Who wants to live forever?

No_99_Melee

I would, sure it would get boring, but your practically omnipotent. with an infinite amount of time you can accomplish anything.

you would lose a grip on reality and everything would matter less and less until you decide nothing deserves to be the way it is.

sounds awsome to me.

i would want to find out the answers to everything, and try out every single thing in reality.

then just sit there, reliving things i've already done for all eternity.

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, defiantly. There's so much to do in this world, and further, the universe that we would never even consider now because of our limited lifespans. And I'd be able to experience it all without stress and a range of other emotions that are a result of our awareness of our own mortality.

I'd rather die than live forever. Living for a thousand years might be nice, but to be a mortal is the only reason we can move forward; to make the most of things. The feeling that life is not endless gives us the ability to enjoy everything. Take that away, and life would be meaningless.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Not me; it would suck to see everyone you know/love die because they're not immortal like you.

Even if they got to be immortal with me, I still wouldn't want to because life is so boring, there's only so much you can do before you get bored.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Only if some hot girl my age could live forever too ;)

They'd be unhot most of the time though.

Plus they would probably get bored of you.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Because times change, and we are attracted to people who look similar to everyone else. If everyone was overweight, we'd all be attracted to fat people.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Given an infinite amount of time, in the forever future of your life anything that can happen will already have happened in some point in your life, for if a physical process has even the smallest of probability then then in an infinite amount of time, the process must occur.

So you will witness everything probable.

Also, No_99, of course humanity will end, that's as obvious as the ground being hard.

Also, a human brain does not have the ability to store an infinite amount of knowledge, it would eventually get filled. Its not a magic never-ending library.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I'd like to live a long time,not forever.I want to be able to tell my great great great great (times a lot) grandkids about the zombie invasion I fought against,without telling them it was Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil.

I'd also like to spend a lot of time proving Stephen Hawking's theories.Like by sending other people into black holes (never me) and sending people to destroy the LHC (again,never me,and I'll be on the moon in case it does destroy the Earth).

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Given an infinite amount of time, in the forever future of your life anything that can happen will already have happened in some point in your life, for if a physical process has even the smallest of probability then then in an infinite amount of time, the process must occur.

Also, No_99, of course humanity will end, that's as obvious as the ground being hard.

Also, a human brain does not have the ability to store an infinite amount of knowledge, it would eventually get filled. Its not a magic never-ending library.

Forgot about that. Yeah; the human brain can hold roughly 4 terabytes of memory.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Because times change, and we are attracted to people who look similar to everyone else. If everyone was overweight, we'd all be attracted to fat people.

I thought we were attracted to people who look similar to our parents.

I'd like to live a long time,not forever.I want to be able to tell my great great great great (times a lot) grandkids about the zombie invasion I fought against,without telling them it was Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil.

Maybe if you lived long enough you would be in a real zombie invasion. :ohnoes:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I settle for the <100 years. Death is there for a very good reason: You'd get bored ;) Death isn't that big of a deal anyways.

And yeah, your brain would get overload of memories too.

Edit: so to prevent your brain from getting too crowdet, you would have to invent a method to clear your head. But sooner or later you'd realize that death does that for you, and you'd wake up to your senses and die :mrgreen:

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

I thought we were attracted to people who look similar to our parents.

I'm attracted to someone who looks NOTHING like either of my parents. So that theory is somewhat flawed. :P

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

Only if my boyfriend could live forever with me. And even then, I'm not so sure...

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Interesting question.

The desire for knowledge and the opportunity to gain as much as possible is a bit of a draw card, but I don't think I could deal with losing loved ones and I think I'd eventually get way to bored having done everything there is to do. I'd much rather just die peacefully sometime.

Personally I'm not into the eternal life thing as much as I'm into having the best life possible. The best life possible should be devoid of suffering and angst and full of good times, good relationships and the search for knowledge.

Edit:

It would be interesting to see everything evolve and change through time, but once you miss your generation your all alone practically.

I would really rather die, but that's because I believe in Euthanasia anyway O.o

That's another good point that I didn't think of. Imagine how lonely you'd be if you were the only "human" left and everyone else evolved away from our current form. I suppose that depends on how stably we can maintain our current environment. With things like global warming and ice ages, I suppose that might not be so easy.

What would happen to your brain once it is filled?

What would happen to your brain once it is filled?

I'd imagine it's a gradual process whereby old information is gradually replaced by new information. It should be a seemless process; I don't think it's like you can pinpoint information capacity in your own brain.

No I wouldn't.

My view is, we only have a set amount of years to live and make the most of it. Me, I'm a smoker and a heavy "social" drinker, TBH I highly doubt I'll live past 70 so I've got a short compared to others time amount to live life what it is for. I'll live every day till the end, life is about taking risks and seeing the good / bad from these risks as no other way will be fun.

Why take life seriously? No one gets out alive. My saying which I live by. I don't care how much money I make or how well I do as long as I enjoy life as at the end of the day it will mean [bleep] all when I'm dead.

Living forever would be horrifying.

You'd never see the end of the world. You're living FOREVER. The world can never end if someone is still alive. You'll watch everyone and everything you've EVER loved die. For eternity.

You'll never have true love forever.

I don't understand the aging thing. Think about it. If you stopped aging at 30, you would wake up everyday and see the same thing. For eternity. You'd always remember what it was like in the past (meaning you'll always remember what it was like to be young, and miss that forever) but you'll never progress forward.

Every agonizing thing you've ever witnessed would be a memory locked into you forever, and every happy memory would simply die because the person/place you created that memory with/at would die or change.

I think living for a limited period of time allows humans to find a purpose in life. We can only do so much with our time, so it's best to have a sense of urgency knowing that tomorrow you could be dead at any point in time. Life is best kept limited.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif