Dragon Claws

Ajdinp

I wonder... Do you think they should nerf them? So far, I never killed anyone who had dragon claws and specced me. They are very very good, to a point of being overpowered. I don't care how rare or expensive, they can kill within seconds, before people can react.

you've never killed a d claw'er before? it's sometimes a matter of luck, just like the dds, you will get killed in a couple of hits, or you won't lose any HP.

i disagrees with the nerfing. the special is competes perfectly with AGS. my max hit so far is a 61 with claws, 65 with AGS and i used the exact same combo.

The Saradomin Godsword special attack cancels it out nicely if you are dueling ( as in if you know you are going to be specced by the Claws) and you hit them with it at the same time and you actually hit.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagrees with the nerfing. the special is competes perfectly with AGS. my max hit so far is a 61 with claws, 65 with AGS and i used the exact same combo.

The only problem I have with that is that there is a large attack requirement gap between the two.

Not that it is a big deal, just doesn't fit the over all pattern of weapon types and reqs.

Claws are a bittersweet item.

Their only overpowering factor is they hit so quick for their damage capability, and I am torn on if they really should be nerfed or not.

While their speed is quick, claws do have one downfall, and that is luck. Unlike any other weapon, claws do have a MAX on their specials of about 70-80. (100% 50% 25% 25% is a perfect combo). A dds in theory COULD hit 40-60+ damage per special, adding up to much more damage by the time your specials are done. With a dds you have 4 times to get lucky to hit, claws you have 2 times, and are limited by its max. Just like a dds, or AGS, if you survive the specials, your opponent will be disoriented and have a much harder time to get a ko.

In a time setting, lets look at a few things:

Claws vs. DDS

In 2 hits, assuming you get lucky, claws could do over 100 damage.

Based on reaction time, In 2 hits, you can eat 0 shark healing 0 hp.

If you eat a shark, it is likely it wont get added on until after the 2nd hit has be added.

In 2 hits, assuming you get lucky, dds could do over 80 damage.

Based on reaction time, In 2 hits, you can eat one shark healing 20 hp.

DDS also gets 2 more hits, for a string of constant damage. If the specials don't kill you, it certainly takes out food, making your opponent weaker than you.

Most players who pk (who can use these items) are within 80-90 hp. A lucky hit from either item COULD ko, but if you get unlucky, neither one will.

Claws vs. AGS

Claws hit 2 hits in the time an AGS hits once.

In 2 hits, assuming you get lucky, claws could do over 100 damage.

Based on reaction time, In 2 hits, you can eat 0 shark healing 0 hp.

In 2 hits, assuming you get lucky, an AGS could do over 140 damage.

Based on reaction time, In 2 hits, you can two sharks healing 40 hp.

In proportion, claws and AGS really have the same damage potential. If anything AGS has one advantage, which is the element of a "Supprise special". Not knowing when a special attack will come. As soon as you pull claws out, you could put on melee prot. pray or start eating to increase your chances of survival. With an AGS you cant do that. Not to mention an AGS has higher natural hits, in the 40+ range so if your special fails, you can back it up.

Now where claws get lethal is where pures are concerned.

Most pures have low defence or lower hitpoints than normal, which is a bad thing for anyone who has their hands on these at an early level. If you have 90+ defence, claws dont hit near as much as they do on someone with 70, or even 1 defence.

To show the lethally of a pure here is a video of my friend to show just how dangerous claws can really be at lower levels:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=D3W1M9yFqR8&fmt=22

Point being, higher levels have enough defense to block most of their 2 hit lethality, while lower players do not. D claws are one of the only dragon items that DONT require a quest to use.

I dont think a nerfing on the power is necessary. Instead I believe the claws should work as normal weapons, but you CANNOT USE THE SPECIAL until you complete While Guthix Sleeps. That is the best way to balance them without ruining them as a weapon.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Claws are not overpowered... They suck beyond their special attack. However, I do wholly agree that you should NEED to complete WGS to use the special, as well as wear the Dragon Plate. I'm willing to bet the price on the D plate would go up if you had to complete the quest to wear it... It'd be more prestigous to wear one than it currently is now, giving more people an incentive to own one.

td2sig.jpg

Don't worry they will never be nerfed seeing how they are JUNK.

So many people in castle wars come up to me with claws and try the spec.

All I see most of the time are 4 0s rofl...

Never been hit for more than a 30 maybe it only works experiments, rock crabs, and noobs.

you obviously want to dismay the claw owners into believing your testimony, but it won't work!

claws minimal damage is 1 (2 splashes with a 1 and 0) and the maximum damage is anything thats your highest hit with claws and half of that with two 25% of your highest hit which makes 4 splashes.

Dismay? I call it helping out those who don't have a clue.

I mean Jagex even threw out a bone on this one with the starting price.

Obviously they just made it for completeness, not that it was unique or anything.

As for facts, minimum damage is 0. I mean if they spec you and you still have 99 hps what else could it be?

Alot of the owners of this junk are 130+, so they have 99 attack and more than likely pot.

I don't pot in cw so take it for what it is, and that is a weapon for spec'ing the defenseless.

Of course be my guest if you want to break your bank to buy one that is no more effective than a 45K dagger that poisons and only needs one hand.

I mean Runescape players are into fads and always overlook quality.

They cry about the dragonplate stats yet junk and bh trade for a 3rd age plate that has worse stats.

Anyhow, its all good for Jagex seeing how they run things over the past year.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Instead I believe the claws should work as normal weapons, but you CANNOT USE THE SPECIAL until you complete While Guthix Sleeps. That is the best way to balance them without ruining them as a weapon.

I am in complete agreement. This would balance this weapon out, giving the power to those who deserve it, while still allowing us range pures a chance!

To date I have died 5 times to claw users who have rune out of a safe zone and 2 hit me. I did not have a chance against this weapon when used like this. 4 dds specs I can eat through, 2 claw specs I cannot. Surely a nerf is coming to eliminate the spec from low level players?

Don't worry they will never be nerfed seeing how they are JUNK.

So many people in castle wars come up to me with claws and try the spec.

All I see most of the time are 4 0s rofl...

Never been hit for more than a 30 maybe it only works experiments, rock crabs, and noobs.

you obviously want to dismay the claw owners into believing your testimony, but it won't work!

claws minimal damage is 1 (2 splashes with a 1 and 0) and the maximum damage is anything thats your highest hit with claws and half of that with two 25% of your highest hit which makes 4 splashes.

Dismay? I call it helping out those who don't have a clue.

I mean Jagex even threw out a bone on this one with the starting price.

Obviously they just made it for completeness, not that it was unique or anything.

As for facts, minimum damage is 0. I mean if they spec you and you still have 99 hps what else could it be?

Alot of the owners of this junk are 130+, so they have 99 attack and more than likely pot.

I don't pot in cw so take it for what it is, and that is a weapon for spec'ing the defenseless.

Of course be my guest if you want to break your bank to buy one that is no more effective than a 45K dagger that poisons and only needs one hand.

I mean Runescape players are into fads and always overlook quality.

They cry about the dragonplate stats yet junk and bh trade for a 3rd age plate that has worse stats.

Anyhow, its all good for Jagex seeing how they run things over the past year.

He's mentioning the fact that what you described is impossible. You will NEVER hit 0, you have obviously not tried them. They have both dd++ and armadyl godsword beat by far, therefore making them worth the extra cost.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Bleh I would have much rather had something like 3a mage equipment sense it's equivalent to ahrims offensively at least. Nice trade anyway. I can confirm that dragon claws are amazing. I dueled a few people the other day in full tank gear including dfs with piety and their specials ripped through me each time.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Bleh I would have much rather had something like 3a mage equipment sense it's equivalent to ahrims offensively at least. Nice trade anyway. I can confirm that dragon claws are amazing. I dueled a few people the other day in full tank gear including dfs with piety and their specials ripped through me each time.

I was overly happy about the trade, I have since, been offered 3a mage top + bottoms. But, I prefare my helm.

I posted some pics on the screeny thread of it.

I don't like the claws anymore because you really can notice how much they've been nerfed.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I was overly happy about the trade, I have since, been offered 3a mage top + bottoms. But, I prefare my helm.

I don't like the claws anymore because you really can notice how much they've been nerfed.

So, they WERE nerfed?

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

So, they WERE nerfed?

This is the 2nd nerf the first one was changing the way the special worked happened 2nd day. But yes they got an accuracy drop because well everyone was running around specialing people for monster hits. They are a bit more accurate than the AGS and it's harder to unlock their potentional to hit massive now. But they still special 100+ it's just rarer.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

So, they WERE nerfed?

This is the 2nd nerf the first one was changing the way the special worked happened 2nd day. But yes they got an accuracy drop because well everyone was running around specialing people for monster hits. They are a bit more accurate than the AGS and it's harder to unlock their potentional to hit massive now. But they still special 100+ it's just rarer.

lmao, they were never nerfed. i had my claws a few days after release date and im always hitting the same special.

Hey guys, i have some questions id like too ask .

- Where do you get them?

- HOW do you get them?

- What are its stats?

- What is its special like?

hopefully people could anwser these and help out others wanting to find out, seein as the only attention atm is focused on the plate.

TY.

<3

-You can get them from a drop. (don't know which monster)

-It's special is 4 very fast attacks like the dds, but 4 instead of 2.

Like someone else said, it can be a good combo with a Saradomin Sword because they are both 2-handed weapons.

modmarkg.jpg

Ufosssssssss.png

Hey guys, i have some questions id like too ask .

- Where do you get them?

- HOW do you get them?

- What are its stats?

- What is its special like?

hopefully people could anwser these and help out others wanting to find out, seein as the only attention atm is focused on the plate.

TY.

<3

-You can get them from a drop. (don't know which monster)

-It's special is 4 very fast attacks like the dds, but 4 instead of 2.

Like someone else said, it can be a good combo with a Saradomin Sword because they are both 2-handed weapons.

You get them from tormented demons (only killable after While Guthix Sleeps).

As for this so-called nerf, I would like to see a pic of a J-mod saying this... I've been killing people all afternoon with them and I haven't sensed much of a change. (I'll try checking the RSOF, but if you have a pic of a J-mod saying the were nerfed, please post it. Until I see a pic, I will consider this rumor a try at price manipulation.)

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I've been hearing brief rumors that you can get them from the KBD as well.

It kinda makes sense, a Dust Devils to Kalphite Queen situation, but no pic no proof etc. and I don't have time to do a thorough investigation.

However! The reason these rumors are so brief may be because the KBD does drop them and the people getting the drops don't want other people to know... Hmm...

2dgucz6.png

It kinda makes sense, a Dust Devils to Kalphite Queen situation, but no pic no proof etc. and I don't have time to do a thorough investigation.

However! The reason these rumors are so brief may be because the KBD does drop them and the people getting the drops don't want other people to know... Hmm...

More like an attempt to drop the price on them. And yes, the nerf rumors were also a myth, I just tested them.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

So, they WERE nerfed?

lmao, they were never nerfed. i had my claws a few days after release date and im always hitting the same special.

I got my claws HOURS after they were released. Their special owned, then. Now, it's not near as accurate and it's almost never 100% 50% 25% 25% anymore.

I've used them every day since I got them and they're just terrible now. :|

RIP Michaelangelopolous

lmao, i want some of these. i managed to get away from a pair the other day on a pvp world. i was just hanging out getting some hotspot time, and someone came up to me, i didn't realize he had claws until i had already clicked my teletab, so it looked like he hit once, but i didn't get any damage when i ended up in my house. i still want some though once they are cheap.

[hide=WOO TEXT! updated Jan 19, 2009 (last quote)]

And Evil you mad bastard. You are definately bringing TET back up to it's glory. No doubt about it. Keep it going champ.

24,485th to 99 defence on 7-23-08

I always forget you're 20 too. I always think you're 25 or something. o.o

Ya think that I'm insane, Its not sane... its not sane

obligitory devart link: http://evil-mumm-ra.deviantart.com/

Pogonophobia is the fear of beards.

She isn't naked so it's legal.
I'm a porn star.
[/hide]

More like an attempt to drop the price on them. And yes, the nerf rumors were also a myth, I just tested them.

I wasn't attempting price manipulation, simply passing on something I'd heard, which actually sounds reasonably true.

Do you have any idea of what the drop rate was for Dragon Claws from Tormented Demons? I may try getting twice as many KBD kills as that number over the holiday break to kind-of test this out...

2dgucz6.png