Dragon Claws

Ajdinp

If the dragon claws are overpowered, the Armadyl Godsword is overpowered. It's more accurate, and is a better weapons besides the special. I still don't know if dragon claws have a better special attack, but if they're overpowered, AGS is too.

However dragon claws only require 60 attack, but no one cares about attack requirements anymore (or at least they shouldn't). As long as it's over a certain point, it means there won't be pures made just for it. But seriously, I don't think there will be "dragon claw" pures. If there are, with 60 attack only, I'm not worried, they'll be quite innacurate.

That's the big downside to the dragon claws. They're innacurate. However, I think they still hit as much damage if you only hit 3/4 times as 4/4 (I think the bunch the hits together like 0%-100%-50%-50% from what I saw). If you miss twice, the damage is reduced, I think, so its low accuracy is its weakness.

However, we don't exactly know the pattern yet... One way or another, they have low accuracy compared to the AGS, so they won't be overpowered unless you classify AGS the same.

(it wasn't that bad of an arguement, btw.) People are complaining about this being overpowered because of it's price. If it was 30M+ trade price, no one would complain.

It's because it's cheap.

It's not all that accurate, but for the damage it can do it's a VERY dangerous weapon. I know if I was in Bount Hunter or some other place and had just pk'd something nice, I certainly wouldn't want to bump into someone with claws.

However, I think they still hit as much damage if you only hit 3/4 times as 4/4 (I think the bunch the hits together like 0%-100%-50%-50% from what I saw)
That isn't how it works. If you want me to, I could upload a load of pics I have of the spec. Some of the hits are random, I'll agree with that. But others, follow the pattern that was posted previously. 100%-50%-25%-25% . Most of my pictures follow that pattern, although a small few of the numbers have been rounded off.

By trade price, what do you mean? If you mean Grand Exchange, then yes, they're too low. However, no one sells on the GE unless they're dumb enough to use coinshare. If you mean market world-2esque junk trading black market kinda thing, I swore I saw people buying for more than 30mil.

I also hear that dragon claws are twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt, and it requires all quests beaten (in the future, most of them). However, I'm sure that people have more trouble fighting Kree'ara than Tormented Demons...

If you want to call something overpowered for its price, look at the dragon dagger. Going by your rules, it should have been "nerfed" years ago.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the claws actually buyable on the GE? I want to merch them :oops:

No, they're Impossible to buy on the Ge. Hence the reason people are offering 60M+ for them.

You can't Merchant something you can't get 8-)

True ::'

How is it possible though? I don't even have a clue how junk trading works :|

If the dragon claws are overpowered, the Armadyl Godsword is overpowered. It's more accurate, and is a better weapons besides the special. I still don't know if dragon claws have a better special attack, but if they're overpowered, AGS is too.

However dragon claws only require 60 attack, but no one cares about attack requirements anymore (or at least they shouldn't). As long as it's over a certain point, it means there won't be pures made just for it. But seriously, I don't think there will be "dragon claw" pures. If there are, with 60 attack only, I'm not worried, they'll be quite innacurate.

That's the big downside to the dragon claws. They're innacurate. However, I think they still hit as much damage if you only hit 3/4 times as 4/4 (I think the bunch the hits together like 0%-100%-50%-50% from what I saw). If you miss twice, the damage is reduced, I think, so its low accuracy is its weakness.

However, we don't exactly know the pattern yet... One way or another, they have low accuracy compared to the AGS, so they won't be overpowered unless you classify AGS the same.

(it wasn't that bad of an arguement, btw.) People are complaining about this being overpowered because of it's price. If it was 30M+ trade price, no one would complain.

It's because it's cheap.

It's not all that accurate, but for the damage it can do it's a VERY dangerous weapon. I know if I was in Bount Hunter or some other place and had just pk'd something nice, I certainly wouldn't want to bump into someone with claws.

