maging me when i was next to the stone and ranging from a few squares away. One pray pot did it. Realized afterwards that all my stats were down. Wish I knew that fact b4 to get the super restore.

Now just want to see how you make a dpbody and what to do of those strange keey loop & teeth.

Yes. I did not realize my stats were being drained until the 3rd attempt! LOL! No wonder it was so hard.

I decided to use ancients which worked well. Needed 2 super restores.

Thanks for the responses!!

Compens.png

Yes. I did not realize my stats were being drained until the 3rd attempt! LOL! No wonder it was so hard.

I decided to use ancients which worked well. Needed 2 super restores.

Thanks for the responses!!

Nice one =D> For anyone else having trouble you could also try taking a fighting familiar. I died once so took a war tortoise with me the second time to carry some extra food. The tortoise actually distracted the elemental enough for me to get some extra blows in and kill him fairly quickly - only used maybe five tuna potatoes that time :thumbsup:

Me with my Dragon Platebody after doing While Guthix Sleeps.

I was in world 2 and people were buying shard pieces for 3a mage robe tops and the DPB for 3a kite and stuff. Not bad, so I got one.

RS_64.jpg

RS_62.jpg

And to gulffrit:

Use the keys on a mith dragon that is not atacking you to make the Kin Key which opens Mithril Door. Down there you'll find 3 heads which you cast fire blast on and can repair the DPB.

09144a99bb.png

I think the quest is bugged. Im at the part where you kill elite's for armour, and I got the plate and helm straight away but not the legs. Others told me they got all three parts on first guard they killed.

I killed over 200 and no legs. Any suggestions? :-k

Noone knows how to get all 3 pieces of the elite armour during the quest?

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

There are tons of glitches and bugs... it's pissing me off. Jagex doesn't even bother to test the damn quest.

Just look in the black knight's dungeon, a whole bridge is missing. How the hell do you miss that jagex?

I am now STUCK in this quest because of this third glitch I have found. The elites have stopped dropping helms... so I have a plate and legs, but no helm. I've killed over 50 of them... no helm. Jesus christ. I was looking foward to that 10M reward TODAY.

Thanks jagex.

HAVE YOU TRIED "JUMP-ACROSS BROKEN BRIDGE?"

Good lord.

I had no problem getting the helm and I was one of the first people to finish.

There are tons of glitches and bugs... it's pissing me off. Jagex doesn't even bother to test the damn quest.

Just look in the black knight's dungeon, a whole bridge is missing. How the hell do you miss that jagex?

I am now STUCK in this quest because of this third glitch I have found. The elites have stopped dropping helms... so I have a plate and legs, but no helm. I've killed over 50 of them... no helm. Jesus christ. I was looking foward to that 10M reward TODAY.

Thanks jagex.

HAVE YOU TRIED "JUMP-ACROSS BROKEN BRIDGE?"

Good lord.

I had no problem getting the helm and I was one of the first people to finish.

Rofl... My thoughts exactly. How can you honestly miss that.

09144a99bb.png

I think the quest is bugged. Im at the part where you kill elite's for armour, and I got the plate and helm straight away but not the legs. Others told me they got all three parts on first guard they killed.

I killed over 200 and no legs. Any suggestions? :-k

Noone knows how to get all 3 pieces of the elite armour during the quest?

Since most people, including myself, had those 3 pieces in the first 3 kills, it seems best to try to buy from another player?

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

wow best quest in a long while, it was pretty fun and i liked the story line, best part is the epilogue ending. and i made 11mill off this quest just by selling drag shard, elite armor and dagonhai armor at max price.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

wow best quest in a long while, it was pretty fun and i liked the story line, best part is the epilogue ending. and i made 11mill off this quest just by selling drag shard, elite armor and dagonhai armor at max price.

Don't forget 4x100,000 exp in any skill.

400k rc exp ftw :thumbup: .

\' I finished the quest \'

For anyone having trouble with the level 400+ guy at the end: Switching prayer is the key to success. I tried a couple of times with melee prayer only, and high mage defense gear, and had to give up after eating all my 16 tuna potatoes. When I changed to the 'keep switching prayer' method, I only used two potatoes. Go figure. Also: use the piety prayer if you can and keep an eye on your stats to see when to sip a super restore.

Xena_Dragon.png

Finished this quest this morning, yay for doubling my bank account worth! I loved the 2 fights at the end, the Elemental was pretty easy, as long as you keep an eye on what he is using, you'll be fine. Only got hit like 20~ damage! :D

Can't wait for the next part to this quest. :)

Does anyone know if the Rs-Wiki item list for the quest is complete? If it is then I can start the quest tomorrow in the knowledge I have everything required. :)

its pretty much complete except sometimes theyre not exactly clear by what they mean

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Assisting does not work

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

The hidden Dragonkin cutscene after the quest:

[hide=]08-11-27110650.png

08-11-27110658.png

08-11-27110707.png

08-11-27110711.png

08-11-27110717.png

08-11-27110718.png

08-11-27110719.png

08-11-27110720.png

The end went so fast, I missed 2 lines of text, but I got most of it. Very curious Indeed.[/hide]

Also some more DragonKin clues in the Postbag:

[hide=]Betentacled Ganondorf7769,

Ralvash is gone; Muspah, famous, sleeps with the fishies, if fishies frozen could be. That's where the shadows are shadowed, and even the delvers don't dare. Bizarre: one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift - and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye.

Gentlemen,

I recall with great pleasure those days that you, of course, do not. Nial was there, but he was different then, just like you all. Time changes us all, as do curses. I pray you forgive me for this.

B.Y.

What's in Raktuber this year? A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes. That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power. Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not.

This great, high, uplifted land, Corrupt and Natural, and all things bound within the soul of the slayer - whose land is it? The red and the green, but not entirely like or unlike the ramblings of a mad, dead man.

Within a darkening universe,

Reappropriated Polychromatic Reptile[/hide]

dawnsigblue-3.png