Dragon Claws

Ajdinp

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon claws do seem to have a few weird scenarios

The 100-50-25-25 thing seems to work most of the time

But I also quite often get 100-50-50-0 (not sure on the placement of the 0) So just as much damage as a full spec, but you miss one hit.

Or 0-0-0-150ish, which is when first 3 miss and the last spec does massive damage (seen up to 48, and done up to 45)

Yes, but its usually a few people getting the claws for everyone, right? So most people will buy them, not obtain them themselves.

Then there will be only a few claws in existance...

What I was trying to say is the rarity of them, not how to get them. I was just stating how they were obtained. You get them from level 454's as a drop that's twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt (from what I hear), and you need to beat just about all the quests to get to them. Come on, read closely already... #-o

Still, plenty of people are walking around with them though. And the day you meet one you are most likely dead :|

But where did they get the claws? Buy from someone? Maybe, but the claws came from the demons. Okay, do you get it? Claws don't just appear when you try and buy them. #-o

Oops, didn't notice I had two posts in a row. Amundogus likes to communicate through editing his old posts... Thought he actually made another post.

Actually: a friend of mine got 1 pair of claws today from pking! - According to him he made around 20 kills

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Yes, but its usually a few people getting the claws for everyone, right? So most people will buy them, not obtain them themselves.

Then there will be only a few claws in existance...

What I was trying to say is the rarity of them, not how to get them. I was just stating how they were obtained. You get them from level 454's as a drop that's twice as rare as an Armadyl hilt (from what I hear), and you need to beat just about all the quests to get to them. Come on, read closely already... #-o

Still, plenty of people are walking around with them though. And the day you meet one you are most likely dead :|

But where did they get the claws? Buy from someone? Maybe, but the claws came from the demons. Okay, do you get it? Claws don't just appear when you try and buy them. #-o

Oops, didn't notice I had two posts in a row. Amundogus likes to communicate through editing his old posts... Thought he actually made another post.

Actually: a friend of mine got 1 pair of claws today from pking! - According to him he made around 20 kills

I'd believe it, although I'd also have expected JaGEx to wait a few weeks before putting Dragon Platebodies and Claws into the drop tables...

Then again, there were the PvP improvements today. Perhaps they were just added, although there's still the rare chance that the person your friend killed was holding them and he happened to get them as a drop.

2dgucz6.png

Well i heard from a friend of mine that Tormented demons can now shoot at through safespots, and can group up so you cant only kill one demon at a time, I think this is another way for jagex to make d plate prices fluctuate.

btw I doubt that they would put D plates in drop tables, for past week jagex is trying to make d plates really rare so the price doesnt deflate.

and the chances of d claws dropping in pking is super rare to nil, as it is even saved over whip if you are using "save one item on death" prayer

Well i heard from a friend of mine that Tormented demons can now shoot at through safespots, and can group up so you cant only kill one demon at a time, I think this is another way for jagex to make d plate prices fluctuate.

btw I doubt that they would put D plates in drop tables, for past week jagex is trying to make d plates really rare so the price doesnt deflate.

and the chances of d claws dropping in pking is super rare to nil, as it is even saved over whip if you are using "save one item on death" prayer

According to Tip's item database Dragon Claws alch for 50k while the Abyssal Whip alches for 72k, meaning that they would be lost to an Abyssal Whip on death.

I might agree about the Dragon Platebody not being a drop (yet, since as you said, due to what JaGEx wants the price to be) but seeing as every other piece of Dragon equipment is in the drop table, I wouldn't put it past them adding Claws.

2dgucz6.png

I heard rumours on the RSOF now that the Dragon Claws special attack has become a lot less accurate, can anyone check if it's true?

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

3_Hit_U,

should your sig not say "[ Check out my 99 Summoning video and see if you were in it " instead of "[ Check out my 99 Summoning video and see if you where in it ]"

Oh yeah, you're right lol.

I heard rumours on the RSOF now that the Dragon Claws special attack has become a lot less accurate, can anyone check if it's true?

Yea, I thought it was finally fixed... but then it turned out to be false :(

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

EzThePker wrote:

ON the RSOF forums the guy says you hit lower because of the nerf

how does that happen when it has the same Str bonus as it did last time?

EzThePker wrote:

haha love that example :P it so right, in theory you could make a bronze dagger hit 30 if you increased the str bonus. it's got nothing to do with the name of weapon or material, it's all in the str bonus and lvl :lol:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

EzThePker wrote:

By fabrication and bending the truth! Ooh, what wonderful things it can do!

Dirty liars, grumble grumble...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

^Clearly you don't have the claws...

Once again, no I don't. But the one time I have been attacked by them in PVP I went from max hp to 0 hp easily enough.

Keyword: one

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Get yourself a pair of claws And you'd hope Jagex never work their magic on the claws, how many times do we have to tell you?

You've had one bad encounter with the claws form what I've seen, stop complaining. :|

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Get yourself a pair of claws And you'd hope Jagex never work their magic on the claws, how many times do we have to tell you?

You've had one bad encounter with the claws form what I've seen, stop complaining. :|

Wait, you say he should get a pair to see how good they are, right? Well, he knows they are good, he even says they are too good... So they should be nerfed. (This is not my opinion). I think that wether he owns some or not doesnt have to do anything with it. He says there are too strong, period.

Wait, you say he should get a pair to see how good they are, right? Well, he knows they are good, he even says they are too good... So they should be nerfed. (This is not my opinion). I think that wether he owns some or not doesnt have to do anything with it. He says there are too strong, period.

He is saying that if you get a pair of claws, you will be on the other side of the fence hoping that Jagex never nerfs it because of its awesomeness.

I have not tried the claws, since I do not play anymore, but from what people say in IRC it still seems they are a great weapon, so they haven't been nerfed, but, if they really are as good as people tell me they are, then chances are Jagex, will nerf them somewhat.

They can't let one weapon get extremely powerful, so unfortunately, it probably will.

(My opinion, from the past, I believe this)

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

11-Dec-2008 21:51:47

Lying, or spreading rumours about items in order to raise/lower prices of certain items.

There has been no major change to the Dragon Claws, so those who have them should find they haven't changed a bit.

~ MMH ~

this is from the RSOF, i doubt they will nerf them knowing it is super rare,, and by the looks of the quote i think they support the junk trading in rs economy.

but since owning dragon claws, i am optimistic that jagex will never nerf them

while you dont own one and dont like how powerful it is, you will want it to be nerf

I hope Jagex does one of two things:

1.) Nerf the claws or

2.) Give mage and range something comparable in total damage outcome in the same amount of time.

Though, I'd prefer the first option.

Been waiting years for Dagger to be nerfed, I love the fact that they nerfed the MSB but didn't nerf the DD lol, it's stupid.

Personally i havnt tried the claws as i dont play rs anymore but ive seen the pictures and read some posts. i think this is a really cool weapon, i think all high weapons that come out are good because generally jagex balance them pretty well, ie. ive heard this ones worth a LOT of money to be comparable with the dds in pking circumenstance. Therefore using them would risk you a lot of money (if one itemers start using them they should just stop them from being protected).

I reckon the problem is is that hitpoints have stayed the same since RSC and weapon max hits have easily over doubled since then. They should make hitpoints the only stat that you can raise to 150 but still being the equivilant of 99 in any other skill(same ammount of exp needed). Its probally quite hard to do but it needs to be done really..

haha love that example :P it so right, in theory you could make a bronze dagger hit 30 if you increased the str bonus. it's got nothing to do with the name of weapon or material, it's all in the str bonus and lvl :lol:

you just realised that a game is based purely on numbers and text :shock: its the same for every game ever created.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

you just realised that a game is based purely on numbers and text :shock: its the same for every game ever created.

sometime in rsc, this one guy found a glitch where he could drop knives and he would stack strength bonus with it, like he would drop a knife and it would add like 20 str bonus and keep stacking everytime he dropped one. so he would hit extremely high with a bronze axe. He three rounded lots of people :], :mrgreen: i'd say 2 rounded

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.