However, I think they still hit as much damage if you only hit 3/4 times as 4/4 (I think the bunch the hits together like 0%-100%-50%-50% from what I saw)
That isn't how it works. If you want me to, I could upload a load of pics I have of the spec. Some of the hits are random, I'll agree with that. But others, follow the pattern that was posted previously. 100%-50%-25%-25% . Most of my pictures follow that pattern, although a small few of the numbers have been rounded off.

By trade price, what do you mean? If you mean Grand Exchange, then yes, they're too low. However, no one sells on the GE unless they're dumb enough to use coinshare. If you mean market world-2esque junk trading black market kinda thing, I swore I saw people buying for more than 30mil.

I also hear that dragon claws are twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt, and it requires all quests beaten (in the future, most of them). However, I'm sure that people have more trouble fighting Kree'ara than Tormented Demons...

If you want to call something overpowered for its price, look at the dragon dagger. Going by your rules, it should have been "nerfed" years ago.

Wait, I think you misread what I typed or I typed it all out wrong.

What I was trying to say in that is that some people are saying it's overpowered because how cheap it is, Grand Exchange price.

I certainly don't want it nerfed, it's fine just as it is.

Are the claws actually buyable on the GE? I want to merch them :oops:

No, they're Impossible to buy on the Ge. Hence the reason people are offering 60M+ for them.

You can't Merchant something you can't get 8-)

True ::'

How is it possible though? I don't even have a clue how junk trading works :|

Junk trading doesn't really gain you any real profit unless you made it yourself.

Take for example, maple (u) bows. People add Thousands of them to a trade to bump the price of the item up. It's really just limiting the amount of people that can buy the item. I.e. No lvl 60 for example would be able to afford it if it's 60M (some might) but the average, level 120 would be. They can buy it then get rid of the junk through lending it out or some other method thus meaning they got the claws for trade price.

If you make the junk yourself it's 100% profit but it takes a LONG time.

So, a pair of claws worth 500k are put in a trade along with 60k maple (u) long bows worth 8640k meaning the total price of the trade is 9140k but the 8640k maple (u) you receive is basically useless. Something that you can never sell.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

But why on Runescape do they care about the Grand Exchange price? With the junk trading black market (spooky woowoooo), people can mess with prices all they want. Sure, the junk isn't free, but if you're planning on selling, you better be prepared, or just wait for the GE price to go up. The GE price is going up very very fast, so its only a matter of time.

trains2.png

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

But why on Runescape do they care about the Grand Exchange price? With the junk trading black market (spooky woowoooo), people can mess with prices all they want. Sure, the junk isn't free, but if you're planning on selling, you better be prepared, or just wait for the GE price to go up. The GE price is going up very very fast, so its only a matter of time.

Because people CAN get them from the GE due to coinshared drops. Something worth 600k that's as powerful spec wise as the ags is classed as overpowered by a lot of people.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Because people CAN get them from the GE due to coinshared drops. Something worth 600k that's as powerful spec wise as the ags is classed as overpowered by a lot of people.

the chance to get them from the GE is minimal, seriously. The price tag isnt the reason why people complain it's overpowered. The reason they complain is that, IF you get lucky with the spec, you are dead, instantly. Period. (sorry soma, but most people dont wear divine shields in pvp, and constantly top off their hp to 115, and have shark and tuna tater ready to instantly eat). Since most people dont post their junk specs, people think you get those insanely high specs everytime.

Difference with ags then is that it's max is a lil higher, and it can do 2 specs in the time ags does one spec. Ags on the other hand seems to be more accurate, from what I hear.

the chance to get them from the GE is minimal, seriously. The price tag isnt the reason why people complain it's overpowered. The reason they complain is that, IF you get lucky with the spec, you are dead, instantly. Period. (sorry soma, but most people dont wear divine shields in pvp, and constantly top off their hp to 115, and have shark and tuna tater ready to instantly eat). Since most people dont post their junk specs, people think you get those insanely high specs everytime.

Difference with ags then is that it's max is a lil higher, and it can do 2 specs in the time ags does one spec. Ags on the other hand seems to be more accurate, from what I hear.

Special wise, I think the claws are accurate. Ags is good because it's used as a main weapon whereas the claws wouldn't be.

The chance of someone getting the claws is minimal, I know that. I'm just showing an example. People will always complain about this item until it is nerfed or whatever.

I said why "some" people complain about why it's overpowered is because of how cheap it is. I didn't say everyone, did I?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Actually Carl, it was already discussed in the other thread. There seems to be a pattern but it's not a fixed 100% - 50% - 25% - 25%.

It seems to be that, barring a few rare hits, for every special attack, the damage from the first attack that hit is roughly equal in value to the total damage of the other three attacks.

36 - 18 - 10 - 9, for example, has 36 damage on the first attack, and 37 damage for the other three. This holds true far more often than the 100% - 50% - 25% - 25% theory, since even in that video, there are multiple hits like:

35 - 34 - 0 - 1

0 - 28 - 15 - 14

Or the like. However, it still doesn't explain the oddball hits like the 9 - 9 - 6 - 5 or the 12 - 11 - 6 -5 that I saw. My guess is that there are set patterns for your attack to follow, depending on which attack hit first.

For example, if the first attack hit, the pattern could be:

Full, Half, Quarter, Quarter

Full, Half, Half, Zero

Full, Full, Zero, Zero

Half, Half, Quarter, Quarter

That would explain the various patterns we seem, with one being more common. However, if the first attack were to miss, then it goes on to the next hit in the same way:

Full, Half, Half

Full, Full, Zero

Then again, it goes on to the last 2 hits if the first two both missed.

Full, Full

Or if one of those missed,

Full

That theory seems more accurate than the one you have now, although I'm pretty sure it's flawed too, waiting to be proved wrong by yet another bizarre hit. But in general, it seems that the claws are inclined to hit fairly high with their special, and once you hit, all following blows will hit. Some may hit 0 or not hit at all because of the victim dying, but otherwise, their damage seems calculated off the first. As for the slight error (hitting a 1-0 instead of 0-0), I have no idea. I doubt it's rounding since Jagex's damage system always floors values...

the max hit was thought to be 40-41 at first, because its one strength bonus more then d mace (no shield) and d mace is 40 max no spec.

there is a 48 bellow, this leads me to believe the max hit could possibly be 99 with all of the specs combined, and that the "chance to deal great damage" or whatever it says, imo means it can increase the max hit, or that it just gives 10% bonus to strength (or whatever % it may be)

the max hit is at 2:06, if you want to see it in the video, it also nerfs ALL these theories about the spec being max hit first two, and the others are halved. he hit all 0's and then smashed him with a 48 on the 2/4th hit.

48-Dclaws.png

Wow, that video showed me 1 thing: pvp is completely about luck with those claws! (really what were the stats you are on.. but 2 "lucky" specs = guaranteed death, and at least 50% of the time it is "lucky" according to your vid!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Full

That theory seems more accurate than the one you have now, although I'm pretty sure it's flawed too, waiting to be proved wrong by yet another bizarre hit. But in general, it seems that the claws are inclined to hit fairly high with their special, and once you hit, all following blows will hit. Some may hit 0 or not hit at all because of the victim dying, but otherwise, their damage seems calculated off the first. As for the slight error (hitting a 1-0 instead of 0-0), I have no idea. I doubt it's rounding since Jagex's damage system always floors values...

I know what I wrote is far off, but a lot of the hits are common.

As you said, mostly it's based on your first it.

If your first hit is a 1, the chances are it'll be just 1-0 and the other two hits won't appear. Or even 0-1 without the other two hits showing. That's not when the opponent is already near dieing.

Quite often, my first his with a spec will be 1-0 or 0-1 and the other two hits will not show.

But alot of the time the three hits do add up the 4th hit.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Wow, that video showed me 1 thing: pvp is completely about luck with those claws! (really what were the stats you are on.. but 2 "lucky" specs = guaranteed death, and at least 50% of the time it is "lucky" according to your vid!

1. It's not his video.

2. Of course most of the specials in the video are good. Why would anyone make a video with bad specials?

Having had a chance to PK with those claws before, they are good. But they are not as super godly as so many people are making them out to be. They are fairly weak as a primary attack weapon, and any high level PKer will be forced to use a scimitar instead of a whip because of these claws. Their special is more reliable than a DDS, but when my brother was using it in castle wars, it didn't do much better than a DDS on decent armor.

It's basically a high level version of the dragon dagger, and I have a feeling that was what it was meant to be.

Cheefoo, you don't need to do While Guthix Sleeps to use the claws.

I never said you had to... Where did that come from? Were you even reading?

trains2.png

I don't think he was, trying to boost his post count by posting random things ftl? :thumbdown:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I don't think he was, trying to boost his post count by posting random things ftl? :thumbdown:

Yeah, I hate when people do that. [/slighthypocrisy]

trains2.png

You don't need to hate me because we have different opinions you know.

And Cheefoo, you said you had to every quest in the game for them.

"I also hear that dragon claws are twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt, and it requires all quests beaten (in the future, most of them)."

You might have ment that you needed every quest to get them as a drop, but that doesn't seem very relevant.... most people buy them.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

And cheefoo, you said you had to every quest in the game for them.

Every quest in the game to obtain them (to get them as a drop) he meant.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

"I also hear that dragon claws are twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt, and it requires all quests beaten (in the future, most of them)."

You might have ment that you needed every quest to get them as a drop, but that doesn't seem very relevant.... most people buy them.

Edited the post, but was too late I guess.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Edited the post, but was too late I guess.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?! The only way to obtain them is to get them as a drop! If no one gets them as a drop, no one can buy them! Gosh, I can't do this anymore... #-o

What were you thinking...? :wall:

I'm using lots of smileys in this post. Yay for me! :thumbsup:

trains2.png

Yes, but its usually a few people getting the claws for everyone, right? So most people will buy them, not obtain them themselves. So the fact that few can actually fight the demons doesn't really matter. With the cash you will have your very own dragon claws within a min.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Yes, but its usually a few people getting the claws for everyone, right? So most people will buy them, not obtain them themselves.

Then there will be only a few claws in existance...

What I was trying to say is the rarity of them, not how to get them. I was just stating how they were obtained. You get them from level 454's as a drop that's twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt (from what I hear), and you need to beat just about all the quests to get to them. Come on, read closely already... #-o

trains2.png

Yes, but its usually a few people getting the claws for everyone, right? So most people will buy them, not obtain them themselves.

What I was trying to say is the rarity of them, not how to get them. I was just stating how they were obtained. You get them from level 454's as a drop that's twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt (from what I hear), and you need to beat just about all the quests to get to them. Come on, read closely already... #-o

Still, plenty of people are walking around with them though. And the day you meet one you are most likely dead :|

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Yes, but its usually a few people getting the claws for everyone, right? So most people will buy them, not obtain them themselves. So the fact that few can actually fight the demons doesn't really matter. With the cash you will have your very own dragon claws within a min.

Have you ever heard of supply and demand? You can't demand something that isn't in supply! That's why the claws are going up. Lots of people want them, but not many people are killing them. Ugh, if you have any influence on the market, this is why no one's killing them... They think dragon claws come out of thin air... #-o

trains2.png

Still, plenty of people are walking around with them though. And the day you meet one you are most likely dead :|

But where did they get the claws? Buy from someone? Maybe, but the claws came from the demons. Okay, do you get it? Claws don't just appear when you try and buy them. #-o

Oops, didn't notice I had two posts in a row. Amundogus likes to communicate through editing his old posts... Thought he actually made another post.

trains2.png

But where did they get the claws? Buy from someone? Maybe, but the claws came from the demons. Okay, do you get it? Claws don't just appear when you try and buy them. #-o

Oops, didn't notice I had two posts in a row. Amundogus likes to communicate through editing his old posts... Thought he actually made another post.

My point is they are overpowered. Doesn't really matter how rare they are.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg